5.0 out of 5 stars So Tough Part 2! Great Album!
When I first this got thi cd, it brought me back to the days of "So Tough." Very similar formula and in a good way!

This is well worth having, paricularly for the great second disc, which has lots of qaulity tracks and in my opnion almost comes across as a mini ablum.

Published on 28 Oct 2010 by Dimension

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't touch this with a 10ft pole!
I bought this as a gift for my niece,It came in a nice fitting package,I thought Id check out the songs on youtube,All I can say is that its HORRIBLE,Never in all my life have I heard such over edited garbage!
The singer clearly can't sing without voice amps to make them sound better,even then it does fail miserably,I try to keep an open mind on genre's of music,and...
Published on 11 Mar 2011 by James

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So Tough Part 2! Great Album!, 28 Oct 2010
This review is from: Finisterre (Audio CD)

Much better than the second discs of Foxbase Alpha and So Tough, whereas those ones you'd likely listen to once or twice.

This one is a keeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
This review is from: My World 2.0 (Audio CD)
Very pleased. Good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of their finest, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Finisterre (Audio CD)
At times quite a dark album, although to these ears this remains one of their finest releases. Along with So Tough this is a must for any casual or more refined Saint Etienne fan. Lyrically cutting and going down a musical path slightly less poppy than usual, it is all the better for it...

5.0 out of 5 stars ys one happy bunny, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: My World 2.0 (Audio CD)
this was a real good buy for my grandaughter she loves JB anyway but even so she really did enjoy this pressie and i got help with my shoppin haha

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to have you back, 13 Oct 2002
This review is from: Finisterre (Audio CD)
St Etienne are the epitemy of inoffensive, melancholy and beatiful. I find myself smiling to their music, but they also can make you cry. I think you either love or loathe Sarah Cracknells voice and accordingly this has a big bearing on your opinion of their music. I happen to love it.
Finisterre has two weak tracks. B92 and The Way We Live Now. Every one of their previous albums has the odd duffer though. Tiger Bay being the only exception. The rest of the album is a mix of electro upbeat pop and wispy vocal stuff. The best tracks are the more upbeat ones including Action, Amateur, Soft Like Me and, in my opinion Shower Scene and New Thing are the two best tracks.These two might just get you off your seat for a jig around the room !
This isnt an album with St Etienne trying a new direction. It's a mixture of what they do best. Heart warming, thought provoking, bring a smile to your face music.
Do your self a favour. Ditch the umpteen manufactured, sound alike, R & B, how much swearing can I get into one album type of music and re-educate your music brain. Take a trip to St Etienne.
Welcome back Sarah, Bob and Pete.

5.0 out of 5 stars Foxbase Beta, 1 Oct 2002
This review is from: Finisterre (Audio CD)
The Saint Etienne album I've been waiting for.
Foxbase Alpha enchanted.
So tough impressed, but wasn't quite as coated with magical pop stardust.
Tiger Bay seemed effortless, yet seemed to find the band on a higher plane.
Good Humor was nice(not very descriptive I know, but as far as I'm willing to go), where they seemed to think they were The Cardigans(The Cardigans meanwhile seemed to think they were Garbage, but that's another story)
The sound of water very nearly hit a home run, but as like other pop favourites Pet Shop Boys, Saint Etienne always seem to work better with a little extra input and make magnificent singles & remixes, ie Tell me why, He's on the phone & Heart failed in the back of a taxi.
This album seems to take the main ingredients from Foxbase Alpha and add that little something extra, that their singles possess.
If they carry on like this, Nothing can stop them now!

4.0 out of 5 stars There is something about this record., 15 Oct 2010
This review is from: Finisterre (Audio CD)
For fans of Saint Etienne there is no doubt this is a must have. The bonus disc is packed with quality and as is the norm with these deluxe editions the packaging is sublime.

For casual music fans looking to find a new band then perhaps this is the group you should try? There is little to disappoint with Saint Etienne. Catchy tunes that leave you wanting to be in a cafe somewhere in Soho or Paris whilst you survey the national papers or catch up on that book you have been meaning to finish for some time.

I have to admit that I prefer this album on the headphones. You get a full feel for the texture and density of the recording. Fantastic value for money and a good starting point for those not familiar with Saint Etienne.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Grannies, 23 May 2010
This review is from: My World 2.0 (Audio CD)
I am a nurse working in an Old Peoples Home and they all Boogie Down to it.

It really gets them Going!!!!!=)

Thanks a lot Justin for making a whole lot of OLD PEOPLE very HAPPY????????

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughters purchase, 4 Jun 2010
Andy C (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My World 2.0 (Audio CD)
My daughter loves it and has her age is 12 which is the target audience for this "music" nothing else needs to be said

5.0 out of 5 stars JB my world, 26 Sep 2010
This review is from: My World 2.0 (Audio CD)
Bought this for my 14yr old daughter. Newest release ... Justin cant do any wrong, she loves it, Im sick of hearing it hehe. For teenage girls its a must!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›