5.0 out of 5 stars All the fun of the seaside but in your garden.
I always wanted a sand pit when I was young so when my nephew reached the grand old age of 1 we thought what would be better for Easter, a horrible chocolate egg or a sand pit, as you can guess we went for the sand pit.

Published on 9 Jun 2012 by Mr. N. Rudd

1.0 out of 5 stars Bit dissapointed to be honest...
Published 3 months ago by Emma Peace

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars All the fun of the seaside but in your garden., 9 Jun 2012
Mr. N. Rudd (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plum Square Outdoor Play Wooden Sand Pit (Toy)

First up, the wood is of good quality and although not perfectly smooth wasn't rough sawn timber. It is really simple to assemble only needing to be slotted together to form the sides and a couple of screws for each of the 2 seats. Once assembled it's quite sturdy, simply choose a place in the garden, put down the ground sheet that's supplied, place the assembled sand pit on top and fill with play sand (unfortunately not supplied). In terms of sand we feel it needs about 8x 2.5KG bags. When not in use it comes with a handy cover which features elastic at the corners for a snug fit but we also place a couple of blocks (like the ones you use on your drive) which keeps the cover secure in high winds.

Before letting my nephew lose I first sanded and painted the sand pit (see my uploaded photo) which not only protects the wood but makes it look a lot nicer in the garden.

All in all we're very happy with the sand pit as is my nephew, now we've just got to teach him to build sand castles and not keep knocking them down.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bit dissapointed to be honest..., 16 May 2014
This review is from: Plum Square Outdoor Play Wooden Sand Pit (Toy)
After purchasing Plum products before and being very pleased, this sandpit was a bit of a disappointment. If it had not been a birthday present for our 3 year old we may have sent it back. It does not look as robust as the picture given and we could have made a better one ourselves for the same cost, if not cheaper. It has not rigid floor to it so the sand is on whatever surface you place it on and the cover is very flimsy, we have had to construct a sturdier plywood cover to prevent cats or the wind/rain getting in.
would not recommend this to other parents, not great Plum :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Plum Square Outdoor Play Wooden Sand Pit (Toy)
I bought this in good faith. The cover does not work at all, it's too big and does not look like the photo whatsoever. I have been unable to contact amazon with a photo to show them the huge pooL of water that gathers and the bricks we have to use to stop the cover blowing away. Oh and the rain still gets in and spills out the bottom so wasting sand. Do not buy this. Have had no response from Plum or AMAZon about my refund which I'm still waiting for. They actually wanted me to send it back !?!? but there's no email address to contact amazon. PLEASE REFUND, COLLECT IT IF YOU WANT IT BACK…

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, but needs a better base and cover., 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: Plum Square Outdoor Play Wooden Sand Pit (Toy)
good sturdy sides and seat for kids to sit on, however base and cover and useless. cover blows away in anything more than a breeze.

3.0 out of 5 stars USELESS COVER, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Plum Square Outdoor Play Wooden Sand Pit (Toy)
the sandpit is great and was easy to assemble. The cover is useless/diabolical! A puff of wind dislodges it and nothing we have found keeps it in place. Any ideas that have proved successful most gratefully received.

3.0 out of 5 stars Our's has lasted 4 years and a house move, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Plum Square Outdoor Play Wooden Sand Pit (Toy)
We bought this sandpit when my son was 2, he is 6 next month. It has survived four years of British weather and the wood hasn't rotted.

Yes the bottom liner isn't great, but we had some black weed liner left over and used that, stapled it into the inside of the wood creating a water tight seal. The sand last's year after year, well what doesn't get chucked on the lawn by my second child. We have only ever had to top it up with one fresh bag a year.

The only thing that seem's to have worn is the cover, we have had to buy a replacement once in those four years as once it gets weathered it get's very thin and rips easily.

We even moved house after a few months of getting the sand pit and it has been in our current garden ever since.

My children have loved it and the seat edges are nice for the adults to sit along to help dig yet another tunnel in the sand.

This will be our last year with it as our youngest will be four next year and by then he will be on to whatever his big brother is in to. However, it will have more life in it and we will pass it on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Plum Square Outdoor Play Wooden Sand Pit (Toy)
Bought this last year and it wasn't much good. Selected product as it said it had a covered top which was the main selling point. Top was useless, it wasn't well fitted, and blew off at the first gust of wind. We did try to buy something to stick it down but it didn't work. The base was material and not what I expected. Now looking at an alternative sandpit with a hard covered roof

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandpit, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Plum Square Outdoor Play Wooden Sand Pit (Toy)
Brilliant the children played for hours

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with our sand pit, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Plum Square Outdoor Play Wooden Sand Pit (Toy)
Very happy with our sand pit, kids have plenty of room. Cover needs weighed down to stay on but a good quality.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Plum Square Outdoor Play Wooden Sand Pit (Toy)
We thought the pit was well made.difficult knowing amount of sand needed.but got it sorted..

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›