on 15 January 2011
It may be surprising how much you will use this stand until you actually own one. I received it as Apple generously wanted to give me something extra for the delay in the delivery of my iPad so this was a snap decision.

The stand is well designed and well constructed but as it's a bit on the heavy side it's unlikely to be a regular travel mate for the iPad.

I use the stand to hold the iPad in 3 positions:

(1) VERTICAL - for reading newspapers & books, digital picture frame, and listening to the BBC iPlayer radio
(2) HORIZONTAL - l for watching web TV, BBC iPlayer TV and using the HD digital clock
(3) FLAT & ANGLED - for typing documents

The stand is great as a holding and charging place for the iPad

If I hadn't been given this item for free I would still buy it!
on 11 January 2012
Nice design, very solid and well built. You can navigate the touch screen without any shake. The biggest problem with it is the viewing angle; there is just two, one for typing and one for viewing -The viewing one is very steep which is perfect for navigating sites and watching movies but not as good for reading books and newspapers. It works but I have this urge to tip it over a little - maybe the next version will have more angles available which would make it a five star product.
on 20 May 2012
A stylish and very practical iPad stand. Does a perfect job whilst looking good.

* Looks good.

* Very sturdy and well made.

* Takes iPad with a fairly bulky cover (I use KAVAJ leather case cover "Berlin" for the new Apple iPad (3rd generation) iPad 3 cognac brown - genuine leather with stand-up feature).

What more can you say about something that works well and looks good?
on 16 November 2010
I like this stand, although its a little expensive. Its solid and well made and perfect for the purpose. Allows the iPad to be placed in any 90 degree orientation with enough space for the charging/dock connector. It sits on my desk and allows me to grab the iPad quckly and begin using it without any tedious holding down of a dock - I have a long cable that gives me the freedom of movement. Also worth mentioning that I have the Apple book cover on the iPad and the stand copes with it just fine, even with the front cover folded back so I can see the screen it still sits securely. The product did come a little scuffed and I can't spare the time to go through the hassle of sending it back - hence 4 stars, not 5.
on 21 April 2012
I was given an A frame for Christmas and what a great peice of kit it is. It is strong and robust made mostly of aluminium and sits on my bedside table, so I can read, with it ,watch a film, or type, and also acts as my alam clock.I think for any ipad user it is a must.
on 22 June 2012
I use my IPad for business and regularly display my work on it and use it to run presentations and to type. Until now I have tried and failed to find a stand that would give me confidence that it wouldn't fall over.
The Griffin stand is quite heavy and very sturdy, the IPad therefore remains rock steady whether stood up in portrait or landscape and also when laid almost flat for typing.
The stand has a well thought out design allowing the IPad to remain plugged in to a sync cable and all contact points have substantial rubber feet and inserts to avoid scratching the tablet or the table top.
Because it is so sold and heavy the stand is not the most portable device and the base, where the Griffin symbol is displayed, is very deep.
If you use your IPad for anything more than viewing videos then this is the best stand to give you peace of mind and security, very pleased I chose it.
on 10 April 2012
THIS IS A REALLY STRONG STAND,MADE OF ALUMINIUM AND RUBBER FOR THE IPAD TO REST ON,THIS IS VERY GOOD AND PREVENTS THE IPAD FROM GETTING SCRATCHED.THE ONLY THING THAT COULD BE IMPROVED IS THAT THE STAND SHOULD BE ABLE TO TILT FURTHER BACK,I FIND THE IPAD IS STANDING A LITTLE MORE VERTICAL THAN I WOULD HAVE LIKED,BUT I AM GETTING USED TO IT A BIT NOW.
on 20 November 2014
Am looking for an iPad stand but will definitely not be purchasing this one, the Griffin GC16036, as there appears to be something very odd about the pricing in the UK. The present price on Amazon UK is £33, but on Amazon Canada, the same stand is priced at just over £16, and on Amazon US it is just over £12. The difference is absolutely ridiculous.
on 17 April 2014
The Griffin product is excellent, but some sellers are advertising a product as the Griffin A-Frame then sending out a substandard copy.

I suspect this item is discontinued, so instead take a look at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Griffin-DS-Stand-for-Tablet/dp/B004FPS70Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397742695&sr=8-2&keywords=griffin+ds+tablet which is the replacement model.

I have both, and they work fine. It's the seller that's suspect.
on 12 June 2013
I ordered this iPad stand for a specific event and it arrived quickly and on time. I paid above the price for other stands on Amazon, but the Griffin is well worth it - sturdy, solid, so you can touch the screen without wobble, hold the iPad easily but firmly even in its neoprene case, elegant in brushed silver metal, good looking and good for the iPad placed horizontally or vertically; it opens and folds simply and efficiently for carrying and storage. Highly recommended.