on 22 June 2011
i spent a lot of time comparing similar products and this one certainly seemed good value. I took a risk getting an item that was as yet un-reviewed but i have to say it has paid off. I ordered this on monday morning and it arrived on tuesday, so that was a good start. I unpacked the product and realised that i would indeed fit my widescreen garmin nuvi 1300. I put in the inserts to make it up to the screen. Its not as easy to touch as the screen on its own but it certainly still works through the waterproof plastic. The handle bar mount can be detached from the case in one of two ways, either by the clip or the ram part however when these are attached they feel very sturdy and secure (something i was worried may not be the case after reading reviews of similar type products by other manufacturers). Only problem would be that the whole for a charging cable is nowhere near where it goes on the satnav but i understand that this is the case with many of these products. I have not actually taken this out on the road yet but i have every confidence that it will work when i do. i will post another review with the outcome of the roadtest but thus far, thumbs up for this product.
on 8 June 2012
First of all, top marks to Buybits. Ordered late on Tuesday night, by 7.30am next morning email to say order had been despatched and arrived next day.

So the product....
Upon opening the package the mounts look solid although I would be carefull not to overtighten the bolts, it fits the handle bars snug, the pouch for the gps again feels pretty solid and it is very easy to use.
I dropped a star for one reason only, that is my sat nav is a Garmin nuvi 215 and if I just put it in and zip up it moves around inside, a bit of foam and scissors and I have made a foam insert to keep it in one place, perhaps the makers could include a piece of foam to cut out!
On the bike it performs well, very visible, the touch screen works no problem and in the heavy rain I cycled 8 miles through, seem to keep all the water out.
On the whole it is what I wanted and thus far very pleased with it, looks good feels good and only time will see how well it perfoms.
on 24 June 2011
I've had a number of solutions to carrying GPS on a motorcycle and this is the best one. The features I rate are:
1]Satnav fits snugly in case using supplied spacers 2] water resistant 'hole' in base allows my TomTom 550 lead to come out and be plugged into cigarette lighter 3] The fixing is excellent - easy to attach firmly to handle bars and the quick release for the case itself is easy to use and holds the satnav firmly.
on 4 July 2012
I only have one complaint about this product and it might just be down to a quality control issue.

After fitting the case to the handlebars of my motorcycle I then tightened the brass set screw which is designed to hold the unit in position. The plastic cracked away from around the brass threaded insert into which the set screw fits.
The unit is now not secure by design and I need to devise another way of securing it rather than lose a very expensive sat nav unit in transit!!

Not a happy bunny.
on 10 September 2011
Arkon bike sat nav

mount,this product turned out to be of a very good quality, plus it is very keenly priced. I purchased it for a honda deauville motorcycle but it can fit a huge range of motorcycles or indeed most normal bicyles. I would have no reservations in recommending this product.

yours faithfully S.J.Dowling
on 27 January 2014
An absolute boon. I lost a £90 satnav when it danced off the handlebars and this product solves that issue very nicely. Not the strongest construction available, but at one third of the price, definitely okay. Some condensation present in the mornings but a quick wipe and this is solved.
on 10 June 2015
Bought this recently as was going on a trip to Northumberland and the Scottish borders. The bracket was easy to fit to my Triumph Tiger 800 handlebars and using the sponge spacers provided my Tomtom XL satnav fitted snugly inside the case. The usb lead was a snug fit into the case and didn't budge at all or come loose during 500 miles of riding. Wearing summer gloves only I found I could operate the touchscreen through the case with only the occasional having to push a few times to operate the screen. My only criticism is that on a bright day the screen is hard to see, I had the brightness on full and this didn't make much difference, tried angling the unit down a touch on the handlebars but again, still hard to see the screen clearly, I guess this is the case even with proper bike satnavs. If the case had a built in sun visor I don't know if this would help but overall the product is fit purpose, I didn't use the little brass securing screw, just clamped satnav in case onto the mounted bracket and off I went, it didn't bounce around or fall off at all, a great budget way of using satnav on your motorcycle.
on 3 June 2013
I bought this for my TomTom XL IQ & HTC Sensation XE to go on my 2012 Ducati Monster 696+.

The mount is very good, holds on to handle bar very tightly and didn't move at high speed. Also he holder comes with x3 filling pads, when using the TomTom I simply removed the filling pads allowing the my TomTom to fit in nicely; and when using my Phone, I fill the holder with the provided filling pads which allows the Phone to be up close to the clear plastic. The clear plastic is well made and I didn't loose the touch sensitivity when using my TomTom and Phone through it. The 360* rotation makes it easier to set it portrait or landscape and also helps to position the charging cable so it doesn't get caught anywhere during turns; also helps with adjusting angles when the sunlight makes it harder to see the screen. The holder isn't that bulky which makes it easier to install and it doesn't block the instrument panel on the bike.

Arkon do say that this case is waterproof, I am yet to test it in rainy weather, once I have will update the review.

As this has worked so well on my motorbike, I am sure it will work equally well on a bicycle which I will be trying soon.

So Overall... It is...
Easy to install
Holds SatNav & Phone (using filling pads)
Good built quality & well priced
360* Rotation make it easier to angle
Not bulky
on 3 March 2016
The case seems well-made and comes with 3 different inserts of different depths to push the screen forward to the front and has a cut-out at the bottom for the USB power cable to go through. The problem is it doesn't fit the TomTom Go5000 as it's not quite wide enough.You can just about get the SatNav in but it's tilted on an angle inside the case making it difficult to see and to use. It just needed to be about 1cm wider. I didn't unwrap the holder but it seemed a bit cheap looking, though I'm sure it'll do the job.
VINE VOICEon 11 April 2015
This is a very nice and good quality product. It fits my TomTom Start and also my new Nokia Lumia 930 phone easily and should be fine for larger SatNavs. It comes with some hard foam padding pieces that you can use as inserts. For example I put them in to make up the bulk so my phone sits flush inside the zippered container. My one criticism is that the clear plastic screen is not reflection resistant or that scratch proof so in bright sunlight directly on the satnav it can be hard to see the screen and I have noticed a couple of scratches on the plastic screen in bright sunlight. But at this price so what. I works very well attaches easily and is robust and good value

If this review was helpful please click the yes button