Top critical review
2 people found this helpful
Hmmm, I can say DECENT or a little bit more than that..
on 5 July 2010
Ok for starters I'm a HUGE Xtina fan but, this is no Stripped!
I bought this the day it came out... I think the problem with this album is the hype Christina created before this... the whole ''Futuristic album'' didn't really work out (apparently) and they decided to turn this into a mainstream album and still... they didn't do much!!
01. Bionic: ok this absolutely great... great in every meaning of the word, its what the whole album could have been.
02. Not Myself Tonight: well, um, its good but not ''lead single from forthcoming album'' material! Could have served as a third or fourth single
03. WooHoo (Featuring Nicki Minaj): fantastic!! i love it (though the intro is a bit pointless and boring) its so catchy it just makes you sing along and dance silly! Could ahve been second single if promoted right...!
04. Elastic Love: hmmm sounds like a M.I.A. song (its produced by M.I.A.) only with Christina's vocals... its not great, its just ok!
05. Desnudate: its good fun song but it gets a little repetitive. I prefer the fan-made version with Pitbull... its always a plus to hear Xtina singing in Spanish.
06. Love And Glamour (Interlude)
07. Glam: It's good, its a ''Vogue'' could-have-been, only a little less fabulous. Not my favorite but I don't mind it
08. Prima Donna: ha! my personal favorite... its the same attitude song as Rihanna's ''Rockstar 101'', it features Lil' Jon-type vocals and its everywhere credited as ''featuring Lil' Jon'' even though it doesn't haha!
09. Morning Dessert (Interlude)
10. Sex For Breakfast: just, REALLY not that good
11. Lift Me Up: aaah, simply fantastic, tear-jerking ballad. Christina at her best! It may sound like ''Hurt'' Part 2 but it really is more than that
12. My Heart (Interlude)
13. All I Need: another nice ballad, not her best but has great lyrics
14. I Am: ooh, Christina's self-descriptive song, cute, nice but just that
15. You Lost Me: There's not really a word to describe how good this is... An amazing song that includes whispery and shout-y vocals but they sound perfet. And the radio mix of this is even more amazing, giving it a little more beat for the radio. Hope it does well on the charts
16. I Hate Boys: pure fun! Not a masterpiece but you can listen to it and have fun. not from the ones I'd skip...
17. My Girls (Featuring Peaches): Hmm, this got me thinking... its not massive but not bad at all... its just ok, and Peaches gives it extra boost
18. Vanity: hahaha simply fan-f***ing-tastic! You can't help but smile or laugh at Christina's second self-descriptive song (but this one is pure fun), its a song that can do great if promoted right but not if they censor it (Christina swears like she hasn't swore before haha) one of the best!
BONUS DELUXE DISC
19. Monday Morning: different... should have been on the normal edition
20. Bobblehead: fun song, really catchy... you wanna sing-along
21. Birds of Prey: and we come to the greatest song Christina ever recorded... without exaggerating this song is a pure masterpiece... dark, with moody lyrics and great vocals. It should definitely be included in the normal edition
22. Stronger Than Ever: like ''Fighter'' Part 2, same passion, same attitude, same nerve. Its definitely Bionic's ''Fighter'' but its great on its own... and again should have been on the normal edition
23. I Am (Stripped): Better than the original
this album is just GOOD, its fun to listen to, its nowhere what could have been... still decent effort...