5.0 out of 5 stars Very Different to her other Albums!
First of all alot say she is trying to be like "Lady Gaga" I wouldn't say so, I think that she has chosen this Style to be Erotica, Her Image Reminds me of Madonna mostly.

Published on 1 July 2010 by Mapoo

3.0 out of 5 stars Glam, but not herself...for most of the album really
Xtina's highly anticipated fourth album misses a lot more than it hits.

'Bionic' promises futuristic pop but ironically sounds dated, four years ago it might have been futuristic, Lady GaGa and the Black Eyed Peas have dominated and developed the electronic pop direction that Xtina now stumbles warily through. Her incredible four octaves often reduced to an...
Published on 22 Jun 2010 by thetalentedmremm=TANK BOY

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Different to her other Albums!, 1 July 2010
Mapoo (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)

I will admit that the Album takes quite abit of listening to, to grow on you, well it did me, i'm a huge fan of Xtina but this Album I needed to give a listen a few times. I think the sound is very strange for Xtina everybody has been use to the great Pop sounds from her, but this one is more different.

If you are going to get the Album I reccomend the "Deluxe Edition" for the Extra 5 songs, plus the Cd cover is great, comes with a "Hologram picture" Showing Xtina with no Robot face, then if you turn to side abit the Robot side appears.

If you are a Xtina fan you will deffinatly Buy this.

I can say I actually like the Album now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xtina's best album yet!, 3 Aug 2010
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)
I was amazed by this CD from the first listen. I think motherhood and change of life priorities are doing Xtina the greatest kind of good. This album is different from any of her previous work although you can still find plenty of moving balads we are used to from Xtina. I would recommend this CD to everyone. It's the right mix of Electro/Dance/Pop and something spicy on the top of it. X

4.0 out of 5 stars This album is a grower, 7 Jun 2010
Gemma ""Music is Me"" (Erith, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The styled and polished vocal gymnastics that the general public would normally expect from Christina Aguilera are, in my opinion missing from this album. That is not to say that i wouldn't recommend you purchase Bionic, however if you're expecting something sleek like Back to Basics - you will have a big shock.

I would be lying if i said i wasn't a little disappointed when having a full listen to the tracks the first time round. This is simply because, some of the tracks seem to be lacking any emotion and could have been produced and performed by any girl who can hold a tune. 'Elastic Love' is a good example being one of the weaker tracks. 'Glam' again is not a great song for Christina to showcase her abilities, however it is quite a fun song for all those girls out there who identify with the glamorous lifestyle!

Stand out tracks are 'Bionic' which packs quite a punch. It's different, but it's catchy. The single 'Not Myself Tonight' which as we already know is a good pop song. Slightly more on the dancey side of things. 'Woohoo' took a couple of listens before i could appriciate the song as a whole, but this is a definate grower. We won't go into the subject of the song though! 'Vanity' is a really fun - if explicit - song. I found myself listening to this half in shock and half in hysterics. I'm still not sure exacly how i feel about this song, but i do know that it's just a bit of fun.

Christina goes back to her spanish roots with Desnudate. A good little dancey track with traces of spanish language throughout. I can't help but feel that 'Bobblehead' is a direct swipe at Britney Spears, simply because it sounds like 'Toy Soliders' and refers to girls acting dumb to get what they want.. remind you of anyone?? Maybe that's just my perception!

The ballards on this album are good. 'You Lost Me' is the big ballard of the album and is a really emotional story of heartbreak and lose. 'Stronger Than Ever' is a little more gritty, but is just as punchy. 'Lift Me Up' was the first song to be heard from Bionic, as it was one of the songs for Haiti's chairty event. I think this is one of the ballards which least suits Christina's previous style. 'All I Need' is a song dedicated to Christina's son. Any fans of Zero 7 and Sia will recognise the musical arrangements of this song. Very Sia-esque! But very beautiful.

As the title of this review states, i truly believe this album will not knock you out on the first listen, or even the second or third - but give it a chance and realise that Christina is a very talented creature. It would be too easy to stick to a tried and tested formula and by know we should know that with a new album comes a brand new Christina. This album has only been available for one day and already i like it much more that this morning. As i said - it's a grower

5.0 out of 5 stars CD, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)
It has so many songs on it! I have listened to this a lot and the case is not scratched, CD is good quality, overall, pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars An underrated pop gem!, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)
Xtina didn't have a good time while releasing this album and I still don't get why it flopped on the market. It's a wonderful experiment when she works with a more electric pop, never letting go of her voice-blended ballads. "Lift Me Up" and "I Am" just make me chill every single time I hear it.

4.0 out of 5 stars IT`S JUST GREAT, 22 Dec 2011
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)
At least 17,18 from all of the tracks are super great,my fav. are Birds of prey,You lost me,Monday morning...Lite me up,they are all very special. The album is very deep,emotional. Christina and her voice are magical.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy dance vibes make good strong return, 3 Oct 2010
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)
Four years since the release of her last album `Back to Basics' Christina Aguilera returns with a sharp album that blends pop with electro and strong vibes that diversifies the singer's talents more than ever before.

Through various mediums the album has been heavily praised yet heavily criticized.

Comparing to her other albums this is the biggest step into the electric pop vibe, which has advantages and disadvantages. For one the last track on this 2010 album `Vanity' has a very good heavy beating backing but opens with this sentence "I'm not cocky, I just love myself" which from a serious artist such as Christina does not sound right.

This consistent blunt honesty is apparent in many tracks and whilst the artist has never been afraid to push boundaries even this time it seems too eccentric. Songs such as `Sex for breakfast' and `I hate boys' don't feel right, the lyrics mixed with the hefty dance rift doesn't mix.

There are however many positives from this album. Her second single "You lost me" is one of her best ever songs, and that is no exaggeration. The slow moving back track mixed with her passionate singing feels so genuine you may get caught up in the moment and personally, I think it is her best ever ballad. The ballads are all very strong `Life me up' is also very powerful and `All I need' is perfectly soft and gentle for the lyrics

The tracks are mostly dance tracks and have the right attitude that reminds us all of the `Fighter'. Songs that stick with you are the bouncy abrupt `Elastic love' and the openly idealistic first single `Not myself tonight' which came with a very strong video that many launched criticisms for her comparison to Lady Gaga.

The argument that Christina was mimicking anyone were ridiculous considering Christina has been doing this stuff for years, but is disappointing being in Gaga's shadow.

However with this album there is great hope for the future. The meaningful ballads are still strong and this merge more away from pop into dance should prove interesting and hopefully Christina can prove all doubters wrong.

This is an album worth checking out.

7/10

4.0 out of 5 stars Thank God for Christina, 14 July 2010
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)
Although there are some people who are keen to compare both Christina and Lady Ga Ga, I'm here to say that there is no comparison. lady Ga Ga is really Ga Ga (crazy) whereas Christina has been around for an extra 10 years.

The only reason that I have given this a 4 star, not a 5 star is that I prefer her "Back to Basics" album more. Long time between albums but really was worth the wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Album Of The Year Without Question - Stunning, 1 Jun 2010
Mr. A. R. Castor (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)
As a taxi driver, I am writing this review at 4.30am having spent the entire night listening to CD1 of Bionic. It's awesome!

Gone are the often over-sung power-ballads from Stripped and Back to Basics. There are a few slow numbers but they are sung with much less ferocity than we are used to from Christina (more like "Save Me From Myself")

It's the faster numbers however, where this album catapults itself immediately into a contender for CD of the year. It can only be described as lyrically naughty but nice, addictive, GaGa-ish in places, with a little touch of Katy Perry and the Pussycats on a couple of numbers. The upbeat numbers are awesome and saucy and the direction Christina has taken with this album is absolutely perfect and you would be a fool not to buy it.

My album of the year so far........and it could turn out to be as good as The Fame....

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually pretty good, 6 Jun 2010
AyJay (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bionic (Audio CD)
Bionic is Christina Aguilera's fourth album (not counting her Greatest Hits album), that was recorded during 2008 - 2010.

She changes her musical direction every album, so this time she's gone down the popular electronica with R&B tinged lyrical content route, causing widespread comparisons to Lady GaGa.
I don't think she sat down and thought "Right, this time I'm going to be GaGa", but I do think she was 'inspired' by her currently hot musical style.

Christina has writing credits for an impressive 13 out of the 18 album tracks, as well as all 5 of the deluxe edition's bonus tracks. There is anoher bonus available on Itunes, which she has again wrote. Other notable writer's include Cathy Dennis, Linda Perry (she wrote the infamous 'Beautiful'), Ladytron, Sia and Peaches.

Despite such big name writers, I think 'Bionic' has the weakest lyrics out of all of Christina's albums, to be completly honest. Most of the songs are about sex, and the lyrics are amusing, rather then sensual. For example; "Let's do the dance, get naked" [Des Nudate], and my personal favourite; "You don't need a plate to taste my woohoo, licky licky yum yum" [WooHoo].

The list of producers is as impressive as her song-writing credits; Christina herself, along with the likes ofPolow da Don, Focus..., Sia Furler, Switch, Samuel Dixon, Ladytron, Linda Perry, Tricky Stewart and Le Tigre.
The track 'WooHoo' contains a sample from 'Add Már, Uram As Ezöt', while 'I Hate Boys' contains a sample from 'Jungle Juice.

My favourite track on the main album is the amusing Vanity. With the lyrics including such gems as "Mirror mirror on the wall who's the flyest bitch of them all? Never mind, I am", "Mirror mirror on the wall Hear the prince charming, tell him give me a call, Never mind screw him cause I found somebody better, never mind screw him, I make myself so much wetter" and "[humming wedding march] And now I take myself to be my lawfully wedded bitch" it's a fun, tongue-in-cheek number.
Her love letter to high fashion Glam is another stand-out. The slower, piano driven Sex For Breakfast actually is sensual. The single-girls party anthem My Girls [featuring Peaches] is a great sing-along number, though it is similar to Can't Hold Us Down. I also like Prima Donna, though the lyrics are similar to My Girls.
The singles Not Myself Tonight and WooHoo are also above average, but not as good as the forementioned tracks.
Fan's of classic Christina will love while I Am - a classic 'Stripped' era number and the big vocal number, You Lost Me, Bionic's sole ballad.

The rest of the tracks don't strike me as bad, but they're forgettable fillers.

Overall I think that Bionic is actually Christina's strongest album, she just needs weaning of the 'more tracks is better' school of thought.

Bionic
Bionic by Christina Aguilera (Audio CD - 2010)