Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.49

on 10 November 2012
Have read all three books of this series so far, and found them a real brilliant read. Have just downloaded the 4th one onto my Kindle, and am looking forward to reading it.
I know that they are firstly aimed at the younger reader, but as far as I am concerned age does not matter when you follow a particular author, and in my own personal library
I have all of J.P's books. Of all the ones I have read so far, I have enjoyed every single one. His writing is brilliant, and once you have opened the book, and read the first couple
of pages, the rest turn themselves almost by magic.
I have given the first 3 of this series in hardback, to my grandson, and he has enjoyed them the same as I did.
I am going to download them onto my Kindle, so that I can read and enjoy them again.
The same also goes for the Witch and Wizard series, and also the Maximum Ride series. Again have read them all in hardback, and passed them to my Grandson.
As with the Daniel X series and Witch and Wizard, will also download these onto my KIndle to read again.
I enjoy these books for what they are: fast paced, easy to read stories about an alien hunter and his friends. The writing style or plot is never going to be awarded as a great literary accomplishment, but they're good for a couple of hours entertainment.

In this second installment, Dan X has to track down Number Five - an alien determined to get rid of him. With the help of his imaginary friends (bit strange, I know), Dan tries to stop the alien from killing him and broadcasting it live on TV. The plot is good enough, but I would have liked it to have had a bit more depth, like the Maximum Ride series. I like the way Dan talks to the reader, as if he's addressing them personally, because it makes it almost like a diary entry. I also like the descriptions of disgusting alien lifeforms - James Patterson certainly has a good imagination for that kind of stuff.

The cover of Watch the Skies is really nice, and is one of the best artwork covers I've seen for a while. It captures the action of the book, and succeeds in catching the reader's eye. Overall, this book was a fun read, and I'll definitely be back for book three. I just can't resist!

2.5/5
on 10 July 2013
bought itto continue my reading of the Daniel x series as the price of the book was reasonable I decide to get it now I cn read the series without haven't to wait for the next one to come
on 22 March 2010
Daniel X another book from the pen of James Patterson in a series which keeps you looking out for the next installment.
on 9 January 2013
i love reading james patterson books, they are a great read, that i can go back to time and time again
on 3 April 2010
Although I do not like this type of book I did enjoy it very fast moving from beginning to end.
on 24 October 2015
If you are a James Patterson fan like me, you will find this book a great read. I brought the 3rd and 4th instalment of the Daniel X series straight after reading this book, I could not wait to bury my head into demons and druids.
on 4 February 2016
Great read for teens.
on 9 July 2009
As always a brilliant read, finished it in a day as I just couldnt put the book down once I had started.
on 21 March 2013
I give this book 5 stars because it's awesome in every way and has lots of adventure and suspense just like the all the books in the series. It's manga version is also just as amazing. This book is for anyone who likes adventure and thriller books as it's written by no.1 thriller writer James Patterson. Basically all you have to do is by and enjoy whilst the pages turn themselves. You won't get enough of it.