5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shower at an excellent price
We had one of these for 10 years in our old house and it was used daily without the slightest problem. If our new house didn't have a combi boiler we'd have another in a heartbeat.

Don't understand the complaints about it being fiddly to fit. I found it quite the opposite.

Highly recommended.
Published 22 months ago by Mr

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected
Published on 4 Aug 2010 by Jagger

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected, 4 Aug 2010
This review is from: Mira Event XS Manual Power Shower White 1.1532.014 (Misc.)
I bought the Mira Event XS as a replacement for an old Peglar Storm power shower, because Mira were the only showers that I could find with the wall entry inlet on the same (left hand) side. The Mira is surface mounted which necessitated tiling the gap left by the old unit. This meant having to be VERY PRECISE about where to leave the hole for the inlet pipes. Connecting the pipes is a fiddly job and I wouldn't recommend buying this shower for wall entry mounting - but it is probably fine for top or bottom entry, where the pipes are above the tiles. As mentioned by other purchasers, I also find this shower dissappointingly noisy, despite the rubber mountings and wall plugs that it is supplied with. Finally, I had to put red paint marks on both the flow and temperature control knobs so that I could see the position of the knobs against the markings on the casing.
All in all a dissappointing purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very noisy!, 7 Sep 2010
This review is from: Mira Event XS Manual Power Shower White 1.1532.014 (Misc.)
I bought this shower as a replacement for my previous Mira Event shower thinking that the XS version would be similar. I had been fairly pleased with my previous shower in spite of it needing a new motor a couple of years ago and this had now failed for a second time.

The first problem I found was that all the fixing positions had changed, even for the hand set rail! This required new fixings to be drilled through the tiles. It then proved to be very noisy and the speed control did not work so I called in the Mira service engineer. This was not a problem and he was very prompt. He went through my installation and fitted a new pump, but it was still noisy and he said that they were all like this. I am disappointed that the quality of the product seems to have fallen so far in spite of still being fairly pricey. A friend who is a plumber tells me that Mira quality has gone down hill and he no longer fits their products.

The shower now works OK, but I would not recommend it to others due mainly to the noise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Replacement for previous Mira Event XS, 12 May 2013
J. A. Walsh "Joe W" (North West England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mira Event XS Manual Power Shower White 1.1532.014 (Misc.)
I bought this item as a replacement for previous Mira Event XS. The last one only lasted 5 years, since then the price has jumped quite a lot. Any way this one was the cheapest I could find. Not to hard to fit as all the bits were the same. The power seemed a little less than my previous Mira but I put this down to the "eco" shower head, so replaced it with my old one and this seems much better.
The company was very good and delivery better than expected. I would deel with them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shower at an excellent price, 3 Nov 2012