5.0 out of 5 stars Backpack for life!, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Osprey Farpoint 55 - (Sports)
This is the most amazing backpack I've ever bought. Made my life so much easier when backpacking through SE Asia earlier this year. It seems that Osprey thought of everything with this one, I mean everything. Quality is top notch, very spacious, strong zippers, fully adjustable and the day pack is a big plus. I could not think of my next backpacking holiday without this piece of equipment. Thank you Osprey!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best backpack for backpacking travellers, 14 April 2015
This review is from: Osprey Farpoint 55 - (Misc.)
I chose this over the larger 70 model because I did not want to have a bigger/heavier bag to lug around. I am only 5'0 tall so larger bags would be too big for me. I travelled 3 months with this bag and it is perfect.
- Zippable & lockable main compartent & back harness reduces stress at airport check-ins (some airports/airlines insist the back harness straps are out of the way)
- Lightweight material does not add unnecessary weight
- Just enough space for basic necessities without over-packing
- Flexible/stretchy material just when you think it is not possible to squeeze in yet another piece of clothing!
- Daypack is very spacious and is where I put my valuables and carry it at the front
- Bag is durable but yet not too luxurious (as compared to models like Wayfarer) so it made it less heart-breaking when the bag is thrown around by third parties (think crammed public transportation in 3rd world countries) or when having to put bag on dirty/dusty surfaces
- Best of all, other travellers I met were envious of this bag due to all the abovementioned points !!

5.0 out of 5 stars i bought this for my gf because we are off travelling and this is in my opinion the best brand of backpack, 14 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Osprey Farpoint 55 - (Sports)
had the far point 75 for 2 years now and it has been bashed around, i bought this for my gf because we are off travelling and this is in my opinion the best brand of backpack. plus it has a day pack which not many womens backpacks do.
It is a unisex bag but if you are a extra small female maybe not for you

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Osprey Farpoint 55 - (Misc.)
I took this with me around South East Asia for several months and it was perfect. 55L is not too big, and not too small. 40L is pointless unless you're a very light packer and planning to use low budget western airlines with strict restrictions (most cheap Eastern airlines include hold baggage with the ticket).

It's comfortable, easy to get to everything and very robust. The detachable bag is a great size also and it's all easily adjustable. The appearance is of high quality.

What else is there to say? It's a great choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will love this backpack, 28 Nov. 2014
Kyle Welsby (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I have been traveling with this backpack for nearly 5 months now and I could not be any happier with the integrity of this product.

The backpack is very sturdy and can take a beating and show no signs of giving up. It has been on planes, trains, busses, jeeps, and tuk tuk's and I have full confedence the bad and its contents will be intact and secure.

The backpack sits comfortabley, and when filled weights about 16KG in total.

The main compartment has a thick sturdy zip with a lock hole for a backpack padlock of your choice.

The external backpack is large enough to carry my Mac Bock Pro, unfortinately I pack the main full it bouldges and will not comfortably affix with daypack.
It is not a problem as the daysack has dedicated clips to attach on the front, taking the weight through the backpack instead of your shoulders.

The only sign of ware would be the daypack which gets a beating from my laptop, but nothing too major.

Both packpacks come with rescue whistles on the breast clip.

This back pack will make you a pro traveller with its perfect size and weight. I love this backpack and enjoy having the space limitation that forces a comfortable travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really quick delivery and fantastic backpack., 5 Nov. 2013
Great choice!

I am absolutely happy with my purchase. The quality of this backpack is very good and the wear comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Osprey Farpoint 55 - (Sports)
Bag does everything I expected from it, delivery was fast and in perfect condition, price was very reasonable for an item that seems very durable and well made. Happy with my purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars just what i was looking for, 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Osprey Farpoint 55 - (Sports)
A great 55l backpack. Really good compression straps and the hideaway rucksack is great too. I would recommend it too anyone who needs a rucksac that can be easily packed for air travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you can pack well then read review (and like it please😉), 23 April 2015
This review is from: Osprey Farpoint 55 - (Sports)
Exactly what it says it is. Nice size for short travel trip. Perfect size for 1 weather country. 40 litre can be attached to 15 litre with locks (for plane, train and coach travel) to ensure nobody light fingers (nicks) it!! Also 15 litre is a good size for day pack on its own. Good quality comfortable well padded straps. Strong zips, well made cover that covers strap area when placed in hold-all. Unzips open like a suitcase for easy access to contents from the side. No need to rummage through a top hole. I've bought medium size packing bags to go inside and they fit perfectly.
A very quick delivery and packaged as good as it gets. Thanks Nomad xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Oct. 2014