on 1 April 2011
I bought this for my 13 year old son who has suffered from moderate acne for several years. He has tried quite a few over the counter creams but none have made any difference, and some have actually blocked his pores and made the situation worse!! I didn't like the idea of taking him to the doctors as I've heard bad reviews about some of the medicine available for the treatment of acne. His confidence was extremely low and as someone who suffered from acne myself in my teens and twenties, I wanted to find something that would help without smearing his face with creams that make your skin sore or dry out. He had lots of blackheads across his forehead, around his mouth and on his cheeks, and lots of sore, red spots all over his face. After two weeks of using this twice a day (usually while watching tv, or while listening to music), he had no blackheads at all and all his spots were much, much smaller and less sore looking. After three weeks, his spots had almost gone and there were only a few new ones, but not as large or sore as before. He is now on week 4 and things are looking really good. He does still have a 3 or 4 spots, but this is a huge improvement on 30 plus! The few he has are healing quicker and are much smaller than before. His confidence is improving and even though his skin is not completely clear (although there is still plenty of time, the instructions say 12 weeks for best results), he now looks like most other 13 year old, with a couple of spots that aren't really very noticable. I know this isn't cheap, but I weighed up buying over the counter creams for maybe the next ten to 15 years (how long I had acne for), and decided that it was worth trying. I will update this after the 12 weeks is up with the results, but it is looking very positive. :)
0Comment|110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 November 2013
I developed acne in my early thirties, mainly on my lower facial cheeks, forehead and chin. My GP prescribed a solution which lasted 2 weeks and it worked while I used it but after that the acne was back. Acne is painful and for me, embarassing condition so when I searched the word 'acne' on Amazon I found the Lumie Clear. I read all the reviews first because it is expensive. I ordered it and it arrived a day later.

I tried it straightaway and each day for 15 mins on each side of my face. I started to notice a difference within a week. I had less redness and the spots were fading fast. After 2 weeks a spot started to appear on my left lower cheek but I carried on using the Lumie and within 3 days the spot was gone. Normally it would have ripened, hurt and spawned a few more to add to my misery!

I am on week 4 of the treatment and my skin is calmer and smoother. Another reviewer mentioned the moisturising effect after using the Lumie. I'm not sure how or why but my skin does feel softer and less tight after using the Lumie. I feel less need to use facial wash and sometimes use just plain water to wash my face.

If like me you have mild to moderate acne and nothing else seems to work, then it is definitely worth giving this little gem a go. Pricey but for me, priceless!

QUICK UPDATE, I am on month 2 so around 8 weeks of using my lumie and yesterday for the first time, I wore NO concealer on my acne scars! I had a spot forming on my upper lip a week or so ago and with the lumie it did not get to 'full peak'. A useful tip is to use the lumie after washing your face but before moisturising. Seems to work better.
on 15 July 2010
I have been using the Lumie Clear Device for my adult acne for 8 weeks. I am 38 and have suffered from mild - moderate acne since my mid 20's.
I have tried lots of things over the years such as retin a, proactiv, salicylic acid, birth control pills, various creams and lotions all with little of no effect (With the exception of Roaccutane which did completely clear up my skin, but gave me anxiety attacks for a further 3 years and made my hair really thin so I wouldnt risk taking them again.
Always the optimist and willing to try anything to improve my skin I signed up for a 12 week trial of the Lumie and boy am I glad that I did !!
My worst areas are my forehaed and right lower cheek/chin so have used the Lumie pressed right up against my skin on each of these areas for 15 mins daily. It has a timer and automatically switches off when the recommended time of 15 mins is over, which is good as Ive fallen asleep a few times with it resting on my forehead.
Lumie say that most people notice a difference in just 4 weeks with excellent results in 8-12 weeks. I noticed an improvement after 2 weeks of use - my skin was less red and spots were fading a lot quicker than normal. I did still get new spots (But no where near as many as normal) up until 6 weeks of use but the last couple of weeks I haven't had any new breakouts at all.

I have even been able to swap my make up from the heavy camouflage covermark foundadtion that I have worn for years to light coverage Bare Minerals powder foundation.

I can honestly say that I am over the moon with the results I have had from using Lumie Clear and hope that continuing to use it keeps the acne at bay.
33 comments|99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2016
I have been using this for 7 weeks and my skin is much easier to control from break-outs. I still get the occasional spot however they are much smaller and clear much quicker.
Using the machine is time consuming and there are days when I can't use it for as long as I should/ at all, however, it has still helped my skin a lot.
If your skin clears in the sun like mine I would recommend this product.
on 15 June 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Since my early 20s, and never before, I have suffered with terrible spells of acne. These spells have ranged from 10 large luminescent meteors distributed across my face to a complete (and I mean complete!) covering of tiny spots not only on my face, but also across my shoulders and neck.

In a bid to venture out in public again I have tried many strategies and products, all of which have failed. The high street `spot fighting' ranges seem to be weaker than TCP, and yet have the power to burn your eyes effectively. I have tried dermatologists, who do provide you with products that work...if you can afford the regular payments of £300. Surprisingly my strategy of walking around with a paper bag over my head did not appear to help much either when faced with those cunning and unpredictable lampposts!

After one such encounter with said lamppost, I decided I had nothing to lose in ordering this Lumie product. I am reluctant to say that it performs miracles...but it is quite impressive when after just 4 weeks my outbreaks have reduced and the redness of existing spots has diminished! By diminished I mean that if I use 2 different foundations they are nearly invisible to the eye...a HUGE improvement! More importantly is the reduction in outbreaks, as if you use this product correctly when you feel those slippery suckers surfacing...they don't actually appear, or if they do, they are miniature versions of themselves.

After 4 weeks this is impressive, and I can only hope that by the end of the 12 weeks by skin is finally clear again :)
on 20 January 2012
Before buying this item i read every review on this site about it, even googled the product to further my research. I done this because ever since high school iv began to see spots appearing on my skin. It started with a few on my face, then got a few on my back and shoulders. At first it didnt bother me that much because i could hide it behind make up and clothes but now at the age of 21 it started becoming a joke. I would never leave the house without make up nor even answer the door to my own home.
Living in a student house for 2 years and now in a 8 bedroom shared house with housemates, i would get up before anyone to plaster the make up on so i wouldnt be seen without it. Stupid i know!! .... My housemates thought i was just being vain, wanting to look perfect all the time but that wasnt the case at all.
I started buying so many products for clearer skin, yes it took the dirt and greese out my pores but it didnt stop them appearing.
So i thought with the amount i spend on these products over a long period of time and for the hope that one day they may work, i decided il splash out on this product.
Reading these reviews made my mind up that i wanted to buy this product so im going to be as truthful as possible.
ITS AMAZING!!! - Sorry couldnt resist.
Its been a week since i recieved this product and iv used it everyday, 15mins on each cheek, and its worked wonders. Truthfully, my skin wasnt extremely bad -i just hated having a few spots here and there. But they have cleared them up nicely. I even walked around my house without a trace of make up on the other day - very proud!
But with it only being a week for skin thats not that bad to clear up, imagine what it can do in the space that it is recommended.
If your spots really effect your everyday life, and you just want to feel more confidant in your skin then this product will help you so much. I cant believe how stress free i am now that i dont need to worry about something so petty.

Please please please listen to the reviews on here - it really does help.

x
on 3 March 2013
I was very sceptical of this light treatment but seeing my 13 year old DD so distressed with her `bad' skin and the scaring that her spots caused, this was worth a go.

I am pleased to say that we are amazed just how much improved her skin looks already. She has been using it every night for 10 nights so far. She has not got any more of the big angry spots since, just the odd pimple type that goes within a day or so. Her red scars have faded remarkably (the scars were likely to have been mainly only surface scars but about a dozen or so on her forehead, chin and nose were deeper) This device has made such a difference. She also thinks it has stopped her skin getting so oily during the day, time will tell.

I wish I had not deliberated for so long and bought this long ago rather than waste hundreds of pounds on all sorts of brands of face care products. I will add, we did change face cleanser at the same time as buying this light. She now uses Cetaphil gentle cleanser and moisturiser now and has ditched everything else. (Main reason for doing this was I wanted to see if this light worked and was worried about all the other products she was using)

Hope this review and the light helps others. I will update again after a few more weeks to see how it goes.
on 13 March 2016
I have suffered with extreme acne and eczema on my face for year-acne for over 15 years and eczema for 6 years. It has had a terribly detrimental affect on my self esteem and over the years, I have been prescribed or tried just about everything to try and combat it. I've had a number of different antibiotics and various topical creams from doctors, spent hundreds, if not thousands on skincare and overall seen next to nothing work. Sometimes I'd see results for a week or two but ultimately they would invariably make my skin worse. My skin was often open and infected and I have scarring on my cheek, chin and nose and makeup can only do so much to cover it. I bought a TANDA zap blue light pen which was at such a good price I thought it was worth going it a go and saw my skin react after just one use. The problem with the pen was that it's only small and it gets through batteries so quickly that it was clear I needed something that was plugged into the wall. This machine, although pricey, does the job. I have had it for less than a week and my skin has not looked this good in years-literally over a decade. Not only do I have no infection anywhere on my face but my skin is calmer, with scarring fading. As well as this, my skin looks softer and actually has a 'glow' to it. I don't know how my skin would fare if I stopped using it but realistically, I don't intend to stop. It breaks my heart to think of the pain and upset I have gone through over the years with doctors prescribing antibiotics, harsh creams or Roaccutane (which I didn't want to take due to the side effects) and not one of them ever suggested trying this treatment. Depending on where you're at with cost and the level of acne you have, I'd say go for this because considering costs of everything else you're trying, this will make a difference to your face and your pocket but obviously there are cheaper alternatives out there to give it a try. I was so sick of reading reviews that said 'This product/cream/pill changed my skin forever' so if you're cynical, I completed understand. All I would say is that I had given up on anything working and I almost can't believe how my skin looks-and hopefully it will only continue to improve. Plus those goggle look super sexy.
on 9 March 2015
I know you probably won't believe this but I got my Lumie yesterday (Sunday) and today is Monday lunchtime. As I need super-fast results for an event in 2 weeks' time I have actually used the Lumie morning and night as opposed to the recommended once a day (so only 3 times so far - 15 mins each time - I've read that this will be OK). I had a BAD breakout in January, and despite through all of February having had 2 facials, using face wash & spot treatments & antibiotics (which I reacted badly to) - nothing worked. Lumie was my last hope, but I figured it's the cost of a couple of facials, so worth a try. I was desperate. I'd even stopped smiling as much as I was not feeling confident or attractive (and it hurt sometimes to smile).

I had started to use Cococare 100% Vitamin E oil to help with the scarring (magical stuff, buy it off here too) only a couple of days before I received my Lumie and as that was working on the scarring saw no reason to stop that either. So now I wash my face, apply a Neutrogena spot gel, layer the Vit E oil on top and use the Lumie in contact mode on top of that - triple whammy! (You do need to wipe the Lumie of oil after). Only 3 treatments (and a day and a half!) later my skin is already showing massive signs of being clearer and my dream of clear skin for the big day seems achievable. As an aside, the Lumie also seems to be helping some broken veins around my nose that I've had since my teens - and I'm now in my early 40s.

It's taken till now to find the secret to clear skin! Luckily my boys will have the benefit of my knowledge (and Lumie) if they go on to suffer when they reach their teens. Thank you Lumie - truly life changing.
on 1 January 2015
Have real bad hard spot adult acne, have tried everything to no avail.... This little beaut is really helful in clearing your skin, however the light box is only small and will only treat small parts of the skin at one time. I bought mine in the black friday sales so it was half price otherwise I don't think I would have shelled out the full price for it.