on 12 January 2013
This is my first Terry Oldfield album. Having been a fan of his better-known brother Mike, it's strange I haven't listened to Terry's music before. I bought this album on the spur of the moment, while looking for intriguing ethnic-inspired ambient music. I am also a fan of the music by Medwyn Goodall, so I thought Terry Oldfield's music would be nice to include in my discography.

Spirit of the Rainforest is definitely an album worth to have if you like new age / ambient music with natural or ethnic sounds. The album is divided into two tracks of 28 and 27 minutes in length. The first is more raw, with the sound of the flute and the pan flute over natural sounds. toward the end of the track it unravels a bit, but more sonic heaven is definitely on the second track, The Listening Heaven. Somewhere in the middle, the music surges in intensity and emotions, and it sound simply heavenly. It's beautiful. The track then gets quieter, returning to the peaceful, meditative character of the first track.

The music, while being of the new age genre, luckily escapes the shallowness of many typical new-age productions. It is also not so sugar-sweet like many albums of the genre (for example some albums by Medwyn Goodall or countless lesser-known artists who cash in on the popularity of such music). It's a solid piece of work. Both relaxing, and pleasant to listen to. I definitely recommend this album!
on 23 July 2009
I had this on tape many moons ago, then lost my copy.... I have been searching for this ever since. It is simply fantastic, it really takes you away from the here and now..... If you only buy one album by Terry Oldfield please please make it this one - I have bought a couple of his CD's since, and to be honest they do not come anywhere near this one!

Another CD i'd recommend along similar lines to this would beA Calmer Panorama
on 2 December 2015
very uplifting cd it takes you on a journey in to the rain forest it places you as if you are there, my budgies like it, this is a place that needs to be protected from human greed once it is gone it cannot be replaced,there will be no animals living here the only place you will find them in the zoo.Even in the living oceans whales are hunted for scientific reserch which is all wrong it is only a loop hole so that they use there meat to fill there stomachs ,these are pretty animals if we dont stop they will be here no longer they will be extinct by human greed.
on 14 January 2015
Hauntingly beautiful and original - bought to replace my original tape.
on 21 September 2014
I owned this yrs ago on cassette was sad when it broke. Recently rebought it on CD. Fantastically relaxing especially if you don't feel well. Helps u drift off into deep relaxation & forget the world and all the stresses in it.
on 4 September 2015
The item was as described..the delivery was swift..I'm very happy..had this originally on cassette I'm glad to have found it on CD!
on 19 June 2015
I loved this CD. It's very relaxing.
on 24 January 2014
If you like endless pan pipes this cd will suit you well. Inoffensive ambient world music, doesn't pretend to be anything else. Could be either very relaxing or very irritating depending upon on your mood. I find it great for w
ashing the dishes to...