Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 3 October 2008
Very disappointed with this book... In fact I threw it away four fifths of the way through after finally giving up. Angel Stations is one of my favorite SciFi books of all time, its original, well written and the characters engaging and well developed. By contrast Stealing Light is poorly written derivative trash. The plot is a rehash of ideas that have been written many times before (David Brin anyone?) and the characters are very superficial, unbelievable and I found myself feeling no empathy whatsoever.
Go buy the new Ian M Banks book instead...
on 23 April 2015
The book was not in the best condition, but admittedly it was cheap and it's one I'd been trying to get hold of for ages, so shouldn't be complaining too much.
on 4 October 2008
Painfully badly written and the plot has more holes that the proverbial.

I struggled through it as I was told "it starts out badly but gets better stick with it", well it started out badly alright and just got worse. There was the odd glimmer of hope with some interesting ideas early on but it was all just too hokey for words. The `plot twists` are so heavy handed it's embarrassing and the characters are unforgivably juvenile.

I can't believe people are comparing it to Reynolds or Hamiltons work! Not even close.
on 22 June 2014
It's an interesting book but swaps back and forth in it's timeline and locations for me to keep up and i ended up having to put the book down.
on 3 May 2014
This is the first book by Gary Gibson I've read an d I'll definitley spend the time reading the others he's written.
on 25 March 2013
Bought this on a whim and found it different enough to keep me reading. Just downloading the next book excellent
on 1 March 2015
a good example of hard sf / space opera.
on 15 December 2007
I've just finished this book and I can't say I was that impressed. The basic plot is sound but the story never really gets going. It just bumbles along in its own way, finally running out of enthusiasm, much like this reader, and stops. I know decent ending are hard to write, but please, try. After all, its what an author gets paid for! Certainly not the worst book I have read recently but not exactly a stunning work of literature either. Must try harder.
on 23 November 2015
Really good ideas and well written
on 24 May 2013
Well, nearly.
This book cost me 1 penny!
It is a hardback in perfect condition, arrived promptly and for a small carriage charge.
All I can think is that the sellar either had a streak of human kindness as wide as the Atlantic Ocean...
... or he just got divorced and his wife got hold of his computer!