on 25 November 2010
We chose these ones, as they looked the most obviously sensible, in conjunction with the EU rating. They arrived very quickly, which was good, as it's already sleet, hail and snow out there.

They slip and off your shoe very easily, just like pushing a large rubber band down and over the heel. Slightly tricky first time, but not difficult. The metal studs are much deeper and sharper than they look on the photo. No walking across linoleum in them.

It's a bit odd at first, like walking on football studs. But the positioning under the ball of the foot, and the heel, clearly works. I've just used them as I snow shovelled clear our drive and steps. With the ice and snow in a sludge around me. I felt so secure, I kept thinking "I mustn't need these ice grips!"

I'm truly no longer worried about breaking a leg, and they are very light and easily stuffed in a pocket when you get to the shops. Cannot recommend them more highly!
0Comment|363 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 December 2010
I have used these to pull a sled with two boys along an icy road (where I just fell over without them), and also today for a 10K run in the park in snow/ice. They work really well and give you confidence on icy surfaces. They take a minute to put on as you have to really stretch them, but they are really quick to pop off when you get to the tarmac (which you will need to do, else you will wear them out)
Worth the money to stop worrying about falling over and hurting yourself in icy conditions.
0Comment|109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2011
I bought these for my dad to stop him slipping in the icy weather because he refuses to stay indoors (parents can be so frustrating...)
The Ice Runners are very good quality in comparison with some of the other different makes that we bought to try. They fit snugly on his boots and didn't slip off. He's a size 9 shoe and I bought the large size.
He's only had to use them once since we didn't receive them until after the worst of the weather. He said he had to walk on the grass instead of the pavement because the black ice wasn't deep enough for the studs to grip into but he feels sure they will be excellent in snow or compacted ice.
Okay, It's not icy here yet but. . .I've taken prompt delivery of my ice grippers and have had a good look at them. I am in a size 7 and I ordered these to fit to walking/hiking boots specifically. I ordered the XL option which is the next size up from what is recommended. They are very well made and feel unbreakable! The rubber shoe covering is very thick and strong when stretching over the shoe. You put the front section on first which goes over the toes and wraps around the front part of the shoe very snuggly. You then have to stretch the back section over the heel and up around the back of the shoe (I will uploaded a pic!). The fit is spot on in my opinion. The studs that grip onto the ice are really well made and attached solidly into the rubber sole. I cannot see them coming off! The studs are not pin sharp but well tough enough to penetrate the ice to grip into it! These things are brilliant as far as I can see and I will update this review once the snow/ice has hit us! They also fit my proper shoes as well so It's all good! The main thing is. . .get the next size up for a boot type shoe folks! Recommended. I will report back.

Update 19 Jan 2013. . .It's snowed here and is now ice underfoot. I've been using these to walk to work which is a few miles on and off road. The grips have proven themselves brilliant, no slips at all! I can't recommend them enough.
on 9 January 2011
I found this product difficult to fit to my shoes. The elastic/rubber is very stiff and you need to have fairly strong hands to be able to slip them over the shoes. Otherwise they work fine.
on 21 December 2010
Last year I slipped on the ice three times on our untreated footpaths during the bad spell of snow and ice. Hurt my head on one of those slips and after that promised myself I would get crampons in case the bad weather repeated itself again this year. Most of the crampons on offer looked anything but subtle so I ordered these. The postman handed them to me as it started snowing and of course I couldn't to try them out on my walk to the local pub down a long icy lane. They are amazing! I walk with complete confidence over ice and snow up and down hill. Real easy to get off when you arrive at your destination. Just pop the in the seal-able plastic supplied and put them in your pocket ready for the return trip. An absolute must have item.
on 30 December 2010
For the price these are a very useful and effective piece of kit. They grip well and make a heck of a difference walking around in icy conditions. My only little word of caution would be that you really must take them off when you are not on ice, which is what I have been doing. I notice that other people have commented on the studs breaking or wearing out. Having had them for a while now I would say that this is possibly due to people not scrupulously observing the "off the ice- take 'em off" rule.
on 25 December 2010
Product arrived ahead of schedule I bought two pairs, up to size 7 for my wife and 11+ for me, She loves my ones I could never get mine on in a million years and nor could she wear hers so not a total disaster, if anyone buys these get the largest size possible and you will be fine.
on 18 December 2010
Great very timely received the product. I shall recommend and say its does exactly what it says on the box. Very satisfied guys if you are looking for this particular range product i would suggest to go for it without reservations.
Best wishes
on 9 December 2010
It's a seriously good bit of kit for avoiding slips and falls on ice and snow. The pics don't really do justice to the purchase the metal studs have. You wouldn't want to walk indoors with them on, but in the weather we've been having or earlier this year, its just what I was looking for. They took a while to arrive, but I should have thought ahead and bought them before the weather turned and everyone else ordered them.