5.0 out of 5 stars The Rat Pack at their best
Frank,Dean, Sammy and Bing all shone in this fantastical musical, they really showed on screen what great entertainers they were, the kind of people who we need today in cinema.
Published on 24 Jan. 2004 by Rob

1.0 out of 5 stars a kind of robin and the 7 hoods!
I owned the vhs version,which i love.it ran for 118 minutes.therefore i was so infuriated when i purchased this dvd version in a boxset,which i must say is a hacked up version at 101 minutes.i just bought the region 1 which lasts for 123 minutes.warner brothers why do u do this?!!!!!!!!.region 1 in the post,region 2 in the bin!!!.:-)
Published 15 months ago by simon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rat Pack at their best, 24 Jan. 2004
The story about gangsters, gambling and the Rat pack ,was genius. I enjoyed secenes such as the transformation of Robbo's casino to a revival meeting,where Guy Gisbourne (Peter Falk) gets mugged, the pool match between Frank and Dean and Sammy wrecking Gisbourne's casino with his machine gun.Quotes said in the film, "I think somethin's wrong with his throat" and "I wonder where he's going? Well, wherever it is, he's in for a big surprise when he gets back." were priceless. Loads of entertaing songs were packed into this glittering film, such as Sammy's "No one gets a kick out of bang bang like me.", Crosby's "Don't be a do badder." and Frank and Dean's "Got or you haven't got style."
Overall i thoroughly enjoyed this film, i don't usually watch musicals but Robin and the seven hoods was brilliant, i would watch it over and over. With lots of humourous gags, famous actors, plenty of catchy tunes this film was definatley the best musical for me and the Rat pack.
I urge people to go buy this film becuase you will miss out on all the fun of watching the Rat Pack on screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a great film, 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Robin And The 7 Hoods [1964] (DVD)
I saw this when it came out. I was working as a cinema projectionist and I loved the film and the music, I was about 15 or 16 at the time. I couldn't remember it's name, then just before Christmas, I was browsing this type of film on Amazon and stumbled on it. My wife bought it for me a s a persent. We both enjoyed it a lot. It's a good time film and doesn't take itself too seriously. It has (to me) aged very well, Worth buying, I'll watch it many times now.

Gordon

1.0 out of 5 stars a kind of robin and the 7 hoods!, 3 Jan. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ratpack at it's best, 24 April 2013
ED Farr (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Robin And The 7 Hoods [1964] (DVD)
A great feel good film. Set in New York at the time of prohibition, Frank Sinatra is Robbo, the leader of one of the rival New York gangs. The film becomes a back drop to a plotline that contains brilliant songs, a good storyline and general all round family entertainment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peter Falk, 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Robin And The 7 Hoods [1964] (DVD)
I am collecting movies with Peter Falk in them. After reading his book, it made me appreciate what he had to do to become Columbo.

This was just one film that was mentioned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Sammy Davis, 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Robin And The 7 Hoods [1964] (DVD)
Love the music. Parts very funny. Sammy and Frank Sinatra together = bliss. Recommend it to anyone who likes a good musical

5.0 out of 5 stars Robin and the 7 hoods, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Robin And The 7 Hoods [1964] (DVD)
I had seen this film many years ago with my mom and dad. Really good film with the rat pack. Well worth watching.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Film, 15 Aug. 2013
Have loved this film from many years ago, so pleased I was able to purchase it at a very reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was hoping for!!, 22 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Robin And The 7 Hoods [1964] (DVD)
This was a present for my dad and he loved it, seller was excellent to deal with. Very happy shopping experience from amazon once again!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 27 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Robin And The 7 Hoods [1964] (DVD)
.This was a long time ago and it was a gift but I am sure the recipient loved it. It arrived very quickly and I was very pleased.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Robin And The Seven Hoods [VHS]
Robin And The Seven Hoods [VHS] by Gordon Douglas (VHS Tape)