5.0 out of 5 stars Just What It Says On The Box
We chose these ones, as they looked the most obviously sensible, in conjunction with the EU rating. They arrived very quickly, which was good, as it's already sleet, hail and snow out there.

Published on 25 Nov 2010 by MorganGee

3.0 out of 5 stars pavement crampons
I bought these for my dad to stop him slipping in the icy weather because he refuses to stay indoors (parents can be so frustrating...)
The Ice Runners are very good quality in comparison with some of the other different makes that we bought to try. They fit snugly on his boots and didn't slip off. He's a size 9 shoe and I bought the large size.
He's only had to...
Published on 11 Jan 2011 by Val Turner

3.0 out of 5 stars pavement crampons, 11 Jan 2011
He's only had to use them once since we didn't receive them until after the worst of the weather. He said he had to walk on the grass instead of the pavement because the black ice wasn't deep enough for the studs to grip into but he feels sure they will be excellent in snow or compacted ice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What It Says On The Box, 25 Nov 2010
This review is from: "Ice Runner" (ActiveGrip) Superior Quality Ice Grippers for ice and snow (Apparel)

They slip and off your shoe very easily, just like pushing a large rubber band down and over the heel. Slightly tricky first time, but not difficult. The metal studs are much deeper and sharper than they look on the photo. No walking across linoleum in them.

It's a bit odd at first, like walking on football studs. But the positioning under the ball of the foot, and the heel, clearly works. I've just used them as I snow shovelled clear our drive and steps. With the ice and snow in a sludge around me. I felt so secure, I kept thinking "I mustn't need these ice grips!"

I'm truly no longer worried about breaking a leg, and they are very light and easily stuffed in a pocket when you get to the shops. Cannot recommend them more highly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for walking or running, 4 Dec 2010
I have used these to pull a sled with two boys along an icy road (where I just fell over without them), and also today for a 10K run in the park in snow/ice. They work really well and give you confidence on icy surfaces. They take a minute to put on as you have to really stretch them, but they are really quick to pop off when you get to the tarmac (which you will need to do, else you will wear them out)
Worth the money to stop worrying about falling over and hurting yourself in icy conditions.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fitting to shoe, 9 Jan 2011
I found this product difficult to fit to my shoes. The elastic/rubber is very stiff and you need to have fairly strong hands to be able to slip them over the shoes. Otherwise they work fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 21 Dec 2010
Last year I slipped on the ice three times on our untreated footpaths during the bad spell of snow and ice. Hurt my head on one of those slips and after that promised myself I would get crampons in case the bad weather repeated itself again this year. Most of the crampons on offer looked anything but subtle so I ordered these. The postman handed them to me as it started snowing and of course I couldn't to try them out on my walk to the local pub down a long icy lane. They are amazing! I walk with complete confidence over ice and snow up and down hill. Real easy to get off when you arrive at your destination. Just pop the in the seal-able plastic supplied and put them in your pocket ready for the return trip. An absolute must have item.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 18 Dec 2010
Great very timely received the product. I shall recommend and say its does exactly what it says on the box. Very satisfied guys if you are looking for this particular range product i would suggest to go for it without reservations.
Best wishes

4.0 out of 5 stars Ice Grippers, 25 Dec 2010
M. Dawson "bluesuede" (England) - See all my reviews
Product arrived ahead of schedule I bought two pairs, up to size 7 for my wife and 11+ for me, She loves my ones I could never get mine on in a million years and nor could she wear hers so not a total disaster, if anyone buys these get the largest size possible and you will be fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring on the ice!, 12 Dec 2011
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
Okay, It's not icy here yet but. . .I've taken prompt delivery of my ice grippers and have had a good look at them. I am in a size 7 and I ordered these to fit to walking/hiking boots specifically. I ordered the XL option which is the next size up from what is recommended. They are very well made and feel unbreakable! The rubber shoe covering is very thick and strong when stretching over the shoe. You put the front section on first which goes over the toes and wraps around the front part of the shoe very snuggly. You then have to stretch the back section over the heel and up around the back of the shoe (I will uploaded a pic!). The fit is spot on in my opinion. The studs that grip onto the ice are really well made and attached solidly into the rubber sole. I cannot see them coming off! The studs are not pin sharp but well tough enough to penetrate the ice to grip into it! These things are brilliant as far as I can see and I will update this review once the snow/ice has hit us! They also fit my proper shoes as well so It's all good! The main thing is. . .get the next size up for a boot type shoe folks! Recommended. I will report back.

Update 19 Jan 2013. . .It's snowed here and is now ice underfoot. I've been using these to walk to work which is a few miles on and off road. The grips have proven themselves brilliant, no slips at all! I can't recommend them enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very useful piece of kit, 30 Dec 2010
Atticus273 (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
For the price these are a very useful and effective piece of kit. They grip well and make a heck of a difference walking around in icy conditions. My only little word of caution would be that you really must take them off when you are not on ice, which is what I have been doing. I notice that other people have commented on the studs breaking or wearing out. Having had them for a while now I would say that this is possibly due to people not scrupulously observing the "off the ice- take 'em off" rule.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super spikes, 24 Dec 2010
I have had good opportunity to test these Ice Runners this winter; we have had packed ice on some pavements continuously for over a month now. Having worn them about 10 times, no spikes have come off. On my longest walk (about 1 hr) there was a tendency for one to twist inwards and need readjustment a few times; perhaps that's the way I walk! Not only have I not slipped, but I am sure my muscles are generally less tensed than when walking on ice without these. They are easy to take off, a little harder to put on, given that you are trying to avoid using them on wooden or carpeted floors. Take a plastic bag to put them in once you've taken them off. My boots are UK size 6 and the medium size fits these, it might perhaps fit size 7 but definitely not 8; it would be useful if Ice Runner stated the shoe sizes.