5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderfully human indie drama...
I'm not going to lie, Robert Pattinson was a big part of my decision to see this film for the first time. However, as a film nerd, I really did fall in love with the film.

Published on 6 April 2010 by J. Allen

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite a tear-jerker
This is a good film, with characters that are easy to empathise with, but it is not the sweet romance that the cover suggests. It is quite a emotional and depressing film, but well made with great acting.
Published 19 months ago by Ellen D

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderfully human indie drama..., 6 April 2010
J. Allen - See all my reviews

It is a wonderfully raw, extremely human indie drama about how the actions we think are meaningless can have a positive impact on the lives of others. The script is very witty and the characters are extremely relatable. Pattinson's Character, Tyler, is approaching his 22nd birthday and still mourning the death of his older brother, who died on the day he turned 22. His brothers death has fragmented his family-His parents have divorced and his wall-street father has no interest in relating to either him or his younger sister Caroline, who is greatly upset by her fathers ambivolence. After a night out with his friend Aiden which results in a brush with the police, Tyler meets Ally, a girl from Queens who, following the murder of her mother, has developed a very different view of life to Tyler, along with a firy relationship with her possessive father. They fall in love. However, the romance isn't the focus of the story but rather one of it's parts. It is a story about family and relationships.

Pattinson puts in an excellent performance, refusing to make Tyler either a rebellious hero or a spoilt brat but instead successfully conveying his pain, rage and frustration. His scens with ruby jerins, a child actor to watch, are extremely touching. Emilie De Ravin is also good as Ally, bringing a real warmth to the role. She and Pattinson have great chemistry and the characters romance is allowed to unfold in a very realistic way. Pierce Brosnan does a great job as Tyler's father, adding depth to what could have been a very predictable character. However, I do think that Chris Cooper, an excellent actor, is underused in the role of Ally's father.

The ending is a highly controversial one that will split audiences but which I loved, finding it harrowing, devestating, and extremely haunting. It is an ending that will stay with you long after the film is over and which will make you re-evaluate everything you've seen in light of it. Again it is handled in a very touching, human way. A real little gem of a film. Whata pity that, because of controversy surrounding the ending which has had critics tearing it apart like ravenous wolves, it may not get the recognition it deserves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Film, 19 April 2010
N. Bowyer "Mumof2" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember Me [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I can not recommend this film enough. All of the cast are amazing, with the lovely Pattinson proving he is more than capable of holding his own in the acting stakes. I am glad I knew what the 'twist' was at the end otherwise I would have been sitting there sobbing like my sister next to me. As it was I struggled with a big lump in my throat and an ability to breathe as the film drew to its close. I loved the way this film left me thinking about it for a long time after, it has an interesting message and I defy anyone to walk away from watching it and not want to try just that little bit harder at their own lives. Shame the film was marketed as a romantic drama, because it is far more than that. Very very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be opened minded and give it a chance, 9 April 2010
I went to see this film with my 16 year old. I have seen both the Twilight movies and thoroughly enjoyed them. I have also read all the twilight books.
We go the cimema every week and see all variety of films both good and bad. I have never felt the need to write a review before. But the reviews I have seen for this particular movie are unfair and simply not true. Journalists just looking to get in print and to say nothing good about a film that is on the whole very very good. Narrow minded try hards jealous of a talented young man whose career is on the way up. Now I've finished ranting....... back to the film. gripped from the start, an emotional rollercoaster with an ending that left me speechless. The whole cast are great and give emotional performances to support the story. The young cast are superb and Ruby Jerins is a young girl who will go a long way. Her relationship with Tyler ( Rob Pattinson)is so touching and you could see both actors feeding off each other. If you like films and are prepared to be open minded you'll be surpised how much this film has to offer.
Ladies if you have a pulse Rob is very easy on the eye.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly brilliant, 27 May 2010
H. C. Jerrome (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember Me [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Like many other people, I went to see this purely as a Robert Pattinson fan, with very little idea about the plot or the storyline. All I'd heard was that it was different from the Twilight series, which suited me just fine.

The film was funny, happy, sad and incredibly touching, all at the same time. It tells the story of a young man who uses love to get past his problems and find himself. At many points throughout the film I found myself connecting with the main characters - as a 19 year old, I'm at the age where I don't know who I am or what I want to be (just like Tyler) and I was bullied as a child and so can connect with Tyler's younger sister, Caroline.

I've only seen it once, on the day it was released in the cinema, and the story still touches me today. I was in tears at the end of the film and have only been this moved by one other film in my life - Titanic. I would recommend it to anyone who is in touch with real life and understands/can cope with the fact that not everything has a happy ending.

I will always, always remember "Remember Me".

5.0 out of 5 stars heartbreaking tender movie, 2 May 2010
This review is from: Remember Me [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
If a year ago someone would've told me that I would write some comments and a film review, even in English which isn't my native language, I would've bursten into laughter. But here I am with a dictionary by the hand to help express myself clearly. Remember me is worth it for several reasons.
It's a very beautiful and realistic movie done in the style of the movies of the seventies and earlier. It's about time we get to see this kind of films again after the dominating of brainless action movies and predictable romantic comedies. Other reviewers before me already told about the story so I won't repeat it again. I consider Remember me as a tribute to the ordinary people affected by the end of the film, an end that was done very tastefully. It is a film that needs to be shown at students in high school because of the end and the other themes in it, worth to be discussed afterwards: loss, grief, family relationships... I believe young people will understand values in life better after seeing Remember me than when told in some boring lessons. At least that's what my daughter says, and I believe her because she was obviously more silent and thoughtfull about all this for days after she saw the movie. Remember me also needs to be seen by the adults, the parents who often are so preoccupied with their work that they forget easily that life isn't something you can control: you never know if today will be followed by a tomorrow.
And therefore I was sad when I read some harsh and respectless reviews, written by narrow-minded critics. This indie movie is quite unique because it doesn't fit in a genre, it doesn't follow the structure generally used in many movies. Critics like to predict a film which they couldn't with this one, so they prefered to bash him rather than trying to understand the motives of the filmmakers. Conclusion: many people believed them and didn't want to see this little masterpiece (at least in America, here in Europe the film has much more success, thank God).
Last thing: the performances in Remember me were very strong and believable. But, to be honest,I don't get this thing about Robert Pattinson. Why does he has to prove he can act? He has proven it already in all his earlier films and for all those who're still septical: the film industry know very well that he's like a raw diamond that needs to be cut and polished a bit, not too much. It isn't only for his good looks that he's been offered the leading part in Bel Ami and Water for Elephants.
Sorry for my mistakes, I'm afraid a dictionary alone isn't enough, but at least I tried to write something comprehensible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still my fav RP film, 25 Oct 2011
This review is from: Remember Me [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Admittedly (like most I suspect), I watched this film purely because Robert Pattinson was in it (and it was sufficiently different from Twilight to appeal on a different level). I didn't even know what the story was about before I watched it, but didn't care.

The film is fantastically touching in places, with brilliant support from Pierce Brosnan and Rob's roommate. I actually sat down to watch this, then watched it straight again immediately after. Things I thought were going to happen didn't, and things I never expected to happen did. The ending makes this film, a real must for Rob P fans, but also for those who ever doubted he could play anything other than Edward Cullen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember Me, 28 July 2010
This review is from: Remember Me [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I bought this the other day mainly because I am "team Edward" and Rob has explained in past interviews what makes him drawn to a particular script which I was intrigued to see. I also wanted to see if he could act away from Edward Cullen and still hold his own unlike some actors who are generally typecast into roles they always play.

Robert was brilliantly cast in his main role for this film and both Rob and Emilie drew out just the right amount of chemistry between them for it to be believable and different from "Bella & Edward" which I was pleased about - he looked at her in a different way.

The general story is heartbreaking but also true to real life and the ending ....god ...where do I start with the ending!!! The moment I saw "the blackboard" I was just like ...run over by a truck?? I remained routed in my seat even though I partly did not want to watch the ending. I thought the final scenes were tastefully shot and although I cried my eyes out and still feel quite haunted by the film and the impact it had on me....I would definitely recommend it to any avid Twilight fan or any other person looking for something different.

Robert lived up to his role, and although he still had a few lines where I could see the "Edward Cullen" character creeping through and some general "mouth twitches" again which I have seen him show in Twilight, he still managed to hold his own and interacted perfectly with each character he shot with.

I have never written a review about a film before but this film was so different and had such an impact on me that I felt compelled to write in the hope that other people watch it and understand reasons behind the title.

I will Remember ... forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Captivating & Haunting, 12 Jun 2010
Mr. Hj Crampton "Lestat's Madness" (Northampton, UK) - See all my reviews
Well in truth I saw this film under under some duress from a friend. However i'm so glad I did, Robert Pattinson put in an amazing performance fall of raw emotion and soul. It's so much than the trailer would have you believe, this film has a lasting effect on you. Leaving you with many thoughts and feelings.

The characters and story are extremely relatable and well written. From the trailer you get the idea it's another romance film...think again! This film has so many layers and hidden depths within the mix. It's a perfect combination of relationships, family and romance.

Robert Pattinson puts in an truly Captivating performance, you can see Tyler's frustration, anger & the pain that he feels. Tyler's sister (Ruby Jerins), puts in an extremely touching performance as do all the cast. Ally the love interest played by Emilie De Ravin, she & Pattinson have great chemistry while Pierce Brosnan is also great as Tyler's father. The father/son scenes are quite emotional while also having some tender moments aswell.

The ending is what really made it for me, though devestating and is one of the main reasons it divided people so. It's not one of those happy ever after hollywood endings but still extremely haunting. It's something that will stay with you long after the film has finished. It's that gut raw emotion you feel while at the same time being very touching. This film has stayed with me and will continue to do so, that's why it's such a pity like another reviewer said that due to the controversy surrounding the ending it may not get the recognition it so deserves.

Everyone should take a look at this film, WARNING....you may need tissues at the ready!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars You will remember this film, 21 July 2010
This review is from: Remember Me [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Admittedly after first seeing the trailers for this fil I was a little sceptical however, after persuaded to go by my girlfriend (3 guesses why she wanted to go!)I can honestly say this was one of best films I have ever seen! Definately top 10, and that is saying something!
The film begins like any other drama, you find out the history of the characters, and you are made to instantly feel a sense of sympathy for the girl and almost understanding for R Patz.
As the film progresses the two characters fall madly in love yet they are distanced by family and their own issues, leading to one of the greatest endings to a film ever, you will not see it coming!
Roberts performance in the film is brilliant, we can now say he is truly a gifted actor, not just a vampire with weird hair.
Please watch this film, thats all I can say.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Good I Cried. On a Plane., 4 July 2010
Gillian Turnbull (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember Me [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I watched this out of curiosity and boredom on a flight home from Australia. I had a lot of time on my hands and didn't want to sleep so I figured "why not?". I ended up finding a new favourite film. From the first scene I was hooked. Not what I was expecting AT ALL!! The girl who plays the little sister is AMAZING, she's so natural. I won't delve into the plot as it's hard to explain without giving too much away, but I will say that I ended up with tears rolling down my cheeks in a state of shock (until the pilot interrupted to tell us we were landing, spoiling the moment, how rude!! lol). Once it was over I couldn't wait to watch it with my friends and family just to watch their reactions, maybe partly since my own was cut short lol.

I would definitely recommend this film to anyone, and if you're unsure because it's Robert Pattinson, don't be, this is not Twilight.

ARRAY(0xae1169c8)

Remember Me [DVD] [2010]
Remember Me [DVD] [2010] by Robert Pattinson (DVD - 2010)
3.00