4.0 out of 5 stars Good Basic Set Up
This is a good basic set up.

The Warning Triangle and the Hi-Vis Vest are really good quality.

The gloves aren't too bad and will come in handy for changing a wheel. They are really light breathable gloves.

Published on 26 Jun. 2012 by Keek

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit expensive.
A bit expensive for what is in the kit. Contains the 'essentials' though. It is useful for its purpose in the car.
Published on 30 April 2013 by Christopher

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Basic Set Up, 26 Jun. 2012
This review is from: AA Car Essentials Breakdown Kit (Automotive)
This is a good basic set up.

The Warning Triangle and the Hi-Vis Vest are really good quality.

The Window hammer/Seat belt cutter is light but looks up to the job, I have this stored in the magazine holder in the back of of the front passenger seat for easy reach.

The torch is really cheap, poor light, with an old style bulb so not even in the same league of the LED torches. I'll stick with my own LED Lensor torch. Having a second torch despite the low quality is no harm I suppose, my passengers can use it!

I would have purchased the Triangle, Gloves, Hi-Vis vest and hammer separately but it would have worked out at the same price, at least by buying the set, you get a decent quality bag to store everything in and keep your boot nice and tidy! There is plenty room in the bag for storage of other items that you may have like a second Hi-Vis jacket, deicer and an ice scraper etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money useful safety kit, 4 May 2011
This review is from: AA Car Essentials Breakdown Kit (Automotive)
I purchased this as my newly purchased car did not come with a warning triangle as my previous car had
The additional items within the kit (Torch with batteries, Reflective tabard, emergency hammer, gloves) supplied in a spacious canvas zipped bag make this a bargain when compared to the "basic" triangle
This is a must have item for every motorist that it is hoped will never be needed to be used!

5.0 out of 5 stars every car should have one., 10 Mar. 2013
David Mulholland (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AA Car Essentials Breakdown Kit (Automotive)
I got this for my car,for the winter weather just in case.I ony had it a few days when i found myself in need of a torch,so its come in handy already.You should stick one in your boot,well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 30 Jun. 2011
This review is from: AA Car Essentials Breakdown Kit (Automotive)
I purchased this Breakdown Kit for a relative who had just obtained their first car - this Kit represents very good value for money - I just how that she never needs to use it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good addition, 13 Dec. 2012
This review is from: AA Car Essentials Breakdown Kit (Automotive)
This piece of kit is a good starting point for any motorist who wants to be prepared for any mishaps that may happen. I've notice one or two reviews regarding the torch and in my view even though it isn't LED, it still does a good job in the dark.

As there is a bit of space in the bag; I've teamed this kit up with a first aid kit and a additional hi vis jacket (I often have a passenger with me), I'm also going to buy a digital tyre pressure gauge and a tread gauge as well, which will sit nicely in the bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: AA Car Essentials Breakdown Kit (Automotive)
Thanksfully I haven't had to use this yet! However, it's a nice little set, all compact and neatly stored in the bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: AA Car Essentials Breakdown Kit (Automotive)
I bought this for my sister and she loves it. She's bought her first car and wants to prepare for every eventuality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hope I never need it but its there if I do, 9 Dec. 2012
This review is from: AA Car Essentials Breakdown Kit (Automotive)
I got a new car and unlike my old one it didnt come with a warning triangle. I am very cautious so this seemed like a good idea.
The triangle is very good and it comes in a nice package to keep in the boot.
The window breaker and seatbelt cutter is very good
The torch is the only let down, its a bit cheap but for emergencies it will be fine. I have a better torch I keep in the glove box anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars great deal, 26 Nov. 2012
N. P. Maranon "nunipok" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AA Car Essentials Breakdown Kit (Automotive)
Bought it without my boyfriend knowing, and when we received it he was really surprised. It says "motorbike kit" if I'm not wrong, but it even includes a little hammer to break the glass in case you get stuck in your car, a torch. I guess he was expecting just to receive the vests and the triangle, but it is more than that really.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 20 July 2013
Amy (South West, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AA Car Essentials Breakdown Kit (Automotive)
wanted something with all the basic nessecities in for emergencies, and thats what this is. it's a nice little kit, with all you need to get you sorted. it's quite a spacious bag too, i added a small first aid kit and a notepad/pen so i have all i need, just in case! great quality and price

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›