5.0 out of 5 stars 'LEGENDARY ARTIST' 'GREAT ALBUM'
'Paul McCartney' has continued to write and record new material for over fifty years
now, of course his career started way back in the early sixties as one of the 'Fab-Four'
when the 'Beatles' split he started out as a solo-artist and charted with 'Another Day'
back in 71' a number two-hit, this was followed up by a lower-order entry sung with
his wife...
Published 11 months ago by rbmusicman

2.0 out of 5 stars This is the American release and as such, many of the tracks i was looking for are not included.
Uk version gets 5 stars but this is usa version and the track listings vary considerably. Will be looking for the full Uk version in due course.
Published 21 months ago by S. W. Cochrane

3.0 out of 5 stars Mull of Kintyre: McCartney gave us the song; others sing it better, 12 Sept. 2014
This review is from: All The Best ! (Audio CD)
I bought this only to have Paul McCartney's rendition of his own song, 'Mull of Kintyre'. Other musicians have covered it and there are many versions out there, but I was interested to hear the composer sing it himself. I did like the fact that he sang the entire song, ie all the verses, and that he was careful in singing the melody. I did not like McCartney's slow tempo and for a man, I'm afraid he doesn't have much of a voice either. I listened to the other tracks, by Paul McCartney and Wings, and I'm afraid I didn't take to them. I think 'Mull of Kintyre' is a fantastic song; with it, McCartney made a towering contribution to traditional Scottish music and brought profound listening pleasure to countless of us who love Scottish music.
To sum up, in my opinion the song has been improved upon by other artists. Tommy Scott, the Scottish Canadian singer, has given it a strong, stirring rendition, although regrettably his version includes only the first verse. American Glenn Campbell, another versatile singer/guitarist, has also recorded it in his stirring voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the Best to Sir Paul McCartney!, 13 May 2013
Eliezer P. Lopes (FLORIANÓPOLIS, SANTA CATARINA, BR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All The Best ! (Audio CD)
We already have the Brazilian version of this CD which is the same as the American version.
This UK version is really great!
Since 1990 we feel deeply moved with ‘Mull of Kintyre’, ‘My love’, ‘We all stand together’ and ‘Ebony and Ivory’ sung with Stevie Wonder!
Sir Paul McCartney’s genius is present in each well-finished track!
Sound quality is very clear for a 1990 version!
The booklet presents each song with beautiful illustrations and the words of each song. The illustrations are very creative and immerse you into the atmosphere of each song!
‘All the Best’ is a kaleidoscopic tour into the Universe of Sir Paul McCartney’s unpaired genius in the World of Music! Hats off to that!
For all these reasons we give this CD five stars!
We recommend this CD as a legacy of our dearest Paul McCartney for us and for the generations of the future!
Paul is Live now and forever in our hearts!
Warmest regards,
Eliezer, Elizeu and Maria da Conceicao, Brazil.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Aug. 2014
Great delivery and album

3.0 out of 5 stars ....Maybe I'm ( Still) Bemused!!!....2.75 Stars, 31 Aug. 2009
This review is from: All The Best ! (Audio CD)
All the Best.....A Best Of Macca/ Wings Compilation Should Play Effortlessly From Start To Finish......And This Doesn't!!!..Over 20 Years On And I'm Still Scratching My Head Over This.....You Have The Brilliant " Jet", " Maybe I'm Amazed", " My Love" & " Pipes Of Peace" On The Same CD As The Average " C-Moon", " Ebony And Ivory" & " Listen To What The Man Said"........And That Bloody Frog Song, Which Still Hangs Like A Huge, Dark Cloud Over This Compilation.............The Dropping Of This Garbage Would Of Made Room For " Junior's Farm", " Hi,Hi,Hi" Or Any Bona Fide Macca/Wings Classic And Would Of Made This An Essential.....There Is Way Too Much Track-Skipping To Get Your Fix Of Quality On This One....Thank God That We Have Wingspan, Because This Is A Bit Of A Mess..........

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Oct. 2014
It is what it says.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 Dec. 2014
tops for all fans

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Jan. 2015
VERY GOOD THANKS

5.0 out of 5 stars Paul McCartney C.D, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: All the Best (Audio CD)
I chose the rating because I really liked the songs on the C.D.I've been looking for Paul McCartney's greatest Hits for ages now & finally saw it on the Amazon web site & such a good price too.... nice one!

All the song's on the .C.D. are fantastic,I've a few favourite's too, I didn't waste anytime uploading the songs to my Media Player, then down loading them to my MP4 player.. great stuff !

And yes I'd definately recommend the C.D. to family & friends..!

3.0 out of 5 stars Personal Plea to EMI, 15 Aug. 2011
This review is from: All the Best (Audio CD)
It never ceases to amaze me that Paul McCartney, the greatest song writer of all time, has never had a definitive singles or Best Of collection released. Admittedly, if you included his Beatles compositions then it would probably have to be a 4 CD Boxed Set at the very least but if that was the case then so be it. Instead, we are left with inferior compilations like Wingspan, Wings Greatest Hits (featuring 12 tracks for Gods sake, its an insult)and this one featuring a collection of Wings and solo singles. The trouble with all these compilations is they exclude too many other singles. Give Ireland Back to the Irish & Mary Had A Little Lamb may not have been Wings classics but they are too good to be ignored. And how about the brilliant Helen Wheels or 2 of what I consider to be Wings best ever recordings, Letting Go and Old Siam Sir. More recently, solo material such as Flaming Pie, Calico Skies & Dance Tonight are all worthy of inclusion as is his brilliant cover of the old Vipers skiffle hit, No Other Baby from the Run Devil Run album or Highway and Sing the Changes from his experimental collaboration with Youth. EMI, Please address this oversight as soon as possible but as a final request, even on a Definitive Macca Collection I'll happily forgo the inclusion of The Frog Song and Wonderful Christmas Time. Even the Greatest Song writer of all time is allowed a couple of duds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 July 2014
Still number 1

All The Best (UK Version)
All The Best (UK Version) by Paul McCartney