5.0 out of 5 stars Very Different to her other Albums!
First of all alot say she is trying to be like "Lady Gaga" I wouldn't say so, I think that she has chosen this Style to be Erotica, Her Image Reminds me of Madonna mostly.

Published on 1 July 2010 by Mapoo

2.0 out of 5 stars More Moronic Than Bionic
Published 1 month ago by Mr. Iain R. Wear

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Different to her other Albums!, 1 July 2010
Mapoo (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)

I will admit that the Album takes quite abit of listening to, to grow on you, well it did me, i'm a huge fan of Xtina but this Album I needed to give a listen a few times. I think the sound is very strange for Xtina everybody has been use to the great Pop sounds from her, but this one is more different.

If you are going to get the Album I reccomend the "Deluxe Edition" for the Extra 5 songs, plus the Cd cover is great, comes with a "Hologram picture" Showing Xtina with no Robot face, then if you turn to side abit the Robot side appears.

If you are a Xtina fan you will deffinatly Buy this.

I can say I actually like the Album now.

4.0 out of 5 stars This album is a grower, 7 Jun. 2010
Gemma ""Music is Me"" (Erith, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The styled and polished vocal gymnastics that the general public would normally expect from Christina Aguilera are, in my opinion missing from this album. That is not to say that i wouldn't recommend you purchase Bionic, however if you're expecting something sleek like Back to Basics - you will have a big shock.

I would be lying if i said i wasn't a little disappointed when having a full listen to the tracks the first time round. This is simply because, some of the tracks seem to be lacking any emotion and could have been produced and performed by any girl who can hold a tune. 'Elastic Love' is a good example being one of the weaker tracks. 'Glam' again is not a great song for Christina to showcase her abilities, however it is quite a fun song for all those girls out there who identify with the glamorous lifestyle!

Stand out tracks are 'Bionic' which packs quite a punch. It's different, but it's catchy. The single 'Not Myself Tonight' which as we already know is a good pop song. Slightly more on the dancey side of things. 'Woohoo' took a couple of listens before i could appriciate the song as a whole, but this is a definate grower. We won't go into the subject of the song though! 'Vanity' is a really fun - if explicit - song. I found myself listening to this half in shock and half in hysterics. I'm still not sure exacly how i feel about this song, but i do know that it's just a bit of fun.

Christina goes back to her spanish roots with Desnudate. A good little dancey track with traces of spanish language throughout. I can't help but feel that 'Bobblehead' is a direct swipe at Britney Spears, simply because it sounds like 'Toy Soliders' and refers to girls acting dumb to get what they want.. remind you of anyone?? Maybe that's just my perception!

The ballards on this album are good. 'You Lost Me' is the big ballard of the album and is a really emotional story of heartbreak and lose. 'Stronger Than Ever' is a little more gritty, but is just as punchy. 'Lift Me Up' was the first song to be heard from Bionic, as it was one of the songs for Haiti's chairty event. I think this is one of the ballards which least suits Christina's previous style. 'All I Need' is a song dedicated to Christina's son. Any fans of Zero 7 and Sia will recognise the musical arrangements of this song. Very Sia-esque! But very beautiful.

As the title of this review states, i truly believe this album will not knock you out on the first listen, or even the second or third - but give it a chance and realise that Christina is a very talented creature. It would be too easy to stick to a tried and tested formula and by know we should know that with a new album comes a brand new Christina. This album has only been available for one day and already i like it much more that this morning. As i said - it's a grower

5.0 out of 5 stars Xtina's best album yet!, 3 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)
I was amazed by this CD from the first listen. I think motherhood and change of life priorities are doing Xtina the greatest kind of good. This album is different from any of her previous work although you can still find plenty of moving balads we are used to from Xtina. I would recommend this CD to everyone. It's the right mix of Electro/Dance/Pop and something spicy on the top of it. X

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy dance vibes make good strong return, 3 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)
Four years since the release of her last album `Back to Basics' Christina Aguilera returns with a sharp album that blends pop with electro and strong vibes that diversifies the singer's talents more than ever before.

Through various mediums the album has been heavily praised yet heavily criticized.

Comparing to her other albums this is the biggest step into the electric pop vibe, which has advantages and disadvantages. For one the last track on this 2010 album `Vanity' has a very good heavy beating backing but opens with this sentence "I'm not cocky, I just love myself" which from a serious artist such as Christina does not sound right.

This consistent blunt honesty is apparent in many tracks and whilst the artist has never been afraid to push boundaries even this time it seems too eccentric. Songs such as `Sex for breakfast' and `I hate boys' don't feel right, the lyrics mixed with the hefty dance rift doesn't mix.

There are however many positives from this album. Her second single "You lost me" is one of her best ever songs, and that is no exaggeration. The slow moving back track mixed with her passionate singing feels so genuine you may get caught up in the moment and personally, I think it is her best ever ballad. The ballads are all very strong `Life me up' is also very powerful and `All I need' is perfectly soft and gentle for the lyrics

The tracks are mostly dance tracks and have the right attitude that reminds us all of the `Fighter'. Songs that stick with you are the bouncy abrupt `Elastic love' and the openly idealistic first single `Not myself tonight' which came with a very strong video that many launched criticisms for her comparison to Lady Gaga.

The argument that Christina was mimicking anyone were ridiculous considering Christina has been doing this stuff for years, but is disappointing being in Gaga's shadow.

However with this album there is great hope for the future. The meaningful ballads are still strong and this merge more away from pop into dance should prove interesting and hopefully Christina can prove all doubters wrong.

This is an album worth checking out.

7/10

2.0 out of 5 stars More Moronic Than Bionic, 17 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)
It’s been a while since Christina Aguilera’s last studio album, 2006’s “Back to Basics”. She’s not been idle in the intervening four years, however, with a greatest hits package and her first child coming along in that time. Nevertheless, four years is an awful long time in pop music. Britney Spears can go through 673 marriages and annulments in that time, or Lady Gaga could have had 210,000 costume changes. It appears to be the latter act that has permeated Aguilera’s thinking and thus influenced the course of this album. Not, I might add, for the better.

I accept and realise that re-invention and progression are the cornerstones of longevity in pop music. After all, Madonna has done it with almost every album she has released and Kylie has certainly moved on from her Stock, Aitken, Waterman “I used to be Charlene in ‘Neighbours’” days. However, Aguilera’s move from 40s style icon on “Back to Basics” to her “Bionic” sound looks to be the most ill-advised image re-invention since Britney Spears went from pop princess to drug-addled baldy.

Quite frankly, this is a pretty awful album. It’s taken Aguilera on a brave new direction, but it’s not a terribly original direction. I know there has been some controversy with fans of Lady Gaga and Christine Aguilera each claiming that the other has been copying their favourite, but although Aguilera may have decided on the direction first, the crucial first release was Lady Gaga’s. If nothing else, the timing makes “Bionic” sound like a version of Lady Gaga’s work for the most part and, it has to be said, not a terribly accomplished version.

There are some stand out tracks on the album, but they are all the ones where Aguilera drops the synth-pop and goes back to showcasing her incredible vocal talents on the ballads. Admittedly, there’s nothing here quite as powerful as “Beautiful”, but a couple of them come very close. Sadly, these songs ruined the rest of the album for me, as they stuck out so much that nothing else was going to compare favourably to them and particularly not the sub-standard songs contained elsewhere on the album.

At an hour in length and featuring 18 tracks, including those pointless intros, you do get a lot of music for your money, but you don’t get an awful lot of good music. If ever an album has shown how great an advance being able to select individual tracks is over having to sit through an entire album, Christina Aguilera’s “Bionic” is the one.

This review may also appear, in whole or in part, under my name at any or all of www.ciao.co.uk, www.thebookbag.co.uk, www.goodreads.com, www.amazon.co.uk and www.dooyoo.co.uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Why All The Negative Press, 15 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)
The Voice Is Back With Her First Studio Album In 4 Years, And During Her Absence Lady Gaga Has Conquered The Charts Whilst Music Itself Has Moved On, Thus So Has Christina With Her Most Diverse, And Population Splitting Album To Date.

Bionic - Catchy As Anything Gone Before, With A Great Futuristic Feel - 5/5
Not Myself Tonight - Not The Best, Shouldn't Have Been A Single But Still Good - 4/5
WooHoo - A Fun Track With Rising Star Nicki, Creating A Light Hearted Piece Of Pop - 4/5
Elastic Love - One Of The Most Unique Tracks, With A Great Chorus - 5/5
Desnudate - With Spanish Influences, This Track Is Catchy With A Great Hook - 5/5
Glam - A Rumoured Homage To 'Vogue', A Track That Isn't That Good And Seems Slightly Immature - 3/5
Prima Donna - A Great Track For The Disco With A Sing-Alongable Chorus - Awesome - 5/5
Morning Dessert/Sex For Breakfast - A Gorgeous Ballad With Another Great Hook - 5/5
Lift Me Up - Inspirational Masterpiece - 5/5
All I Need - A Weak Ballad In Comparison To The Others, But Still A Lovely Song - 4/5
I Am - With Hints Of Futuristic Style Thrown Into A Gorgeous Ballad Resulting In A Top Class Ballad - 5/5
You Lost Me - The Best Track On The Standard Edition - Truly Beautiful - 5/5
I Hate Boys - Immature Track, Not The Best - 3/5
My Girls - I Don't Like This One Too Much But Still Above Average - 3/5
Vanity - Very Tongue In Cheek And Out There But Truly Memorable - Love It As A Guilty Pleasure - 5/5
Monday Morning - Funky And Original Track Which Is Actually Quite Memorable - 5/5
Bobblehead - A Whole Lotta Noise - Worst Track On Whole Album - 2/5
Birds Of Prey - Different And Anthemic - 5/5
Stronger Than Ever - Best Song On Whole Album - This Is One Of Her Best Tracks Ever - 5/5

Overall, Apart From A Few Duds That Are Found On Most Albums Nowadays This Is A Great Collection, A Colletion Sadly Overlooked By Many, A Great Shame As It Really Is A Great Album

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't give up!, 11 Jun. 2010
A great Christina follower since the smash hit 'Dirty' I was very excited to purchase this album on the day of release. I must admit I agree with the above comment I was slightly dissapointed when I first listened to the cd after waiting so long for the album. However after listening through it a few times in the car I am thrilled to say that I have been converted.

The album has a great mix of electro pop/dance tracks mixed with slow soulful ballards. Its great for listening too whether your in a mellow, chilled out mood or about to go on a girls night out.

The best tracks have to be the ones at the beginning and the end of disk 1. 'Bionic' is a great kick start to the album and is quite far off from anything Christina has ever done before. 'Not myself tonight' is a fab first single and I can't wait to hear it in the clubs. Towards the end of the first disk is ''I hate boys' a VERY catchy pop tune that I simply can't get out my head, if I had to buy only one song it would be this one. Then the album finishes with 'Vanity' which you really have to listen to too to be both shocked and entertained.

For those that like slower songs and want to apprechiate the beautiful vocals that make Christina who she is then tracks 11-15 are for you, 'Lift me up' probably being my personal favourite.

In conclusion make sure you listen to this album a few times and I'm pretty sure that you will be hooked. This album is comparable with Stripped only with a modern day twist. You will not be dissapointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bionic Christina, 19 Dec. 2010
Paul P. (Surrey, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)
She's bionic and stronger than ever!!!

Christina Aguilera's long-waited 4th studio album was hyped a lot since the day her collaborators were announced. Ladytron, M.I.A., Sia, Linda Perry, Claude Kelly, Nicki Minaj, Peaches, Tricky, Ester Dean among others.. a wonderful bunch of talented artists in one disc. Do you want indie music? You got it. Do you want contemporary dance music? You got it too. Do you want some electro music? Got it. What about ballads? Definitely! Besides, she's the queen of ballads. In my opinion, the ballads of this album are the heart of "Bionic". You gotta listen to "All I Need", the underrated "You Lost Me", the electro "Lift Me Up", "I Am" and "Stronger than Ever". Her voice is so awesome!
I only didn't like a couple of the electro dance songs (see Prima Donna, Desnudate) they were generic and meaningless.

The standout tracks are: the provocative lead single "Not Myself Tonight" which is hot and the beat is crazy, "Birds of Prey" the Ladytron song, "Monday Morning" where Gwen Stefani meets Madonna, "Woohoo" the collaboration with the talented newcomer Nicki Minaj, "I Am" and of course "You Lost Me".

This is the best pop album of the year which is terribly underrated. I'm sure you will agree with me if you buy this album.

PS: The booklet is fantastic. Well done to the guy who made the special artwork too. Go Christina!

4.0 out of 5 stars Thank God for Christina, 14 July 2010
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)
Although there are some people who are keen to compare both Christina and Lady Ga Ga, I'm here to say that there is no comparison. lady Ga Ga is really Ga Ga (crazy) whereas Christina has been around for an extra 10 years.

The only reason that I have given this a 4 star, not a 5 star is that I prefer her "Back to Basics" album more. Long time between albums but really was worth the wait.

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually pretty good, 6 Jun. 2010
AyJay (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)
Bionic is Christina Aguilera's fourth album (not counting her Greatest Hits album), that was recorded during 2008 - 2010.

She changes her musical direction every album, so this time she's gone down the popular electronica with R&B tinged lyrical content route, causing widespread comparisons to Lady GaGa.
I don't think she sat down and thought "Right, this time I'm going to be GaGa", but I do think she was 'inspired' by her currently hot musical style.

Christina has writing credits for an impressive 13 out of the 18 album tracks, as well as all 5 of the deluxe edition's bonus tracks. There is anoher bonus available on Itunes, which she has again wrote. Other notable writer's include Cathy Dennis, Linda Perry (she wrote the infamous 'Beautiful'), Ladytron, Sia and Peaches.

Despite such big name writers, I think 'Bionic' has the weakest lyrics out of all of Christina's albums, to be completly honest. Most of the songs are about sex, and the lyrics are amusing, rather then sensual. For example; "Let's do the dance, get naked" [Des Nudate], and my personal favourite; "You don't need a plate to taste my woohoo, licky licky yum yum" [WooHoo].

The list of producers is as impressive as her song-writing credits; Christina herself, along with the likes ofPolow da Don, Focus..., Sia Furler, Switch, Samuel Dixon, Ladytron, Linda Perry, Tricky Stewart and Le Tigre.
The track 'WooHoo' contains a sample from 'Add Már, Uram As Ezöt', while 'I Hate Boys' contains a sample from 'Jungle Juice.

My favourite track on the main album is the amusing Vanity. With the lyrics including such gems as "Mirror mirror on the wall who's the flyest bitch of them all? Never mind, I am", "Mirror mirror on the wall Hear the prince charming, tell him give me a call, Never mind screw him cause I found somebody better, never mind screw him, I make myself so much wetter" and "[humming wedding march] And now I take myself to be my lawfully wedded bitch" it's a fun, tongue-in-cheek number.
Her love letter to high fashion Glam is another stand-out. The slower, piano driven Sex For Breakfast actually is sensual. The single-girls party anthem My Girls [featuring Peaches] is a great sing-along number, though it is similar to Can't Hold Us Down. I also like Prima Donna, though the lyrics are similar to My Girls.
The singles Not Myself Tonight and WooHoo are also above average, but not as good as the forementioned tracks.
Fan's of classic Christina will love while I Am - a classic 'Stripped' era number and the big vocal number, You Lost Me, Bionic's sole ballad.

The rest of the tracks don't strike me as bad, but they're forgettable fillers.

Overall I think that Bionic is actually Christina's strongest album, she just needs weaning of the 'more tracks is better' school of thought.

Bionic
Bionic by Christina Aguilera (Audio CD - 2010)