Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 January 2011
I like to think of myself as a bit of a connoisseur of musicals and was just looking for a new soundtrack to get to know. I'm so glad I chose Addams Family! In some ways it's very typical of musicals (I can hear hints of Witches of Eastwick, Chicago and others) but the lyrics are just so different it twists the whole thing into something brand new. My favourite numbers so far are "One Normal Night", "Death Is Just Around the Corner" and "Live Before We Die". Lots of brilliant voices and the chorus numbers are massive, love them.
on 20 October 2014
Fantastic, funny, great sing along after listening had ear worms all day - wish Andrew Lippa would put more CDs up for listening to. Had to be careful where I sang - as singing "Death is just around the Corner" was a bit risky at my mother in laws house! I need to see the musical now - anyone know where this is possible?
on 18 May 2016
Exactly what was expected
on 25 October 2011
I found this to be a musical which hearkened back to an old style musical. Melodies you could sing along to and easy to remember plus a recognisable and easy story line to follow! Meaning no sub plots no depth! A winner !!!!

Sadly I listened to this 3 times and then put it away on the shelf to gather dust! Its not a WICKED, LES MISERABLES, CABARET, OR PHANTOM OF THE OPERA! Just the music itself is just a romp in basic harmony there are no surprises in the music! Or for that matter the plot! If you want a musical to listen to in the car, and have the children sing along with the CD this is possible one! But also have Oklohama, Seven Brides for Seven Bros., The Sound of Music and South Pacific as a good back up! Good listening !
on 10 September 2010
On the whole there are some great songs in this show. It's fun and camp and that's what it should be about. The best songs go to Wednesday- 'Pulled', 'One normal Night' and the fantastic ' Crazier than You' which I can't get out of my head. Many of the other songs follow standard musical theatre styles but there has been a real effort to personalise the styles for the characters and the humour underneath the lyrics and melodies is both glaring and subtle. The voice of Fester is fantastic and really is a highlight of the disc. Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth are excellent in the main roles. There has been criticism that Broadway has sold out to the commercialism of the tourist in producing this show, however, I think it is great. My only criticism is really that the last 4 tracks are all fairly slow and tend to slow the show down ( on CD) it perhaps would have been better to wind up the tempo with a reprise of one of the faster tracks. But definitely worth the money!
on 5 June 2014
I enjoyed this musical immensely. The musical is very original and the dialogue full of humour. Would recommend this CD to anyone who loves musicals
on 12 November 2013
Loved this CD. Fantastic recording of a great musical. Would recommend it highly to anybody - very fun soundtrack excellently performed.
on 1 January 2013
I only came across this Album after Paul o'Grady entered the initial lines. Where has Andrew Lippa been all my life? Loved everything from the music, the pathos to the lyrics. Haven't had a play album over and over again, seems like forever, but this one filled a spot!.
on 28 March 2014
Great show, great soundtrack. Makes you want to go and see the show at some point in your life.
Terrific
on 20 April 2014
gave me a good in sight about the songs in this new musical as my local musical society are putting it on in march next year ~ 2015 in Solihull