5.0 out of 5 stars appears very sturdy
Published on 22 Jun 2011 by charliekiah

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed in product design
I only have one complaint about this product and it might just be down to a quality control issue.

After fitting the case to the handlebars of my motorcycle I then tightened the brass set screw which is designed to hold the unit in position. The plastic cracked away from around the brass threaded insert into which the set screw fits.
The unit is now not...
Published on 4 July 2012 by Terry

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars appears very sturdy, 22 Jun 2011
This review is from: Arkon Bike Motorcycle Motorbike Handlebar Mount Waterproof Water Resistant Case and Holder for GPS Sat Nav Devices (Electronics)
i spent a lot of time comparing similar products and this one certainly seemed good value. I took a risk getting an item that was as yet un-reviewed but i have to say it has paid off. I ordered this on monday morning and it arrived on tuesday, so that was a good start. I unpacked the product and realised that i would indeed fit my widescreen garmin nuvi 1300. I put in the inserts to make it up to the screen. Its not as easy to touch as the screen on its own but it certainly still works through the waterproof plastic. The handle bar mount can be detached from the case in one of two ways, either by the clip or the ram part however when these are attached they feel very sturdy and secure (something i was worried may not be the case after reading reviews of similar type products by other manufacturers). Only problem would be that the whole for a charging cable is nowhere near where it goes on the satnav but i understand that this is the case with many of these products. I have not actually taken this out on the road yet but i have every confidence that it will work when i do. i will post another review with the outcome of the roadtest but thus far, thumbs up for this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arkon GPS032, 24 Jun 2011
I've had a number of solutions to carrying GPS on a motorcycle and this is the best one. The features I rate are:
1]Satnav fits snugly in case using supplied spacers 2] water resistant 'hole' in base allows my TomTom 550 lead to come out and be plugged into cigarette lighter 3] The fixing is excellent - easy to attach firmly to handle bars and the quick release for the case itself is easy to use and holds the satnav firmly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Arkon Bike Mount for GPS, 8 Jun 2012
First of all, top marks to Buybits. Ordered late on Tuesday night, by 7.30am next morning email to say order had been despatched and arrived next day.

So the product....
Upon opening the package the mounts look solid although I would be carefull not to overtighten the bolts, it fits the handle bars snug, the pouch for the gps again feels pretty solid and it is very easy to use.
I dropped a star for one reason only, that is my sat nav is a Garmin nuvi 215 and if I just put it in and zip up it moves around inside, a bit of foam and scissors and I have made a foam insert to keep it in one place, perhaps the makers could include a piece of foam to cut out!
On the bike it performs well, very visible, the touch screen works no problem and in the heavy rain I cycled 8 miles through, seem to keep all the water out.
On the whole it is what I wanted and thus far very pleased with it, looks good feels good and only time will see how well it perfoms.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed in product design, 4 July 2012

The unit is now not secure by design and I need to devise another way of securing it rather than lose a very expensive sat nav unit in transit!!

Not a happy bunny.

5.0 out of 5 stars a first class product, 10 Sep 2011
Arkon bike sat nav

mount,this product turned out to be of a very good quality, plus it is very keenly priced. I purchased it for a honda deauville motorcycle but it can fit a huge range of motorcycles or indeed most normal bicyles. I would have no reservations in recommending this product.

yours faithfully S.J.Dowling

5.0 out of 5 stars Arkon Bike Motorcycle Motorbike Handlebar Mount Waterproof Water Resistant Satnav Holder, 27 Jan 2014
A Goodall "A Goodall" (UK) - See all my reviews
An absolute boon. I lost a 90 satnav when it danced off the handlebars and this product solves that issue very nicely. Not the strongest construction available, but at one third of the price, definitely okay. Some condensation present in the mornings but a quick wipe and this is solved.

4.0 out of 5 stars Saves having to buy purposed motorcycle satnav, 19 Mar 2014
PRO:
I bought this and fits perfectly with TomTom Live 820 (4.3" screen)
The clasp fits standard handle bars using all the additional packing.
The neck is partially adjustable to angle satnav on most parts of the bars in order to see properly while riding.
Saves having to buy a motorcycle satnav

CON:
The neck needs some keen fastening as vibration can loosen it, this needs to be tempered as it is all plastic and risks breaking if tightened too much. Checks when you take break will mitigate this
There is no sunshield - so on a bright day you may struggle (most motorcycle satnavs have addressed this - but this is about saving money) I mitigated this with some black plastic from the back of a flip file and some black tape

The zip is rubberised so I assume it does resist water, but not had a wet ride yet. touch screen works through the cover and is pro as I can now use with gloves on.
Good for the price to solve and otherwise expensive problem. I used to put my savnav in the top of a tank bag but it would rattle around etc. so pretty happy result.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value!, 17 Jan 2014
Mr. Colin J. Macdonald (Dundee, UK.) - See all my reviews
Not as good as the real thing but is a cheap and reasonably practical way of using your car sat nav on the bike.
Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 9 Jan 2014
chose this for my road quad so i could use my sat nav, the mount is great quality and the filler pads work fab as it allows me to use put my iPhone in when im not using my sastnav, def recomend

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for 4 days......, 26 Dec 2013
.....and then the zip broke. Unfortunately I was in a downpour in the Pyrenees at the time. I suspect you get what you pay for - did a short term job for me but quality poor.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›