4.0 out of 5 stars Thoughts Are Things.
I heard Simon talk to Richard Bacon on 5Live and thought that I'd give this a look.

Funny and thought-provoking in equal measure. I did laugh (always a good sign), and I was also taken with Simon's philosophical views on love, life and the Universe and how he wove the thread of the work of Ernest Holmes, Richard Bach and Abraham-Hicks (to name just three),...
Published on 16 Dec. 2010 by Scott Dean

3.0 out of 5 stars A solid DVD debut
Having seen 'Do Nothing' earlier today I was both disappointed and pleasantly surprised; the former due to the almost total absence of Amstell's Buzzcocks visceral wit, the latter as a result of enjoying what seems almost like an experiment - or at least a comeback of sorts - in opening up to the audience and attempting a more traditional, mellow stand-up routine...
Published on 6 Dec. 2010 by J. T. Hooker

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and oddly uplifting, 12 Jan. 2012
Dr. Stephanie Jourdan "Starry-Eyed Astrologer" (Woodland Hills, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simon Amstell - Do Nothing Live [DVD] (DVD)
I was a big fan of Simon Amstell in Never Mind the Buzzcock and was sad when he left. I was thrilled to find this stand-up DVD of him. It is great. Loved seeing this whole different side of him. He is pretty introspective and not as mean and bitchy (even though I love the mean and bitchy Simon).

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent first stand up DVD, 5 Mar. 2011
P. Limmer "MrMellow" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simon Amstell - Do Nothing Live [DVD] (DVD)
If you were expecting to see the bile spewing host of Never Mind The Buzzcocks, then I best warn you to stay away. The Simon Amstell we see on his first foray into stand up is a unsure and cautious character, drawing much of his humour from his own neuroses regarding his love life, his lack of confidence, and most tellingly, the fact that he hides this all behind a sharp and biting wit.

I found this very brave, opening up to such a degree, and it really felt as if his stand up was a personal journey as well as simply a show for laughs at his expense. Granted, it's not laugh a minute, but it really works on a lot of levels. I personally could relate to a lot of what he was saying, and listening to such an articulate person express themselves is always a treat. It will definitely pay to invest some time and energy into surrendering to his awkward, stuttering charms.

Excellent work Mr Amstell - it's just a shame you're no longer with NMTB, and that Grandma's House was such a shambles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simon - Do Nothing - Love this program from S.A., 30 Nov. 2013
P. Stang "dharmakaya" (Annapolis, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simon Amstell - Do Nothing Live [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this program on U-Tube, loved it, and wanted my own copy. He delves into his own life of course, but I could identify with his story in different ways. Plus very philosophical - it was just perfect for me. I am so pleased to have my own copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL, 3 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Simon Amstell - Do Nothing Live [DVD] (DVD)
AMSTELL IS HONEST, WISTFUL, CLEVER AND AS USUAL SELF DEPRECIATING. HIS IDEAS ARE INSIGHTFUL AND THOUGHT PROVOKING AND MOST IMPORTANTLY FUNNY. CEREBRAL COMEDY AT IT'S BEST. ALSO SEE NUMB, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

4.0 out of 5 stars hidden gem, 11 Feb. 2014
Mr. Straves "silver9" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simon Amstell - Do Nothing Live [DVD] (DVD)
a surprisingly, beautiful wistful and at times poetic example of stand up from a very funny and tragicly under rated comedian. a welcome and diverse addition to anyone's comedy collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars *****, 23 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Simon Amstell - Do Nothing Live [DVD] (DVD)
Love this guys unassuming approach to the life of a dysfunctional mind-set seeking functionality...with humour. Must get around to seeing him live!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 1 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Simon Amstell - Do Nothing Live [DVD] (DVD)
Thoughtful, thought provoking and not the mindless, moronic comedy you hear so much of. Brilliant. But this if you like dry, observant comedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 8 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Simon Amstell - Do Nothing Live [DVD] (DVD)
This made me laugh solidly from start to finish and left me wanting more. It's clever and disarming and very, very funny! Buy it now people.

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD, 9 Aug. 2013
Ms. S. J. Rolph (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simon Amstell - Do Nothing Live [DVD] (DVD)
I was pleased with all aspects of this purchase: the product arrived promptly and was in excellent condition and met my expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 6 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Simon Amstell - Do Nothing Live [DVD] (DVD)
Probably my favourite stand up show! I can watch this again and again and not get bored of it, looking forward to the release of numb

Simon Amstell - Do Nothing Live [DVD]