5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Album
I love all the songs on this album, like all albums there are ones that you like more and ones you can happily skip. I enjoyed this album so much I have purchased their first album and pre-ordered their third.

Published on 2 Oct. 2011 by Sammi

2.0 out of 5 stars careful: this is the pop/rock version of the album!!
Published on 5 May 2010 by Ronny Verbeemen

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Album, 2 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)

My personal favourite on this album is 'When you got a good thing' and of course 'Need you now' I like these songs so much, when I get married I want these songs on my wedding playlist!

They are a fab country band and honestly we need more of this kind of music around, instead of all the tosh you have in the UK top 40 charts.

I would definitely recommend, I cannot wait to hear their latest material!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 11 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)
There's not a track on this album I don't like. Definitely worth checking out.
Look out especially for track 4 ""Hello World", track 3, "American Honey" and track 7 "When you got a good thing".
One of the best contemporary country bands to come out of Nashville in recent years.
Go buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Need them NOW !, 22 May 2011
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)
Great album, not normally into this genre but my wife dragged me to a concert recently. Had a ball. So we got the album. Good crossover between country and rock ish....
And they are fantastic live !!
Will get the next album when its out.

2.0 out of 5 stars careful: this is the pop/rock version of the album!!, 5 May 2010
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)
Typical: this UK edition of Lady Antebellum's wonderful 2nd album is a scam/sham! All the songs have had their wonderful country sound removed, with this I mean that none of the songs contain that wonderful steel guitar sound & those twangs that typify good country songs. Everything on the album sounds bland now, like substandard pop/rock songs, there to satisfy undemanding rock & pop lovers. Absolutely dreadful! Thank god I had already purchased the original US version of the album, which is one of the best country albums of the year. So try to avoid at all costs the bastardized, "country drained" UK version! Accept no substitute(s)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lady A does it again!, 26 Jan. 2010
R. Phillips "Movie fan" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Need You Now (MP3 Download)
Do these people produce a bad track? The answer your looking for is "No". I bought the previous Album "Lady Antebellum" and was immediately hooked. If MP3 players could wear out, I would have worn mine out as I have listened to nothing else since. I thought that album would be as good as it could possibly get but I was wrong. This surpasses it (if that is at all possible). May you continue to reign supreme. If you haven't heard Lady A before, nip over to Youtube, Take a listen and I gaurantee you will be back to buy everything you can! Thank you Lady A for giving us more of you....

5.0 out of 5 stars You Need This Album Now, 21 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)
Even before I'd heard a single note they played, I knew I was likely to enjoy Lady Antebellum. I've long been a fan of rock music and recent years have developed a greater appreciation in me for the country music I grew up listening to thanks to my Dad. I've always enjoyed the country-rock sound of The Jayhawks and recently have become a fan of country-pop, having liked the Dixie Chicks over several albums and recently adding the likes of Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift and the Courtyard Hounds to my CD collection.

So hearing that Lady Antebellum were a country-rock trio was always likely to float my musical boat. It seems I'm not alone in this thought, with their second album "Need You Now" winning the Best Country Album aware at the 2011 Grammy Awards and the lead single, also the title track, picking up the Grammy for Record of the Year. Shortly after purchase, the aforementioned "Need You Now" quickly became one of the most played songs on my iTunes, but sitting down and listening to the album properly showed that they are much more than one song.

Even allowing for the slight predictability of the track order late on the album and the minor disappointment that two of the 12 tracks have been borrowed from the debut album, this is a wonderful album. I'd go so far as to say that this is probably the second best country rock album I have ever heard, bettered only by Lady Antebellum's own debut. If you have any interest in country music and especially country-rock music, this is a must have.

There are touches of Matchbox Twenty with a country twang, but this would also appeal to fans of the Jayhawks and those fans of Taylor Swift, Leann Rimes or Carrie Underwood who can handle a little more of a rock touch in their country music than they usually provide. As fans of all of the above, I loved this album and for 12 tracks and 47 minutes of quality music, this is superb value and I can see this will be on repeat on my iPhone for many years to come.

This review may also appear, in whole or in part, under my name at any or all of www.ciao.co.uk, www.thebookbag.co.uk, www.goodreads.com, www.amazon.co.uk and www.dooyoo.co.uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Argh! Crappy UK release, buy the US one!, 10 May 2010
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)
Why do they do this? Is it so hard to believe that people in the UK wont appreciate the more country sound? If you're thinking of buying this, DO!!! but do yourself a favour and buy it from amazon.com and get the US release which is better in my opinion. I love this album, hence the 5 stars by why do the record companies think they have to butcher it before it's released over here?

5.0 out of 5 stars CD, 22 Nov. 2011
Mrs. AC Wood "A WOOD" (St Helens Merseyside) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)
amazing best album I have bought in ages.Will buy more of their CD's without a doubt can't wait for them to release next album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lady Antebellum - Need You Now, 21 Jun. 2012
Doreen Guest "D. Guest" (Hornchurch, Essex RM12) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)
The first time I had heard of this group was hearing 'Need you Now' on the car radio a few weeks back, and it interested me so I went and started checking them out a bit more.

Although their country style is pretty middle of the road, this is a pleasant enough album that in places reminded me of some older groups such as Lonestar and probably the strongest track on the album is in fact the title one.

There's nothing really groundbreaking at work lyrically or musically but as mainstream contemporary country albums go, this is perfectly well made and enjoyable.....

5.0 out of 5 stars No sophomore slump here!, 28 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)
Lady Antebellum have become one of the biggest acts in country music right now and from this fantastic album it's easy to see why!
Need You Know is the follow up to their hugely successful dedut CD and they're getting stronger and stronger.
They begin with their massive Pop Crossover number 1 hit and title track Need You Know and the current hit American Honey which has a nice summer time feel to it.Hillary gets to really show off her strong voice on these two tracks.
There's also lots of other catchy uptempos like Perfect Day,Stars Tonight and Something 'Bout A Woman.But the real stand out song is easily the beautiful Hello World.This has future Song of the Year written all over it!
Produced by Paul Worley (Martina McBride) and Lady Antebellum with writing credits from Lady A also, this is pure polished Pop/Country at it's very best.
Need You Know has already become their most successful album to date so you simply can't go wrong with this gem.

Prime cuts: Need You Now, American Honey, Hello World, Stars Tonight.

Need You Now