on 4 November 2010
An excellent introduction to Final Cut Pro 7

Well laid out content and written in a style which is not too 'tech-ey' (which is quite an achievement bearing in mind how 'tech-ey' Final Cut Pro is!!)

I have come to Final Cut Pro with little expererience with video editing software (just a basic grasp of iMovie) and this book has guided me through the process very well thus far . . .

Only reason I haven't given '5-stars' is that I have not yet completed my first project through to 'Output' so have yet to confirm the same quality for this stage of the process . .
on 27 April 2011
For someone with a fairly low threshold for boredom and concentration span this book is a real boon. This book WILL enable you to pick up the basics of FCP and once you've done (or at least off-lined) a project using this book, it will be up to you to get into more advanced material. FCP usually has around 3 different methods of undertaking any function and this presents them succinctly each time - up to you which is your preferred method. Sure, the book is not massively in depth and won't problem solve every difficulty you'll encounter, but you can always refer to the official manual or Apple forums for that. The author is a real fan of the application and his enthusiasm for teaching others is evident throughout. Get it, get started and you will find (which I was surprised by) that editing can actually be fun. Well, most of it anyway...
on 23 January 2013
Rick Young is a great speaker on video subjects and has produced an excellent book on a subject he knows well. It's clear, easy to read and well laid out so you can find what you need quickly. On such a complex subject, you might want another book or two but this book is on my desk all the time when I am editing being so easy to use and practical. It's small and neat and highly recommended. A great book! Well done, Rick!