Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on 28 June 2011
I was looking for a light for my Kindle 3 that I could use without disturbing my wife and baby. I didn't want the official Amazon case with the built in light as I feel it's too heavy and using the light takes too much out of the Kindle battery which is not a good thing.

Anyway, I plumped for the Mighty Bright MiniFlex. It arrived, in nice, accessible cardboard packaging and seemed quite well constructed. A couple of things I didn't like straight away were the spring-loaded clip (the spring action seems very strong and I would worry about the strain on the case over time) and the button cell power source. I generally don't like button cells as you can never find replacements when you need to. Most stores carry AA's and AAA's but not everyone has button cells.

First night's use of the Mighty Bright however was very disappointing. The light produced is very white and very bright, far too bright not to disturb a partner and too harsh and unpleasant for me. I suppose it might be useful for other activities though.

I've since replaced it with an Octovo Solis which has a much softer light, is nicely designed and better suits my needs.
33 comments|437 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 March 2012
Having recently bought the new Kindle I was hesitant about paying another £50 for the Kindle cover with light, so opted for a tecknet cover (I've had one on my iPad for the past year and it's wearing well) and this Mighty Bright Miniflex Clip-on light.

First impressions were favourable; it clipped on to the kindle case I had easy and didn't shift around. The flex was long enough to get the light into several positions BUT that's where it ends. After a couple of weeks of light use (30-60 minutes a night) the light has started flickering whenever I adjust the angle of flex of whenever the light casing is touched....indicating dodgy connectors. On top of that the on/off switch is really stiff and you have to position the light at an angle that essentially illuminates the entire room because when it's pointed down at the kindle there's lots of screen glare.

It also seems that after 2 weeks, the battery is going which leaves you with the option of buying a big pack of pricey batteries or coughing up another £10 for a charger. Both options I'm unwilling to take when the flight is flickering at the slightest motion anyway.

Unfortunately I'm junking this one and will be looking for another option. I really couldn't recommend this light.
on 12 April 2011
I know that for the price is isnt bad. however the battery life for this item isn't great if you are the sort of person that can read for hours a day, it lasted 1 week.

The other issue I have with this item is that when you move the flexible part to avoid glare (which you get a fair bit of) the light flickers lots, as if the wires inside aren't well connected.

But, for the price, i suppose it could have been worse.
on 7 August 2012
I decided to purchase this item after having seen so many positive reviews.
I, however am not the that impressed with this product. The quality is ok-ish. There is a glare on the screan from the light and there appears to be no battery instructions.
I feel that the item is overpriced and with hindsight I wish I had gone for the more expensive flat light. Or even the dirt, dirt cheap light.

Not that impressed, as overpriced in my opinion. Half the price would have been acceptable for this quality.
on 12 May 2014
Disappointed... My very first version of this light (taking round cell batteries) lasted years and was brilliant. I purchased a backup (of a different make) which was not so good. Took AAA battery which didn't last very long at all!
Original light was much preferred so I looked online and ordered another one the same. Unfortunately, when it arrived it wasn't the same as my original, didn't work with the round cell batteries, as still described on the website but was like my backup light AAA style.
This one doesn't last long either!!!!
Why change a good product is my question??
on 24 April 2011
I HAVE FOUND THIS PRODUCT NOT AS GOOD AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE AS WHEN I HAVE MOVED THE ARM PART TO SHINE THE LIGHT ON THE LOWER PART OF THE BOOK IT IS INTERMITANT. THIS IS A BIT DISSAPOINTING AS IT IS NOT RELIABLE AND FOR THE PRICE IT REALLY IS NOT SATISFACTORY. i THINK THAT IT COULD HAVE BEEN BUILT A LOT BETTER THAN THIS TO BE MORE RELIABLE IN ITS USAGE.
on 1 November 2011
This little light offers more than adequate sharp clear light with which to read my Kindle in low light conditions. There appears to be a means to recharge the batteries but it does not come with any instructions or battery charger and I can find no mention of the use to which the connection could or should be put on the site. Overall as is it is value for money but some instructions AND the inclusion of a battery charger if indeed that is what the connector is for, would enhance this little device.
on 8 October 2013
Bought as a replacement for my old clip on which fell apart. This one is very difficult to switch on - especially in the dark. The clip is big, ugly and clumsy. The batteries its needs are different to those needed for my old light one so that I have a stock of those and can't use them whilst I will need to get the new ones for this light.
The light it provides is good
on 15 December 2011
wow great a light I can fit to my kindle so when grumpy is snoring away I can still read.

And so it was for 2 weeks.

They say it is 'Rechargeable from an adaptor' excellent I think. Except you can't get a mains adaptor that fits. I've searched amazon and other sights for one and nothing.

So for an expensive light, I am back in the dark. Gutted!
on 1 April 2013
I bought this product about a year ago. I tend to use it most nights and it has lasted for a long time on one battery. The light is bright however I have two issues with this product. First that I noticed, within a few weeks was a slight change in brightness with any slight movements. It would go from 100% luminosity to 50% requiring me to tap the head occasionally. The other issue is it has permanently marked my leather case.

All in all I am not overly happy and am looking for a replacement.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse