Price:£29.22+ £8.00 shipping

on 23 June 2011
My daughter loved Barbie and soon will want to buy her for her own children.
BUT - The makers of Barbie - Mattel are buying the materials to make their packaging from a company called Asian Pulp and Paper who are destroying the Indonesian rainforest to turn a quick profit.
Come on everyone, let's show Mattel we'd rather have tigers and orang-utans for our children to see in the future than throw-away paper packaging on our Barbie dolls.
Let them know you disapprove by tagging this as a helpful review and make them get their paper from sustainable sources.
Save the tiger and orang-utan AND let our girls enjoy Barbie!
44 comments|123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 October 2010
My 5yr old was very excited to receive this. However, we are now on our second doll having returned the first. Sadly the 2nd doll has broken in the same way. The music is activated by a small button at the front of the belt, which is in effect a small pin. We have lost two! The design fault is that it becomes loose the more you change the dolls dress around. Having fiddled with other dolls in the shops I am convinced that this will only occur again. For the meanwhile my daughter is happy to play with it without the music and doesnt want to see it returned. Buy with caution!
on 23 October 2010
I bought this for my 5 year old daughter although I felt it was rather expensive for a Barbie doll. It wasn't clear from the packaging and description that this isn't like the other barbies, in so far as you can't take the dress all the way off, it only folds around to create two different outfits, which is still fun and kept my daughter amused, but no good if you want to swap clothes with other barbie dolls. The music comes out of a box hidden under the skirt which makes it slightly heavier and less mobile than other Barbies.
VINE VOICEon 6 January 2011
my daughter opened this present - played with it carefully for 5 minutes then it broke - no longer plays music or lights up. Very disappointing.
on 9 January 2013
I have this thing with Barbie that when ever she puts her name to anything it doubles or triples its worth! In the box it looks great but on closer inspection the dress was very poorly made and it didnt last too long before Mum had to break into the sewing box to save Barbies dignity! It seems that they can get away with this shoddy workmanship because its Barbie! To be honest for the price I would have expected the dress to have been made in the depths of the night in a magic forest far far away by elves or fairies!
on 13 August 2011
We bought these for my daughters for Christmas 2010 aged 3 & 5 as they are into all things pink and Barbie certainly covers that ground! They were thrilled to have them and spent quite a bit of time with the dolls "changing outfits" with a lot of adult help! The music was fun too as they had the CD from the Fashion Fairytale DVD set. So all in all it was great. However, one of the dolls belt buckle came off (now irretrievably lost) and the music doesn't work unless you use a pin. So a bit disappointing on that front. Luckily this didn't deter them from playing with them. However as with most toys kids either LOVE them and can't live without them or forget they exist. The latter seems to be the case- that said their Barbies have had a revival recently. Lots of changing clothes etc... which is great. This particular Barbie can only wear the dress she comes in, which isn't a problem as it is so pretty. So it's a pretty average doll fun and if your little girl likes Barbie I am sure she'll enjoy this for a while.
on 11 November 2012
my sister was thrilled when she opened this unfortunatly it broke we lost the belt (buckle) also the skirt didnt turn around properly her shoes snapped and the velcro ripped overall i would NOT!!!!!!!!!! recommend this product at allllllllll
on 18 October 2011
Bought this Barbie as a birthday present to my 4 year old niese, she loved it. My daughter that is 18 months loves the doll as well, and plays with it every time she visits her niese. She loves the fact that it comes music out of it, and dances with the barbie over and over again. I think the doll is beautiful, but be aware that you cannot change the clothes.
on 31 January 2011
This Barbie has not been very well made. The dress is poorly put together. The belt which plays a tune moves so it doesn't always play the music. All in all I think Mattell have tried to save some money on this Barbie and have ended up with a pretty sub standard product. Both my daughters received one for Christmas and both dolls are the same. I would not recommend this Barbie doll.
on 10 June 2011
Kids love this barbie as it has music. The shame is that it doesn't have normal legs so you can't dress her in barbie clothes, just in the outfit she comes in.
The music is a bit annoying for adults and could be a bit more varied (it isn't really suited to the way the barbie looks in my opinion - a bit heavy), but the kids love it. Pretty barbie and has all the pink and sparkle little girls love.