5.0 out of 5 stars Most underrated
Published 14 months ago by Adam Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, I can say DECENT or a little bit more than that..
Ok for starters I'm a HUGE Xtina fan but, this is no Stripped!

I bought this the day it came out... I think the problem with this album is the hype Christina created before this... the whole ''Futuristic album'' didn't really work out (apparently) and they decided to turn this into a mainstream album and still... they didn't do much!!

01. Bionic: ok...
Published on 5 July 2010 by N. Antoniou

5.0 out of 5 stars Most underrated, 22 Jun 2013
Adam Hall (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bionic [Deluxe Version] (Audio CD)
Most people had slated this return because of artistic direction and the risque nature of the lead single and accompanying music video, but what we actually have beneath the surface of the controversy is a genuinely strong album that is a pleasing experience. This album was actually very ahead of its time, has great dance tracks, strong vocals, touching ballads and a great undertone of self empowerement. This album I would have to place as my 2nd favourite Xtina album (just behind Stripped) and is among my favourite albums of all time. Really recommend actually trying every single track of the album and definitely worth a purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great album, 12 Nov 2012
This review is from: Bionic [Deluxe Version] (Audio CD)
I didn't buy this when it was released due to the negative reviews. I don't know why Christina got so much grief for this album as she did. Yes, she changed direction and did something different. But she did that with Back To Basics too. Working with Sia on this album to create a different sound, the music is great but I feel Christina's styling missed the mark. It felt like she was trying too hard so no one bothered to listen to the album. I think people should listen to this, especially the deluxe edition as the additional songs really add to it. It's loaded with dance sings and ballads and its a shame she didn't try harder to promote it. All in all, a great album from a great singer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simpy the best album EVER!, 13 May 2012
This review is from: Bionic [Deluxe Version] (Audio CD)
I own this album since it's release, and it's still my all time favorite!! Iv'e always been a huge Xtina fan and it dissapoints me that many other fans don't like the record. The album contains very catchy electronic songs and some stunning ballads. Stripped was amazing, and so is Bionic. A real Xtina classic. Shame that the record flopped, it's a masterpiece!! 5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Christina goes Gaga!, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Bionic [Deluxe Version] (Audio CD)
Aguilera's voice has been growing on me over the years and I firmly believe she is one of the finest vocalist of the last decade and her generation. I'm even confident that she will go on to do some great work in the future. Millions of X Factor wanabees the world over want a slice of the Aguilera pie but it's not that easy for she has the very voice they love but can never imitate and why, because she is too good a singer. Now with her late 90s pop starlet stuff long behind her, and the R 'N' B bombast of 'Stripped' which brought her international acclaim in the can along with the funk of 2006s soul-driven 'Back To Basics' she dares to go electronic with this 2010 album, and where is that? Well you could say it's into Lady Gaga territory. As a fan of Aguilera, electronic music, and Gaga herself I had to hear this out of sheer curiosity. I popped it in the machine (sounds robot!) and hit the play button. The first thing that struck me was the production which was bass heavy, with some great drum patterns and big fat analog sounding synths. Then the vocals, Aguilera tried a lot of new things here which has further broadened the scope of her great voice and overall the album kept me entertained with techno-dance songs and chill-out nu jazz-style ballads. It's a long album with 23 tracks in all (Deluxe edition, well worth it for the 5 extra tracks) but it definitely contains some of the best vocals she has done. The themes covered in the songs are nothing new, but pop has a built in recycle system anyway so it's the usual love, fashion, sex and money we have come to expect by now. If you like Christina Aguilera you may find this album is good but if you like Christina Aguilera and electronic pop music you may find this album is excellent. I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's so different, 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: Bionic [Deluxe Version] (Audio CD)
I like this album. It's really great work by Xtina. Much more intersting than her later album. And I couldn't understand why it had so bad sales. Hope to hear songs from this album someday in her tour... Yes, I'm waiting for her in tour.
And I like the cover of this Disk. It's so unusual!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahead of its time, 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: Bionic [Deluxe Version] (Audio CD)
Christina Aguilera's long-waited 4th studio album was hyped a lot since the day her collaborators were announced. Ladytron, M.I.A., Sia, Linda Perry, Claude Kelly, Nicki Minaj, Peaches, Tricky, Ester Dean among others.. a wonderful bunch of talented artists in one disc. Do you want indie music? You got it. Do you want contemporary dance music? You got it too. Do you want some electro music? Got it. What about ballads? Definitely! Besides, she's the queen of ballads. In my opinion, the ballads of this album are the heart of "Bionic". You gotta listen to "All I Need", the underrated "You Lost Me", the electro "Lift Me Up", "I Am" and "Stronger than Ever". Her voice is so awesome!
I only didn't like a couple of the electro dance songs (see Prima Donna, Desnudate) they were generic.

The standout tracks are: the provocative lead single "Not Myself Tonight" which is hot and the beat is crazy, "Birds of Prey" the Ladytron song, "Monday Morning" where Gwen Stefani meets Madonna, "Woohoo" the collaboration with the talented newcomer Nicki Minaj, "I Am" and of course "You Lost Me".

This is the best pop album of 2010 which is terribly underrated.

PS: The booklet is fantastic. Well done to the guy who made the special artwork too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not best, 11 Nov 2010
Daniel Radu - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bionic [Deluxe Version] (Audio CD)
I mean I would definitely buy an album by Christina because I am a fan...but if you are not a fan...it doesn' worth it...
A good album but not one of the Aguilera finest...

5.0 out of 5 stars Christina Aguilera album come at the wrong time, 26 Jun 2010
This review is from: Bionic [Deluxe Version] (Audio CD)
i am a very big Christina aguilera fan and had looked forward to the album being released. when i got the album i was shocked at how she had grown as a woman and is looking for another way to divulge people who love her. she has some very good songs on the album and is a must for any big christina aguilera fan .

on the downside for people who are older may not like the new style of her music as it maybe to upbeat and may not appeal to them a must buy for aguilera fans but not to buy if you have only just started listening to her

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, I can say DECENT or a little bit more than that.., 5 July 2010
This review is from: Bionic [Deluxe Version] (Audio CD)
Ok for starters I'm a HUGE Xtina fan but, this is no Stripped!

01. Bionic: ok this absolutely great... great in every meaning of the word, its what the whole album could have been.
02. Not Myself Tonight: well, um, its good but not ''lead single from forthcoming album'' material! Could have served as a third or fourth single
03. WooHoo (Featuring Nicki Minaj): fantastic!! i love it (though the intro is a bit pointless and boring) its so catchy it just makes you sing along and dance silly! Could ahve been second single if promoted right...!
04. Elastic Love: hmmm sounds like a M.I.A. song (its produced by M.I.A.) only with Christina's vocals... its not great, its just ok!
05. Desnudate: its good fun song but it gets a little repetitive. I prefer the fan-made version with Pitbull... its always a plus to hear Xtina singing in Spanish.
06. Love And Glamour (Interlude)
07. Glam: It's good, its a ''Vogue'' could-have-been, only a little less fabulous. Not my favorite but I don't mind it
08. Prima Donna: ha! my personal favorite... its the same attitude song as Rihanna's ''Rockstar 101'', it features Lil' Jon-type vocals and its everywhere credited as ''featuring Lil' Jon'' even though it doesn't haha!
09. Morning Dessert (Interlude)
10. Sex For Breakfast: just, REALLY not that good
11. Lift Me Up: aaah, simply fantastic, tear-jerking ballad. Christina at her best! It may sound like ''Hurt'' Part 2 but it really is more than that
12. My Heart (Interlude)
13. All I Need: another nice ballad, not her best but has great lyrics
14. I Am: ooh, Christina's self-descriptive song, cute, nice but just that
15. You Lost Me: There's not really a word to describe how good this is... An amazing song that includes whispery and shout-y vocals but they sound perfet. And the radio mix of this is even more amazing, giving it a little more beat for the radio. Hope it does well on the charts
16. I Hate Boys: pure fun! Not a masterpiece but you can listen to it and have fun. not from the ones I'd skip...
17. My Girls (Featuring Peaches): Hmm, this got me thinking... its not massive but not bad at all... its just ok, and Peaches gives it extra boost
18. Vanity: hahaha simply fan-f***ing-tastic! You can't help but smile or laugh at Christina's second self-descriptive song (but this one is pure fun), its a song that can do great if promoted right but not if they censor it (Christina swears like she hasn't swore before haha) one of the best!

BONUS DELUXE DISC
19. Monday Morning: different... should have been on the normal edition
20. Bobblehead: fun song, really catchy... you wanna sing-along
21. Birds of Prey: and we come to the greatest song Christina ever recorded... without exaggerating this song is a pure masterpiece... dark, with moody lyrics and great vocals. It should definitely be included in the normal edition
22. Stronger Than Ever: like ''Fighter'' Part 2, same passion, same attitude, same nerve. Its definitely Bionic's ''Fighter'' but its great on its own... and again should have been on the normal edition
23. I Am (Stripped): Better than the original

this album is just GOOD, its fun to listen to, its nowhere what could have been... still decent effort...

2.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of an incredible talent! Stay clear!, 27 Nov 2011
This review is from: Bionic [Deluxe Version] (Audio CD)
Aguilera seems to apply every effort possible to ruin the magic of her voice. Well, she achieved her goal!

What has this to do with the beyond imagination masterpiece "back to basics", the great "Burlesque" and even the excellent "stripped" ?

Stay clear fron this disgrace of music and hope that she returns to music, given that her capabilities can only be compared with few of the greatest singers of all times.

Bionic [Deluxe Version]
Bionic [Deluxe Version] by Christina Aguilera (Audio CD)