5.0 out of 5 stars Fascimile of the first William book printed in 1922 - a children's classic
This hardcover book is a facsimile of the first ever 'William' book. The books 5.5" x 6.5" x 1", and well bound, but not with the little pretty cotton coloured binding, just glue & paper. All the original illustrations are present. Text size is large - I don't need glasses to read the stories to my son (9). I won't bore you with reviews of these first William stories, any...
Published on 10 Nov 2006 by Keith_Joseph

3.0 out of 5 stars An Enjoyable Opener To The Series
`Just William', though I am sure most people have read it already, is a collection of tales about William Brown a rather scruffy and outdoorsy eleven year old who very much lives in the world of make believe of Indians and pirates and who sees every day as an adventure, much to the annoyance of his family and the local people he lives near by. That is except for the other...
Published on 27 Dec 2010 by Simon Savidge Reads

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stories - pity about the illustrations, 11 April 2012
This review is from: Just William (Hardcover)
My wife likes the tv version of William, so I bought the book for her; I remember Mr Brown as a lot more grumpy (and looking older) than the one on tv.
Enjoyed reading the stories again after more than fifty years - but the illustrations are so badly reproduced - dark, blotchy and nowhere near as sharp and clear as those I remember!

5.0 out of 5 stars I find myself laughing out loud in places - a great escape from the stresses of modern life, 8 Sep 2014
This review is from: Just William (Hardcover)
Really enjoying catching up with the original stories of William that I never got to read or listen to as a child - perhaps I appreciate them more now I'm older! I find myself laughing out loud in places - a great escape from the stresses of modern life!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Book but Not thePicture., 2 Sep 2014
This review is from: Just William: 90th Anniversary Edition: 90th Annivesary Edition (Kindle Edition)
I love the book,but the picture shown above looks nothing like William on the original book jackets,to me it looks more like his older brother Robert would have looked at Williams age.........

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Enjoyable, 16 Sep 2014
A. E. Fincham - See all my reviews
Really enjoying these stories. Never read them when I was younger; now 50 years on making up for lost time.

2.0 out of 5 stars I read this a child., 30 Dec 2013
D. Macintyre (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just William (Hardcover)
I think I must have matured (a bit) since then ! I am sure it will be ok for a youngster, it was a mistake on my part harking back to days of yore !

1.0 out of 5 stars like all books about William, 26 Sep 2014
This review is from: Just William (Hardcover)
Just splendid, like all books about William.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Oct 2014
It still makes me laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny and Nostalgic, 13 April 2013
I was really looking for the Jennings & Darbishire books written by the same author but these do not seem to be available on the kindle. William is a lesser subject, yet, this book is still funny and nostalgic of the days of my youth. The situations and environment for William is a good interpretation of the mind of young boys at that time in history. The views and attitudes of adults take second place and are accurately portrayed through the mind of boyish considerations. This read comes highly recommended to young old and old alike. Youngsters will get an insight in a time when growing up held its own excitement for a developing mind rather than be forced to succumb to the modern day pressure to grow up quick and mentally conform. Older readers will find it nostalgic bring back fond memories. Most will find it very funny and a excellent good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not gfot it, 29 April 2012
I have not bought this book. I would probabaly love it, but if I buy in future I will reveiw it then. Please check your records