on 25 October 2011
I bought these stories for my 5 year old pupils for our listening station. Each story is about 3-6 minutes long and read by a variety of people with different accents. I liked the fact that it includes many well known traditional tales. The kids really enjoy listening! (No books included by the way).
on 10 May 2012
this is a great collection for the kids to listen to when im doing the cooking, it hasnt replaced the bedtime stories as they have said they still want mummy to read it, which i am very happy with, the stories are well read and fun, with lots of variety for both boys and girls. dont drop it though as the hinged cd holders inside break off easily.
on 8 November 2011
Excellent value for money. The kids love the stories, some of which they already knew, but this is a novel way to keep them quiet for ages while you get on with something else!
on 13 March 2013
For the amount of stories and selection, this is good value!

CDs seem to have photocopied labels?? Not sure if they are genuine!

The main negative is that my toddler (and me on occasion) struggle to understand some words! I knew from the description that the stories were in different accents, but assumed (maybe foolishly) that this would be different regional accents from the UK....instead there seem to be lots of South African accents...... so 'Alice in Wonderland' instead sounds like 'Ellis in Wonderland'. Maybe this is good for children, but personally I have found it really irritating! and therefore do not play it in the car as was intended!
on 6 November 2013
I was aware it was mostly not British accents and that is fine, in fact it is nice that children get to hear different accents. However, some of the stories are a bit scary, which are easy to skip over. In general though the kids love the variety of the stories and will enjoy them more as they get older, as some are more aimed at over 7s. Worth buying for the variety.
on 27 December 2013
Looks and sounds like a cheap copy. The CDs have poor quality b&w pictures on. The sound comes on very loud on some stories which is not good when children are dropping off to sleep! Some stories don't work at all. Never had a problem with amazon before. Very disappointed.
on 25 March 2014
I was looking forward to getting this CD as my grand daughter always requests stories while we are travelling in the car. I'm slowly running out, so ordered this CD. I can't tell you how awful it is. It took me a while to work out who Ellis was, only to understand it was Alice in wonderland. Dorothy becomes Mary in the Wizard of Oz and the Pied Piper of Hamlin leaves a lot to be desired.
Need I say more? Don 't buy it!
on 18 March 2013
Don't write many reviews as I am always happy with Amazon but this product went into the bin. Poor quality and difficult to understand the accents for a 5 year old Brit (sorry to all those South Africans out there). CD noise faded in and out, became very loud at times which is not great when your child is trying to sleep.
Not for me.
on 5 April 2013
Certainly offers a lot of stories for the price, and compact and easy to store. Easy for the children at bedtime.
on 27 October 2013
This was a present and when tested the sound was fine. However I was a bit disappointed in the pictures being in black and white which made it look like a copy.