on 10 July 2013
I bought this (and some outdoor speakers) so i can switch between front room, kitchen and outside.

With this you can have any combination of speakers active.

Its a really solid little unit, pretty heavy (so feels likes its solidly constructed), in a metal case.

Generally seems really sturdy and well built

Works well

No problems - recommended
on 16 October 2013
i have four sets of quality speakers connected to this item and it works perfectly whether i am using one set or all four speaker sets simultaneously. the sound quality is great. i recommend this item.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 November 2015
I already have a 'cheap plastic' speaker switch, which still works fine, but having just upgraded my hifi and got some better quality speakers, I decided to get a 'protected' version to safeguard my equipment and opted for this.

It was quickly set up in a couple of minutes and is now rocking out as we speak (or type LOL)

The unit is made of metal, has nice weight to it and 'push' buttons to show you which 'zone' you have activated.

I only have two sets of speakers wired to it, but got a 4 way which gives me scope to add to it in future if desired.

The buttons have a nice 'click' so you can hear and see that its engaged and you can have zones independently or together knowing you are protected.

Some stickers were also included to label the buttons (eg lounge/office/kitchen etc) so you know which zone/s are activated, which was a nice touch.

The speaker terminals are the 'sprung ' i.e push and insert' type, so its quick and easy to wire in .

The unit is designed for 4-16ohm speakers and takes up to 14 to 22 gauge speaker wire

Am delighted with this over my plastic one as it is not only more aesthetically pleasing, it feels weighty and feels well made and i think is great value for the price.
on 12 August 2013
When you only have one set of speakers connected, can use the button that allows direct path. When switching on additonal speakers, impedence is always a minimium value, to protect amplifier. Quality is OK, slight change is detectable but nothing much in my opinion (slight mid-range filter I think)
on 14 March 2014
Nice piece of kit in a quality metal casing - Works a treat from my Amp to control 2 sets of speakers in our house, no Sound bleed apparent and easy to fit. Seems miles better than the cheap plastic versions that let the sound bleed and have tiny holes for speaker wires. I have fairly decent gauge speaker wire and it fitted with a little fettling. Recommended.
on 6 June 2016
Surprisingly good unit for the money here.. If you are looking for a basic audio splitter, then this works surprisingly well. With 4 spring loaded clips to allow you connect up seperate speakers, really is straight forward to use and with no seperate power requirement, you have full set up in a few minutes.
Really loved the touch where they included some preprinted labels for the front buttons so you can label each button to turn on/off each area if required. I have mine hooked up to 6 speakers, so I have 2 speakers hooked up to one button with no quality issues - just press button to turn sound on/off in different zones.. I have mind hooked up to Marantz unit which allows me AirPlay music to different wired rooms.
While ideally I'd love to move to Sonos type set up, haven't got there yet and as I have the wiring already in place, this unit does the job just great.
I'm no audiophile so can't really comment on any quality loss.. All I know is that I like my music, listen to a lot and loud at times and so far I!ve had no issues at all with this unit...
As I'm writing I'm wondering why I deducted a star in the rating.. Well, build quality is not the strongest, but that said, this does exactly what you need and for the price you won't be disappointed. I've owned and used this now for a number of months and a happy customer.. So just thought I'd pass on my feedback in case you were considering purchasing like me.., no issues my side so hopefully same for you..
on 8 May 2016
It does the job it is meant to perfectly. The connectors on the back don't take large cables as mentioned by other reviewers, but if you have read the reviews and are pre-warned of this, it shouldn't be a problem.
As long as the unit keeps working, I'm perfectly happy.
on 14 June 2013
i like this, can't hear any cross over, solid build, does the job very well. you not going to get the biggest cable in the back, but it is fine.
on 13 September 2015
Well made and will hopefully last a lot longer than previous switch. It was easy to install and there appears to be absolutely no 'sound bleed' across the switch. It's also good that the switch is clever enough to protect the amp from different impedance speakers. So far, very impressed with the quality.
on 28 May 2016
This is excellent value for money and works perfectly straight out of the box. No sound bleed between channels, highly recommended.