5.0 out of 5 stars can not fault this basket.
Published on 19 Feb 2012 by staffordmick

3.0 out of 5 stars Moderately Good
Published on 6 April 2012 by .User

5.0 out of 5 stars can not fault this basket., 19 Feb 2012
This review is from: Wicker Shopping Basket For Bicycle (Sports)
After reading many reviews and looking a' a lot of similar products we took the chance and went fir this one and are so glad we did. It is an excellent basket made of sturdy material and also looks great on the bicycle too. My only quibble if any is that maybe it should be sold with the basket support as an all in one item as the basket Hung on it's own is a little unstable. Once fitted with the support it wont go anywhere and will take quite large bags of shopping and will hold a decent weight too and still be stable.
Highly recommended from one very happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bicycle Basket, 3 Dec 2011
This review is from: Wicker Shopping Basket For Bicycle (Sports)
This is a great bicycle basket and excellent for the price. It's quite well made and quite roomy, it's a little bigger than the metal mesh basket I had previously which it replaced and seems more heavy duty and resilient given in my experience the metal mesh baskets tend to get bent out of shape easily e.g. if your bike falls over in the wind. Also the plastic fittings tend to break eventually which is why I needed a new bike basket. Of course these baskets have strong flexible metal hooks which should be more resilient to normal wear and tear.

I suppose my only criticism, although not necessarily entirely directed at this particular basket because it would apply to many others to, is you are kind of given the impression you can just hook or strap them over your handle bars, take them off to pick up shopping and put them back on again.

In practice it doesn't really work like that, because apart from the obvious problem the risk of theft if something isn't screwed, or at least locked to your bike. I found attaching this basket using the hooks alone over the handle bars of my mountain bike, although it seems solid enough at first it doesn't require a lot of weight before the front of the basket is sagging down and rubbing against the front wheel. Obviously this may vary with different bikes e.g. on a more traditional style bicycle it may be possible to get a more secure fit but it was certainly a problem on my mountain bike and the amount of shopping I wanted to put in it.

In my case this was easily rectified by purchasing an additional basket support which cost just over £6 (again on Amazon) which fits to the front wheel and screws to the bottom of the basket at the front which makes this basket very solid and capable of carrying a fair amount of shopping. And should even be suitable for carrying a small dog or cat.

Of course once you screw it to a basket support you are not going to be able to easily remove the basket and put it back on again, but it is a lot better because you can safely carry more weight and of course one's basket is less likely to get stolen, so is a much better solution. So I'd certainly recommend buying a basket support for this.

On a side note I did have some problems fitting the basket support because the screws supplied were too short to go through the wickerwork of this basket and I had to use some longer screws I happened to have handy. But that's not an issue with this particular product but worth mentioning all the same.

Generally speaking though I give this product 5 stars because even though I think the description could be a bit more realistic about the practicalities of bike baskets generally and should IMO recommend a basket support. At the end of the day it looks good, is surprisingly well made and does the job, and given this basket along with a basket support cost me less than £20 for which I now have a roomy solid bike basket which carries a large portion of my weekly grocery shopping or should easily carry a fair amount of beer from the local discount off licence, what more could one want? :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Moderately Good, 6 April 2012
This review is from: Wicker Shopping Basket For Bicycle (Sports)
I bought this wicker basket for a bike (a traditional style female bike), but sadly the carry handle was too big to fit onto the bike, leaving little amount of room. The basket also seems quite large, and lighter in colour. However, it is relatively good for this price - it be good for people who would use it to carry a comprehensive amount of things, as the material is strong and it is very large, which therefore allows a lot of room for things to be put in it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong basket!, 24 Oct 2012
This review is from: Wicker Shopping Basket For Bicycle (Sports)
Well I've just received this basket and it is TINY! I've measured it against the specification in this advertisement and the height of the one I received is 21 cm (should be 31), the length across from right to left is 31cm (should be 46) and the depth from front to back is 25cm (should be 37 cm). I can't fit anything in it at all. It looks more like the type of basket you'd purchase for a child's bike. I hope there was an error in the packaging as I'm posting it back and asking can I have the one I ordered!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little basket, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Wicker Shopping Basket For Bicycle (Sports)
This basket is quite well made and looks good. I think it is also good value for money.The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because the metal hooks to fit it to the bike are covered with a plastic casing and one of the metal rods is protruding and caused a slight scratch to my bike when I tried to fit it and if you were to take the basket off to go into a shop it could potentialy cause an injury to someone,although it would be easy enough to put something over it to prevent that happening. The colour of mine is nice,only slightly lighter than the one pictured and I was realy looking forward to using it but unfortunatly have been unable to fit it to my bike because of the shape of my handlebars. I have a Carrera town and trail bike and because of the position of the brake cables and the bends in the handlebar I can't fit it without damaging the basket.However I have not returned it because I will either find another use for it or give it to someone as a gift. Would recomend this product but you just need to be sure it will fit your bike.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, made in China, return postage not refunded, 23 Jan 2013
Sharron Nichols (Twickenham, Middlesex England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wicker Shopping Basket For Bicycle (Sports)
I was very dissappointed with the quality. it was very light (weight) and would not hold much without compromising the base of the basket. Mine arrived with a large gap in the weave on the base which I believed constituted a hole. I returned it as faulty but was not refunded the postage (£4.60 I think). There are many others out there now, so I would advise against this one. Halfords do a good one as does Moore's Cycles.

2.0 out of 5 stars bicycle wicker basket, 24 Sep 2012
This review is from: Wicker Shopping Basket For Bicycle (Sports)
At face value the basket is large and strong, however it is not been coted in any weathering paint to protect it. My personal experience with trying to get the basket to stay put on my handle bars was not successful in any way. This means that the basket slides around, will drop down onto my wheel when items where put into it and even fall off completely. Despite this it was delivered swiftly and undamaged. (I am still looking for an alternative method to attach the basket to my bike.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bicycle Bike Wicker Shopping Basket With Carry Handle, 30 Sep 2011
This review is from: Wicker Shopping Basket For Bicycle (Sports)
Very pleased with product, the wicker is strong but not to heavy to manage good quality, excellent value price wise - speedy delivery - happy customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Product, 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: Wicker Shopping Basket For Bicycle (Sports)
I ordered this basket after choosing from quite a few and finding it difficult to choose, however I wasn't dissapointed. Gorgeous basket that looks amazing on my bike, very spacious and super fast delivery.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a happy customer, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Wicker Shopping Basket For Bicycle (Sports)
Cannot fault the basket at all, its beautiful and quite big so there is lots of room. But be careful when ordering. It did not fit my bike which is a ladies mountain bike and found difficult to send back as was expensive as parcel is large so I now have a basket that does not fit :(.

Wicker Shopping Basket For Bicycle