5.0 out of 5 stars I love my little F-Bike (smoky)
--------------------Introduction:
Published 22 months ago by Yellow Monkey that lives in th...

I am delighted with this exercise bike. It arrived very quickly and was well packed. My husband put it together and it took him about 30 minutes max to do it. He commented that it was obviously well made and went together well, but he did comment that the instruction diagrams good be better, although the written instructions he said were good.

It is study,...
Published 11 months ago by Mrs. Lynne Park

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my little F-Bike (smoky), 18 Jun 2012
--------------------Introduction:
The summer of 2010 saw me in my mid-twenties, watching the world cup and enjoying the deals on beer, pizza and coke. For the first time in my life I put on weight. My god-given right to not exercise, eat anything I want and stay slim and looking good had been rescinded. A year later and a whole 2inces on my waist, I decided it was time to get some regular exercise, hence the f-bike. Bought for 90 and bought because it had the best reviews.

Some questions:

--------------------Who is the `Ultra fit' f-bike for?

Well oddly it's definitely not for the Ultra fit. Even on the hardest setting it is unlikely to give the ultra-fit an adequate workout in a reasonable amount of time.
The f-bike is for people who are fit and want to stay that way or for people who are unfit and want to get fit.

--------------------Will its size suit all?

Nope... it seems that the bike is aimed at the tall to average and would not be suitable for people who are short. On its smallest setting my lover who is 5.4 sayys that she can't go at full speed as she is too short. I note another reviewer had to drill another hole to make it suit her size better.

--------------------Max weight?

Is 100 kg; that's 15st 10.5lb

--------------------How quiet is the f-bike:

It's not totally totally silent, as when you're on it you can hear a whisper of the belt but it is quiet enough that others can watch TV, while I use it in the same room, the neighbours are totally unaware it exists and I can use it late at night without anyone hearing it. When in normal use it make no vibrations to the ground so is fine for use in any flat... even with Mrs Knock Knock downstairs.

--------------------How easy is it to use:

Really easy. Resistance is controlled by one simple knob 1-8. The digital system is all controlled by one button, giving details of speed, distance, time, calories, pulse, ODE, and a scan button that moves through them all. After peddling details are held for 5mins before the system switches itself off. Holding down the button clears data. There are no user profile or courses. It takes 2x AAA batteries but the bike works on your steam.

--------------------Does Pulse work?

On the handlebars are two metal strips when hands are placed it gives a pulse reading. Some are critical of the correctness of it. So far my system appears to be right but only after cycling for 2mins with my hands on the right place. If measuring your pulse is essential then check with the makers or buy a separate device.

-------------------- How portable is it and how much space does it use up?

It's really not that portable, as it is heavy and fairly large. While it does fold up, meaning it could be stored in a wardrobe this is not ideal and I doubt a regular user could be bothered folding it up and unfolding it every time it was in use. This said it is much more portable are less bulky than a fixed bike; so it's `foldability' is appreciated.

--------------------How fun is it

It's fun for the first 5mins then it's just a tool. This does not make exercise easier nor fun but it does make it more accessible. Watching the TV while exercising is a luxury.

--------------------What's the Wow factor?
The what? It's just a cheap little bike made out of the same welded together silver metal as most exercise equipment has. It feels sturdy but without any frills.

--------------------How complicated is it to build:

Not complicated; easier and more intuitive than IKEA,. It's basically just securing things. It'll take 20 mins max . It's a one person job but will be faster with two.

The instructions are fine but offer little reassurance. Bellow is a little bit of commentary to give you an idea of what needs to be done and a bit of reassurance.

NOTE: all the tools needed come in the box. A wee spanner and a alan-key.

1, unfolding it
Pull the grenade like pin. Unfold the bike and replace the grenade pin. No tools needed.

2. Screwing on its floor stands:
Note the floor stands have an indented side for where the bolts should start from. Screw into the bike. Tighten with spanner.

3. Screwing in its pedals
Screw in the pedals. Note you need to hold the pedal itself still and crew in the bit with the track. Tighten with the spanner.

4. Securing the seat bracket
Place the bracket to the right seat height secure with the ratchet thing.

5. Screwing the seat to the bracket
Screw the seat onto the bracket. Use the spanner to tighten. IT should not wobble at all.

6. Screwing the handlebars to the bike.
Screw the handlebars to the bike using the alan-key. It should not wobble at all. Connect the two wires.

7. Check to make sure everything is tight, secure and stable.
Cycle.

8. Every once in a while you may want to tighten up certain bits and pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 17 Jan 2012
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)
This is a great bike for such a low price. It was delivered within three days (tracked online)and although it requires a small amount of straightforward assembly, the tools are included, and it only amounts to tightening twelve or so nuts+bolts/ screws.
It is surprisingly solidly constructed, and feels quite expensive, apart from the seat which is just awful- get a cushion or padded shorts.
The computer is pretty good, and gives you info on: pulse, speed, calories burnt, distance covered and time spent cycling. While much of this information is fairly arbitrary (calories burned do seem suspiciously high), it does allow you to track your progress day by day, and also to ensure that your routine is useful (the heart-rate monitor especially).
I paid 90ish for this piece of equipment and am extremely happy with it. However much I would like to, I will go running only rarely in midwinter, and the bike has allowed me to get about three hours of exercise a week without having to punish myself (apart from the seat of course). While the resistance is not massive, it is easily enough to allow me raise my heart rate to 60%-70% of its maximum without having to pedal madly, although the bike is solid enough to allow me to do this too if necessary.
It folds up as much as can be expected, and occupies a space of no more than 50cm x 50cm x 125cm in the corner of the room when not in use. It's pretty heavy, but can be moved from room to room at a push.
I'm 36, male, with two kids and a busy life, and am about forty pounds above my ideal weight. This bike cost next to nothing, and allows me to exercise regularly, in the comfort of my own home, whenever I have a free 30 minutes. I've lost about six pounds in the two weeks since it arrived. Obviously I can't speak for the longevity of the bike (or my enthusiasm), but at the moment it's a great buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very impressed at all - company don't want to know problems, 28 April 2013
Mrs. Lynne Park (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)

It is study, quiet and very smooth. I don't have a huge amount of space which is why I went for a folding bike and it's quite neat when folded for storage, although pretty heavy so you wouldn't want to be moving it very far. Having said that, it needs to be fairly heavy for stability.

I am extremely pleased with it and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

EDIT TO ABOVE REVIEW :

TOTALLY UNIMPRESSED NOW. ABOUT 8 WEEKS FROM PURCHASE, WITH LIGHT USE, THE BIKE STARTED BANGING AND CLATTERING IN THE PEDAL AREA. I CONTACTED THE COMPANY AND GOT IMMEDIATE EMAIL ACKNOWLEDGMENTS BUT TO DATE I HAVE HAD NO ACTION. I WAS TOLD IN AN EMAIL THAT THE BELT WAS WEARING ..... AFTER 8 WEEKS OF LIGHT USE ..... VERY POOR. THE COMPANY ASKED ME TO SEND DETAILS OF MY AMAZON DELIVERY NOTE ETC WHICH I DID AND I HAVE HEARD NOTHING SINCE FROM THEM DESPITE REMINDER EMAILS. BEWARE WHEN DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY AS THEIR AFTER SALES APPEARS TO BE NON-EXISTENT. MY EXPERIENCE IS YOU ARE LEFT HOLDING A FAULTY PRODUCT.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ultrafit F-Bike: good but not for the very fit!, 28 Mar 2011
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)
The bike is very easy to put together - much easier than my last exercise bike. Non-DIY people should have no problems. It has a tiny footprint so takes up a really small amount of floor space when folded up. Light enough for most adults to lug around. The high saddle (height can be altered of course) is superb for people like me with knee problems. I've had very little pain since using it (as opposed to when I use my push bike). So why am I giving it only 3 stars? There are 8 resistance levels. However, the top one doesn't require so much effort for you to want to go through to something tougher. I'm no great cyclist yet I wish there were another two levels at least. For beginners or for people who just want an 'easy ride', this is a great product. For those of us with stronger legs, I'd say 'look elsewhere'.

5.0 out of 5 stars good bike for the money, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)
recommend this bike , sturdy and very good value , i saw a few reveiws about it not being any good for shorter people well i am 5ft 2in and i can reach the pedals and cycle with ease

3.0 out of 5 stars Ultra fit F bike is great if you are 5 feet 6 inches (167 cm) or taller, 3 Feb 2012
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)
This ia a great sturdy bike. The instructions where very easy to follow and it was very easy to put together - it took me just 35 minutes - it also folds neatly away into a corner of the room, but, I would only recommend it to anyone taller and fitter than myself. The reason for this is that I am 65 years of age and only 5 feet 4 inches (135 cm) tall and it is a physical impossibility for me to get onto it because the frame is very high.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent starter bike for the badly unfit, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)
The world of exercise is a pretty new one to me and my partner, and we'd been lauding the idea of dealing with our lack of fitness for some times. On a strict budget, the favourable reviews of this bike really made it stand out, and after procrastinating like pros for a long time we finally got it.

Assembling the thing was a piece of cake, took barely half an hour, although it certainly isn't a light piece of equipment.

The first thing one notices on using it is now comfortable it is. The pedals glide nicely and the saddle is surprisingly soft for such an inexpensive bike. While it doesn't look like it is worth 1000 or anything like that you would never guess it is so economically favourable.

It has 8 levels of resistance, the lowest being a total walk in the park, even for first-timers. But the second and up, as long as you get into a daily regular routine of using this, will feel like a distinct level up in stress and it's where burning truly starts.

The LCD display is decent enough and has a handy pulse meter, although how accurate it is is open to debate, and the calorie counter is dubious to say the least. No matter how fast you do a couple of KM it always claims you burned 30 calories. Regardless of resistance.

But these are minor quibbles.

If you're badly unfit and need something light and simple to get your body a little more active you really could do a lot worse than this.

The handbook even comes with some very useful fitness advice and guides on warm ups and cool downs.

For the completely new to fitness folks like us, this bike really is a very handy tool.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor product design means that the quality of the bike is not consistent, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)
I bought this bike based on the good product reviews hoping that I would not be one of the one's who received a defective product. Alas I have had three different bikes and had to return all of them for various reasons. The first bike that was delivered was the best on hindsight as it worked fine except the left pedal made a clicking noise whenever it was in use. I got it replaced and the second bike arrived with a big hole as the plastic case surrounding the motor mechanism had broken off in some places. I got that replaced again and third time around the tension resistance did not work. I had to put the resistance up to 8 to get any resistance. I have had to arrange multiple days off work to wait for delivery and pick up of each bike as the courier doesn't do a weekend service. What is really frustrating now is that I threw away the original box for my first bike (because I didn't think I'd be returning it) and did the return of the first two bikes using the new box from the replacement bikes. Since I have given up and am not replacing the third bike, I have no box to return the item. Amazon have suggested that I go to the post office to get a box big enough to pack the bike but the post office doesn't have boxes this big and I am struggling to find anywhere where I can buy an appropriate box to pack the bike and ensure safe delivery so I might lose my money if I cannot find an appropriate box in time to return. My advice if you are going to buy the bike is, don't (you are basically playing a game of roulette). If you are swayed by the positive reviews, keep the original packaging for at least the term of the returns period in case you need to return it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice little bike, 9 Feb 2011
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)
This bike is really nice and very easy to set up. My only complaint would be that the seat dosen't come down far enought for someone who is under 5ft 3in my husband was able to drill an extra hole so now i have no problem reaching the peddles with comfort.

This bike is so easy to move about and folding up is very handy i would recommend this bike to first time buyers as a good start to exercising the more experienced may find it a bit basic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for the price!, 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)
I bought this bike and started using it in early October 2012.

I love it!

Easy to assemble, and BRILLIANT after sales help. (More of that later)

It's portable and folding, with a fairly small footprint when stowed.
If I had a real criticism it would be that the resistance is less than I would have liked. If you are pushed for space and just beginning training this is as good a start as any.

So I started on 10km a day. I increased by a km every fortnight. By the end of December I was on 16.1km every day. That's when I started to lose weight and get fitter!
I lost 16kg, my VO2 has gone up by ten points; my BP is down eleven points.
I'm still using it every day before I get started.

Two months ago the left pedal started "clicking" on every revolution. Two weeks ago it became a loud "Clunk!"
I contacted the manufacturers and explained the problem. They were prepared to send an entire new bike but I've become attached to this one! I had a new set of pedals in the post this week. The bike has a TWO YEAR WARRANTY!

Superb.

Now you'll only get out of it what you put in but I love my F Bike.

By the way I had a total Hip Replacement three years ago.

ARRAY(0xb16a3dd4)