5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money
Like many I purchased this battery because I cannot bring myself to pay 5x more for the original Sony. Delivery was quick but that's not what people are interested in hearing. What's it perform like.

Published on 24 Jun. 2012 by Mr. M. Cheung

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough. Don't bother buying this
The Sony original battery is rated 1650mAh, this is supposed to be 2100mAh and yet lasts half as long as my 6 year-old Sony version. Not good enough. Don't bother buying this.
Published 27 days ago by Peter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 24 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Maxsimafoto® - High Power, 2100mAh, NP-FM500H, NP-FM500 Compatible Battery for SONY Alpha a77, a57, a65, a200, a300, a350, a450, a500, a550, a560, a700, a850, a900. (Electronics)

Well firstly I was pleasantly surprised to find it was fully charged when I plugged it into my Sony A77. I thought maybe it was a mistake and it was just wrongly reporting the status. That's how much confidence I had in the battery. Then after a few test shots and leaving the camera on to see how quickly it drained I started to suspect the battery was faulty because it was still reporting 100%. So i turned off the power saving and went into the shower. Thankfully when I came out it was reporting 97% instead. Result. Battery is OK.

I used it yesterday as my first battery when shooting a wedding and it lasted well. I managed to take over 350 shots RAW+JPG whilst leaving the camera on most of the time before the symbol to change came on. I did note though that the percentage seemed to drop from 20% to battery low symbol. Not sure how many more I could squeeze out before it would have given up but I didn't have the time to push it further.

Sure some will say that the Sony will probably last longer and that in a couple of years the cheap clones won't work but they miss the point. I need multiple batteries to keep me going during the day. I doubt the original Sony will outlast 5 of these cheap clones and even if one breaks, it's easily disposed of and I don't need to think too much about buying another.

I did pop a multimeter across the terminals purely for interest and it does report less voltage when fully charged than the original Sony but at the end of the day we have to judge it by if the battery works and how it performs.

And if those are the criteria then for around a tenner it certainly represents excellent value. I'm going to order another now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy Sony Battery, 3 Oct. 2011
...but buy this one. Much cheaper and works just as well. Holds charge at least the same as the Sony original and charges up in the same amount of time. Superb

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Backup Battery, 28 Jan. 2013
Basically an affordable backup battery rather than a main stream badged product and while you only get what you pay for I believe that sometimes an official product is simply too much to pay.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cost effective replacement, 24 Dec. 2012
Mr D (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
Does exactly what it says on the tin, however it does to quite have the staying power of the original battery. But happy to pay a LOT less for a little less power.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 7 Dec. 2012
Ideal battery, works well, last a reasonable amount of time without paying silly Sony prices, much better than expected for the price

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says, 18 April 2012
Good price works perfectly in my Sony Alpha 550 You cannot tell the difference between the Sony and the Maxim

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as original, 25 Jun. 2014
Gary J. Hunter "Family Hunter" (Malta, EU) - See all my reviews
better specs than the one that came with the camera. havent had time to check the lifetime between charges yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars it does his job, 9 Jun. 2014
It does what is expectable for a battery, to put the camera working, and so far there is nothing to dislike with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it, 3 Dec. 2013
Non standard Sony product that works just as well as the original.
I would not hesitate in using this make again

5.0 out of 5 stars A very suitable product and an exact specification for a Sony Alpha A700, 29 Nov. 2013
Works perfectly and real value for money when comparing with other manufacturers products. Difficult to understand why other manufacturers products are so much more expensive?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›