5.0 out of 5 stars richard
from morning till bed time this toy is played with i think i know every phrase the children adore her i am sure this will be a hit at christmas
Published on 13 Nov. 2011 by richard

3.0 out of 5 stars Disney have Missed the Mark on this one.
Published 6 months ago by dmcnabb

5.0 out of 5 stars richard, 13 Nov. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars christmas gift, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Disney Toy Story Talking Jessie Pull String Doll (Toy)
bought this on line as was cheaper than Disney store!!! arrived on promptly and effieciently. lovely toy doll cant wait for nephew to use it

3.0 out of 5 stars Disney have Missed the Mark on this one., 15 Dec. 2014
dmcnabb - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Disney Toy Story Talking Jessie Pull String Doll (Toy)
This Disney Toy Story Jessie doll comes from the Disney Store. I bought it while in a Disney store for my 4 year old son to join his Woody, Buzz & Bullseye. Jessie is a good size, She is about the same height as most talking Woody dolls - she is taller than Buzz by a few inches. I wasn't sure about this doll when I originally looked at it online. I didn't think that Disney really hit the mark - as it looks like Jessie, but something about her isn't quite right (looks wise). When I was in the store I was surprised at the variation in the face and hair. Even though its just slight, some of the hair has been misshaped or the paint hasn't been done identical. She has a pull string at the back, no other button activates sound. She has ALOT of hair in comparison to other Jessie doll's I've seen. The outfit is accurate, the cow print chaps on the front are glittery, which is a nice little touch, but mines for a boy and he thinks its just a bit too girly. It is quite rough, I don't think it will wipe off. The belt, boots, hands and head are plastic. The belt is soft plastic, the rest is quite hard. Her joints are done by stitches across the fabric, as is similar with a Woody Doll. Her boots do not come off and already have Andy written on the bottom of them. While it is impressive in many ways, its also really disappointing in others :
My main gripes with it are that 1. The hat is a really bendy plastic and it does not fit her head properly. I think it is an issue with the amount of hair she has. I don't dare take the plait out and try to remedy it. 2. The accent and voice is not that of Joan Cusack (who voices Jessie in the films). It is noticeably different, far more of a western accent than the original. 3. When I was in the Disney store, the amount of boxes damaged and the amount of dolls faces with marks on them suggests to me that they are probably thrown around a bit and as there is no plastic window on the outside they can get marked. I literally went through the stack and found the doll with the least amount of marks. Also many of them had their hair really messed up, because of how it is positioned in the box I think it bumps into things as often as the face does. 4. Sounds stupid - but I don't like Andy written on the bottom of her foot. My son writes his name on the characters foot, just like Andy did to the characters, and It is already there. The other shoe has manufacturers information. Some people might think its a nice touch, but I don't like it. 5. I wish there was a button - like with Woody how one of his buttons on his chest activates the sound. 6. The battery pack is impossibly placed and a pain to get out 7. She sits oddly on Bullseye, mainly because when the stitching was done on her legs the legs were turned inwards just so slightly (to me it looks like someone running along with a sewing machine where there was a lot of material and then fall towards the outside of the fabric in the crotch where the amount of fabric is significantly less) also when sitting her down, her legs naturally cross and as the legs are overpacked with stuffing you have to almost force her into that position as she naturally starts to straighten out again. 8. My biggest concern about Jessie is the rather cheap stitching on the arms at the shoulder. I can see myself having to repair this at some point.
Overall I am not impressed. I have seen 3 or 4 different makes of the Jessie doll - this is by far the least impressive, the least thought out and the least like the Jessie from the films. My son likes it, but does get annoyed that Jessie cannot ride Bullseye like Woody or Buzz and the hat annoys him. Overall my son enjoys her, but if I were to do it again, I would buy one that was slightly more money, but more like Jessie. Perhaps my review is a bit biased considering I have seen loads of variations of Jessie, nevertheless I wouldn't buy this one again. If my son didn't like it to be honest I would have considered returning it, but if he's happy, then I'm okay with it.
Also - in case you were wondering - Jessie says the following -
"Yeehaw Cowgirl Jessie Saves the Day"
"I think theres trouble round about the old abandoned mine"
"Ill Call for help"
"Yodel - a - he - hoo"
"Howdy I'm Jessie, Sure is Nice to Meetcha"
"I'm a Member of the Woody's Roundup Gang"
"I think you'd make a tremendous addition to the roundup gang"
"Waaaahoo"
"Sweet Mother of Abraham Lincoln"
"I like ridin, and ropin and yodelin and sling slot shootin"
"Blast em to smitherines, bet there's dynamite"
"Hey Partner, Could you check and see if my hats on straight?"
"We're just the best of friends"
"C'mon Critters, we've got to save the day"
"Whooooowhee"
"I got a powerful hankerin to let loose and yodel"
"Yodel-a-he-hoo"

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased with item, 27 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Disney Toy Story Talking Jessie Pull String Doll (Toy)
Item was well packaged and arrived exactly as described, very pleased with item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Disney Toy Story Talking Jessie Pull String Doll (Toy)
Excellent tried and tested and I'm sure it will be a much loved present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Disney Toy Story Talking Jessie Pull String Doll (Toy)
very happy with this purchase. received quickly too

5.0 out of 5 stars and delivery service was excellent, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Disney Toy Story Talking Jessie Pull String Doll (Toy)
Fab doll, and delivery service was excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 27 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Disney Toy Story Talking Jessie Pull String Doll (Toy)
My grandson loved this was a bit over priced

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Disney Toy Story Talking Jessie Pull String Doll (Toy)
Perfect for children that love toy story

5.0 out of 5 stars This is for a Christmas gift for my grand-daughter, ..., 2 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Disney Toy Story Talking Jessie Pull String Doll (Toy)
This is for a Christmas gift for my grand-daughter, haven't removed it from its packaging, all looks Ok Christmas day will be when I
can give a proper opinion