5.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the bad reviews!!!
Published on 8 Dec. 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars x10
I actually love my x10 but feel that people need to know the truth.
The battery lasts less than 12 hours.
Published on 5 May 2010 by B. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the bad reviews!!!, 8 Dec. 2010
Amazon Customer (on one of the Two Worlds) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
Having chosen this phone as an upgrade on my existing plan, before reading any of the reviews, my heart sank, when I did read them, particularly with regard to battery life. When I recieved this phone & charged it up, I carefully took the charger out with me, just in case. I have to say though, that battery life is as good as you can possibly expect from the smartphone - I've had the android 2.1 update & with that the phone will last 3 days between charges, switched off overnight for about 7 hours. That's with fairly heavy music player use, medium video & data transfer & light phone / messaging. It's certainly more than I was expecting & quite a relief.
As to the phone itself, I can understand the gripes with android 1.6, it really isn't up to the job, but 2.1 is great. But it wouldn't update for some reason when linked to my Windows XP computer, it had to be my Windows 7 for a successful update. Having said that I'd like the latest 2.2 version with flash - I'm sure the processor in the phone could cope with it.
The screen on the phone is excellent, clear, bright & responisve to touch.
Camera quality is great, but the "phone light" is dire - the only thing you're likely to get a picture of is someone squinting into the dazzle! A true flash would be MUCH better.
Quality of the sony headphones is excellent, though my son says there's too much bass! The built in speaker is OK, but rather tinny & cheap sounding.
The range of apps is amazing, & you can get plenty of really useful ones. I highly recommend Akdiko, weatherbug & arcmedia amongst others. I have the Kindle app. and it is good, but I can't figure out how to add books that I haven't bought directly from Amazon though (e.g. titles from the Black Library)
All in all I think it's great - the best phone I've ever owned!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Thought My iPhone Was Good!, 13 May 2010
I have had my Xperia X10 for a day and a half and have already completely forgotten about the iPhone that I cherished for 18 months. Sony-Ericsson have created a piece of technology that has both style and substance, combining user-friendly functionality, an excellent camera, super-fast internet and a sleek case. There are myriad reasons why this phone is brilliant and if I were to list all of them you would be reading a thirty page review so I will restrict myself to listing just a few:

1) The internet on it is amazing! Super fast, very easy to use with an excellent zoom function. The standard browser that is already on the phone is more than adequate but you can also download others such as Ocean which is, supposedly, even faster and Dolphin with which one can download videos from Youtube.
2) The camera is better than my digital camera and, at very least, is the best that I have seen on a phone. The quality of both photos and video is breathtaking and knocks anything the iPhone has to offer into a cocked hat. I spit on your 3 mega-pixels!
3) The media centre is excellent and looks great. More importantly, it makes it ridiculously easy to put new music etc. onto the phone. It is just a matter of dragging and dropping items from your computer into the music folder on the phone. I'm a bit of a technophobe and even I found this easy and certainly a great deal more intuitive than the circuitous and laborious way it was done on the iPhone. Items can also be deleted or selected as ringtones on the actual phone and music can be listened to while other applications are in use.
4) The screen is a thing of beauty. It is absolutely massive, dwarfing the iPhone's, and is clear as crystal at all times.
5) There is an extensive list of 'Apps' to choose from, a lot of which are free, and they are growing in number every day.

Of course there are some miner niggles such as the absence of flashplayer (I understand that this is being rectified by an update in June) but these are all very small and will, no doubt, be sorted out by forthcoming updates.
In conclusion, throughout this review I have compared the X10 with the iPhone, the reason being that I previously owned one and, as they are both smartphones, there are obvious parallels. I loved the iPhone and thought it a great piece of technology but the X10 is just better in almost every way. The X10 has ironed out a number of the flaws that I found in it's rival and for that reason it gets 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Android Phone to date, 26 April 2010
I have tried both the HTC Desire and this Xperia X10. Both have good and bad points about them as do most phones. However, the X10 is by far the better phone. The call quality both ends is far better that the Desire, the ring volume is loud and the speaker is at the side of the phone rather then on the back. The in ear volume is louder than the Desire. The Timescape and Mediascape are excellent. I am not a avid user of Facebook etc but do use occasionaly, and I find that I am using this program more and more it is great. Meadiascape is just brilliant. The screen quality is fantastic for a LCD screen. The only down side for me with the X10 is the on screen keyboard. Sometimes, is does not register your press even though is has clicked and shown as being pressed. However, the more I use it the less of a problem I find it. Thios should be fixed with a simple update and I am sure it will be. Also later in the year this phone will be upgraded to Android 2.1, this should greatly inprove the phone even more. Ignore all the negatives of this only haveing Android 1.6, it is adequate and apart from things like live wallpapers there is not that much difference. Also the live wallpapers only eat up your batter life anyway. The battery life is a bit of an issue on all smartphones for obvious reasons. However, I get well over a day with moderate use and that is adequate for me. I would recommend giving this phone a try as I think it is a winner and a good general balance of all the Android Phones out there. Yes room for improvement but in all honesty what phone on the market is 100% perfect? Exactly, there is not one.

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so fantastic!, 15 Aug. 2010
Julian Richards (UK) - See all my reviews
Have had a Blackberry Storm for just under 2 years and last week would you believe it, whilst doing an update, my pc "blue screened" and trashed the thing.
What to do? new blackberry, iphone or go for one of these "android" thingies? My middle daughter's boyfriend is a software developer for Orange [or some such thing] and has raved about android, so I went for an X10 and so far am not dissappointed. Admittedly have only had it a couple of days, and would agree with other reviewers that battery life is not great [though in the system menu, you can see exactly what is eating battery life and adjust your phone accordingly - I increased battery life significantly by reducing screen brightness only marginally], but that is where the gripes end for me.
Having got used to the Storm, I thought I would have problems with android, but it took less than a day to get used to - android blows the Blackberry os out of the water for speed and functionality.
The screen is very large, the phone has a nice quality "feel" about it, and getting used to the touch screen presented few problems.
The camera is magnificent for a mobile phone [remember it is a phone and not a camera]
Software wise, bundled "apps" - address book, media player, facebook etc all work fine. [I Had no problems at all doing a sync with my address book even if it was a bit long winded - upload address book to google and then sync, but easy enough]. Adding and removing apps is a sinch using the "marketplace" with oodles of free apps.
cannot fault the phone really - would recommend buying a case, but otherwise a smashing little number.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xperia X10, best phone i've had, 4 Oct. 2010
Wasn't sure whether to get this phone after reading all the bad reviews about battery life, but i got it anyway and maybe Sony have addressed the issue as mine works great and the battery is fine.

I've had it on all day, used the camera to take about 10 pics, uploaded them to internet with phone, i've played poker, made half a dozen calls, and generally used it more than i would a normal phone. Used 9% of battery life so far, so got more than 90% left. Its charges really quickly too.

Wifi only comes on if i want to connect to a wireless network. And its no bother to switch it on and off as you please.

Really pleased with the phone, have spent hours playing with it since getting it last week and not had any battery issues

3.0 out of 5 stars x10, 5 May 2010
B. Jones (UK) - See all my reviews
I actually love my x10 but feel that people need to know the truth.
The battery lasts less than 12 hours.
As a teacher I rarely look at my phone during the day. I don't get regular facebook updates and use e-mail on phone rarely as always have access to a computer. I have taken it into the vodafone shop to see if any apps are draining my battery and they seem unable to sort it out.
I don't unplug the battery until leaving the house at 7am and within 9 hours I get warnings that it is about to shutdown on me. That doesn't get me through a day at work.
The phone itself is great. The camera super (flash not so much) but I do expect to be able to go out for a day and not worry about being out of contact if my car breaks down on the way home from work when I haven't used the phone at all during the day.
Simple really - great phone, awful battery - wouldn't touch it again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best phone i've owned?, 27 Aug. 2010
When i bought this phone, i didn't really know what i was getting, i sort of picked it out from a list of various phones, when i recieved it i was actually excited, as soon as i opened the box and saw the phone sitting there all shiny, big and new i was happy! the phone is a piece of technological beauty, both physically and feature-wise, I love its large 4" bright touchscreen, which is incredibly responsive and fast. The X10 has an amazing 8 megapixel built in camera which takes great quality snaps and very good videos ( i was quite surprised at the quality of this camera, especially being on a phone, the pictures could rival my digital camera!) everything from the unique timescape feature to the thousands of apps available on the android market make this with no doubt the best phone i have ever had!
What prevents me from giving it the full 5 stars is the fact that the phone lacks a few features you would find on many top of the market phones, including: Multi-touch screen(bit disappointing), lack of android 2.2 or even 2.1!, No flash on the camera! only a photo light, and a rather poor battery life.
To conclude, if your looking for a phone to have never ending fun with, to take great pictures wherever you are, and ease of use, then this is the phone for you! all of the standard features are there including Media player to listen to music, views photos and watch videos, alarm clock, calendar, calculator etc. plus the ability to watch youtube, have your facebook and twitter feeds right there on the home screen, satellite navigation, Great quality internet browser, email and the ability to download thousands of amazing apps which make this phone one of the top phones on the market today.
Buy this phone and you won't be disappointed, buy this phone and you will never be bored!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars This phone is the worst, 21 Jan. 2013
J. C. Pennington (somewhere in europe) - See all my reviews
I assure you that the rave reviews this phone gets are from the company members itself. This phone is the most awful product I have the misfortune of coming across. And this is why, the LAG is unbelievable, you wont to look at your messages but be prepared to stare at a blank screen for 10 seconds whilst it loads. The pictures and video's you take are smashed into one big folder and they are seen as grey squares unless you wait about 30 seconds for it to load up. it is not user friendly, its like an unfinished phone. The camera is poor, you will not see outlines in dark objects, it is just one big black blob. The browser and messaging often have to shut down because the phone cant seem to handle it, it shuts these things down about 5 times a day. Sometimes my phone will even turn itself off shortly after i have turned it on, for no reason what so ever, it just dies. The battery is terrible, i have to have it on the lowest brightness so it will last the day, this is extremely annoying. hang on, I'm writing this without a list so more bad things will come to mind.... ahhh yes, the phone lock often will not respond because of lag and thus you waste your time trying to do the sequence in vain because it keeps breaking off. It is a slow, unorganised, useless piece of junk that I have been stuck in a contract for 2 years in. I HATE THIS PHONE. I emplore you to get something else, ANYTHING else. If you do not, you will regret it as I have come to.

5.0 out of 5 stars keep up the good work sony ericsson, 2 Aug. 2010
This is Brill Mobile beats iphone by miles this is a very beautiful piece of kit,this mobile is great for taking photos and making videos of your family or friends,or listening to music mp3 is great too as loads of space,like someone as already commented flash player should be updated and made avaliable soon so dont be put off sure you will find this mobile great too ignore comments by people saying this mobile is crap judge it for yourself first, htc and iphone will never come close to this mobile as brill apps perfect for everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Greater after Update!, 20 Feb. 2011
Peter Harvey (Hartlepool, England) - See all my reviews
This phone works great after updating to Android 2.1, so please don't believe the bad reviews of sceptics people on here!