5.0 out of 5 stars I love my little F-Bike (smoky)
--------------------Introduction:
Published on 18 Jun 2012 by Yellow Monkey that lives in th...

3.0 out of 5 stars Ultrafit F-Bike: good but not for the very fit!
Published on 28 Mar 2011 by Arbuthnot

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my little F-Bike (smoky), 18 Jun 2012
--------------------Introduction:
The summer of 2010 saw me in my mid-twenties, watching the world cup and enjoying the deals on beer, pizza and coke. For the first time in my life I put on weight. My god-given right to not exercise, eat anything I want and stay slim and looking good had been rescinded. A year later and a whole 2inces on my waist, I decided it was time to get some regular exercise, hence the f-bike. Bought for 90 and bought because it had the best reviews.

Some questions:

--------------------Who is the `Ultra fit' f-bike for?

Well oddly it's definitely not for the Ultra fit. Even on the hardest setting it is unlikely to give the ultra-fit an adequate workout in a reasonable amount of time.
The f-bike is for people who are fit and want to stay that way or for people who are unfit and want to get fit.

--------------------Will its size suit all?

Nope... it seems that the bike is aimed at the tall to average and would not be suitable for people who are short. On its smallest setting my lover who is 5.4 sayys that she can't go at full speed as she is too short. I note another reviewer had to drill another hole to make it suit her size better.

--------------------Max weight?

Is 100 kg; that's 15st 10.5lb

--------------------How quiet is the f-bike:

It's not totally totally silent, as when you're on it you can hear a whisper of the belt but it is quiet enough that others can watch TV, while I use it in the same room, the neighbours are totally unaware it exists and I can use it late at night without anyone hearing it. When in normal use it make no vibrations to the ground so is fine for use in any flat... even with Mrs Knock Knock downstairs.

--------------------How easy is it to use:

Really easy. Resistance is controlled by one simple knob 1-8. The digital system is all controlled by one button, giving details of speed, distance, time, calories, pulse, ODE, and a scan button that moves through them all. After peddling details are held for 5mins before the system switches itself off. Holding down the button clears data. There are no user profile or courses. It takes 2x AAA batteries but the bike works on your steam.

--------------------Does Pulse work?

On the handlebars are two metal strips when hands are placed it gives a pulse reading. Some are critical of the correctness of it. So far my system appears to be right but only after cycling for 2mins with my hands on the right place. If measuring your pulse is essential then check with the makers or buy a separate device.

-------------------- How portable is it and how much space does it use up?

It's really not that portable, as it is heavy and fairly large. While it does fold up, meaning it could be stored in a wardrobe this is not ideal and I doubt a regular user could be bothered folding it up and unfolding it every time it was in use. This said it is much more portable are less bulky than a fixed bike; so it's `foldability' is appreciated.

--------------------How fun is it

It's fun for the first 5mins then it's just a tool. This does not make exercise easier nor fun but it does make it more accessible. Watching the TV while exercising is a luxury.

--------------------What's the Wow factor?
The what? It's just a cheap little bike made out of the same welded together silver metal as most exercise equipment has. It feels sturdy but without any frills.

--------------------How complicated is it to build:

Not complicated; easier and more intuitive than IKEA,. It's basically just securing things. It'll take 20 mins max . It's a one person job but will be faster with two.

The instructions are fine but offer little reassurance. Bellow is a little bit of commentary to give you an idea of what needs to be done and a bit of reassurance.

NOTE: all the tools needed come in the box. A wee spanner and a alan-key.

1, unfolding it
Pull the grenade like pin. Unfold the bike and replace the grenade pin. No tools needed.

2. Screwing on its floor stands:
Note the floor stands have an indented side for where the bolts should start from. Screw into the bike. Tighten with spanner.

3. Screwing in its pedals
Screw in the pedals. Note you need to hold the pedal itself still and crew in the bit with the track. Tighten with the spanner.

4. Securing the seat bracket
Place the bracket to the right seat height secure with the ratchet thing.

5. Screwing the seat to the bracket
Screw the seat onto the bracket. Use the spanner to tighten. IT should not wobble at all.

6. Screwing the handlebars to the bike.
Screw the handlebars to the bike using the alan-key. It should not wobble at all. Connect the two wires.

7. Check to make sure everything is tight, secure and stable.
Cycle.

8. Every once in a while you may want to tighten up certain bits and pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 17 Jan 2012
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)
This is a great bike for such a low price. It was delivered within three days (tracked online)and although it requires a small amount of straightforward assembly, the tools are included, and it only amounts to tightening twelve or so nuts+bolts/ screws.
It is surprisingly solidly constructed, and feels quite expensive, apart from the seat which is just awful- get a cushion or padded shorts.
The computer is pretty good, and gives you info on: pulse, speed, calories burnt, distance covered and time spent cycling. While much of this information is fairly arbitrary (calories burned do seem suspiciously high), it does allow you to track your progress day by day, and also to ensure that your routine is useful (the heart-rate monitor especially).
I paid 90ish for this piece of equipment and am extremely happy with it. However much I would like to, I will go running only rarely in midwinter, and the bike has allowed me to get about three hours of exercise a week without having to punish myself (apart from the seat of course). While the resistance is not massive, it is easily enough to allow me raise my heart rate to 60%-70% of its maximum without having to pedal madly, although the bike is solid enough to allow me to do this too if necessary.
It folds up as much as can be expected, and occupies a space of no more than 50cm x 50cm x 125cm in the corner of the room when not in use. It's pretty heavy, but can be moved from room to room at a push.
I'm 36, male, with two kids and a busy life, and am about forty pounds above my ideal weight. This bike cost next to nothing, and allows me to exercise regularly, in the comfort of my own home, whenever I have a free 30 minutes. I've lost about six pounds in the two weeks since it arrived. Obviously I can't speak for the longevity of the bike (or my enthusiasm), but at the moment it's a great buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ultrafit F-Bike: good but not for the very fit!, 28 Mar 2011
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)
The bike is very easy to put together - much easier than my last exercise bike. Non-DIY people should have no problems. It has a tiny footprint so takes up a really small amount of floor space when folded up. Light enough for most adults to lug around. The high saddle (height can be altered of course) is superb for people like me with knee problems. I've had very little pain since using it (as opposed to when I use my push bike). So why am I giving it only 3 stars? There are 8 resistance levels. However, the top one doesn't require so much effort for you to want to go through to something tougher. I'm no great cyclist yet I wish there were another two levels at least. For beginners or for people who just want an 'easy ride', this is a great product. For those of us with stronger legs, I'd say 'look elsewhere'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice little bike, 9 Feb 2011
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)
This bike is really nice and very easy to set up. My only complaint would be that the seat dosen't come down far enought for someone who is under 5ft 3in my husband was able to drill an extra hole so now i have no problem reaching the peddles with comfort.

This bike is so easy to move about and folding up is very handy i would recommend this bike to first time buyers as a good start to exercising the more experienced may find it a bit basic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for change of routine, 25 Jun 2011
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)
I'm very pleased with this purchase. Super-fast delivery (ordered Saturday afternoon, delivered Wednesday) almost caught us out, but luckily we were at home. The bike feels solid, and is stable in use. Good quality finish, even the bolts. Footprint when folded is 13 1/2" X 17", height 52", so I find it fits in a closet after pushing some hangers aside. This bike differs from what you ride in a gym in two respects: it is silent, and you can listen even to quiet classical music while riding; and the maximum resistance is nowhere near as strong. As someone else said, this bike is not for fit athletes. I'm not athletic. My "problem" is that my heart seems to be fitter than my legs, and even at the maximum resistance, to get my heart rate up to the recommended beneficial level requires pedalling faster than my 61 year old legs want to go. I rate it 4 instead of 5 for that reason. Still, with my jog having slowed to a shuffle now, this bike is a good choice for a change of my routine, and I'm already feeling the benefit of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars First 24 hours with the product, 3 April 2014
Overall first impressions:
It's a very sturdy, well constructed bike. Easy to put together and move about.
I bought this bike largely because of it's very favourable reviews and I am very pleased with this product. I will update this review once I have had some use from the bike and have fully tested it, but for now I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product.

Packaging:
Securely packaged, no faults here.

Assembly.
Fairly easy. The majority of the bike comes ready assembled, all I had to do was attach the feet and pedals, seat and handlebars. The seat needs attaching to the neck, which then needs attaching to the pre assmebled bike, all very easy. The cycle computer is already attached to the handlebars so all you need to do is attach it to the bike, plug in the computer (which runs on 2x AAA batteries) and you are good to go.
You are given an Allan key and a spanner to assist you in assembly.
The instructions aren't great. It's in booklet form, so no lost pages. The text and pictures are really small and the quality of print looks more like a fax. So I ended up squinting at the page for a few minutes, making sure I was attaching the correct nuts and bolts.

Ease of moving from room to room:
I assembled this in the living room then carried it upstairs. It is lighter than it looks, but bulky, so just a little awkward moving it by myself.

Ease of use:
I've only used it for 10 minutes so far (I only got it yesterday), the lowest setting is really low, virtually no resistance. So for warming up / down, I think I'll go for a setting maybe 2 - 3 higher. The cycle computer has various readings: KM 'travelled', speed, ODO (total distance travelled), calories burned and heart rate. You can have these on a 'static' display or you can opt to have it go through them one after the other on a loop.

Storage:
Folded up this bike takes up very little space, I've currently got mine standing infront of a 50cm wide Ikea wardrobe. It has a simple locking mechanism - a pin that you pull out, fold the bike up and re-insert the pin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value bike!!, 7 Aug 2011
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)
I needed a bike for Physio, having had a major op on my Achilles tendon, so I didn't want to pay too much money, but needed one with a computer. This bike far exceeded my expectations. It was easy to build (so my dad says!) & it's big enough to feel stable & solid, yet compact enough for it to sit happily in one corner of my not very big lounge. The computer functionality is great - measures time, heart rate, distance & rpm - all of which are critical for me to know at the moment. I would recommend this bike to anyone - in fact, my Physio has asked me for the details so he can give to other patients!

5.0 out of 5 stars good bike for the money, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)
recommend this bike , sturdy and very good value , i saw a few reveiws about it not being any good for shorter people well i am 5ft 2in and i can reach the pedals and cycle with ease

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little bike, 17 Feb 2011
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)
Decent little bike. Took me about 45 mins to assemble dead easy to do and instructions altho not comprehensive where fine to follow.

Sturdy design and alto not the nest finish in the world, decent for the price.

best thing about this is its silent. totally silent when being used.

Seat is a bit uncomfortable but I guess a cushion will sort that out. And I'm sure some of the most expensive bikes still have uncomfortable seats :P

Folds away great for storage

I don't know how intensive the lvl8 intensity is as that not a lvl I can do. I'm starting on lvl 3 as thats fine for me to start on to build up some leg muscle. a good starting bike to for its price.

Very impressed

4.0 out of 5 stars A success, 4 Mar 2011
This review is from: Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike (Sports)
I have never used an exercise bike before, but after a skiing accident, I was advised to start cycling and so I decided to spend the money on an exercise bike and not on a gym; I prefer to make a fool of myself in private. There was a huge range of price and type so I decided to have a collapsible bike, for storage purposes and choose something cheapish, so that if the whole thing proved to be a disaster (me , not the bike), I was not going to be too much out of pocket. If it was a success, I could upgrade later, if necessary.

It has been a huge success. Plus points 1. Easy to assemble. 2. Sturdy. 3. Good instruction manual for the beginner. 4. Does the job. Minus points 1. A bit cumbersome, but as it is solid, it must be a bit unwieldy anyway. 2. Makes strange noises sometimes when pedaling, and there seems to be no service manual about lubrication points. 3. Saddle is uncomfortable, but I do possess a cushion. 4. The manual was for a different version of the read out screen than mine. Suggestions. 1. Give a summary at the end of the session, such as average speed, average pulse rate etc. All in all, I am really pleased, and would rate this four and a half stars.

Ultrasport Exercise Bike F-Bike