on 9 December 2015
I use this all the time for my little boy and can already see an improvement in his general health. Yes he still gets colds but he's able to function as normal and be at school. Couldn't ask for more.
on 21 May 2015
I highly recommend this for all kids who catch viruses like fleas. You parents will be relieved to give them something other then anti fever stuff and antibiotics. It won't solve all your problems but it can ease the symptoms and prevent some of the others. Worth the money :)
on 12 May 2016
I have given this to my daughter fairly regularly over the autumn /winter. I know it's not scientifically accurate research but she does tend to get fewer colds and shakes them off much faster than other kids her age. It's not a magic wand but I do rely on it to give her a little boost. Plus I use it occasionally when she wants calpol but it is totally unnecessary - this is accepted as "medicine" and everyone can relax. The price of this on amazon seems to jump wildly, but is still cheaper than elsewhere.
on 1 May 2012
I totally disagree with the previous (negative) review about this product! Of course it can't stop your child from picking up all the bugs going around! Sambucol is intended to boost the immune system, and with a stronger immune system your child will be better able to fight the bugs off when they get them.
Needless to say I will never know for sure whether Sambucol has made a difference, but since having it daily (with a higher dose over winter months) my child never seems to get very ill with anything.
It's definitely worth a try ...
on 4 December 2014
Ignoring the glucose syrup that they 'had' to put in this I think this is a great product. My child suffers from coughs that can last weeks. After several trips to the doctors where they said there was nothing they can do I was recommended this in a health food shop. The woman suggested the cough could be from an infection and the immune system may just need a boost. This always sorts out his coughs, I give him it mainly through the winter but also at the first sign of a cough. I don't like the taste but my son does, even asks for more!
on 30 September 2015
I use this all the time when my kids have a cold or are feeling under the weather to boost their immune system and get rid of whatever bug they have. It also tastes great so they ask for more all the time compared to the sugar free calpol which I have to bribe them to drink!
on 17 May 2016
One of my daughters has huge medical need and often catches viruses. Since giving her this twice a day she has been the healthiest she has ever been. The amount and severity of viruses she gets has decreased hugely. I give her this as well as a multivitamin. It tastes nice and is well worth the money.
on 19 February 2015
very good, I wanted to boost my childrens immunity with the annual chicken/swine flu scaremongering we get. However this has not been a waste, my children have not had one bug or cold since taking it and we have been having it for a long time now. The taste is good and it's quite pleasant ,syrupy really. I will be buying this all of the time on subscribe and save.
on 31 January 2015
Love these brought my some loves this and takes it willingly. It's great to know he's getting the huge benefits of black elderberry and the add vitamin C is great.
I take the adult immuno forte one which is lovely too. Just with they weren't so pricey or had bigger bottles. I will often get them from boots on a 3 for 2 unless mason have them on offer.
on 11 September 2015
I just received kids sambucol this week and as instrumented on box I gave a teaspoon to my two year old niece.So far so good but time will tell as we progress through this cold weather for autumn and winter.