on 14 March 2011
This set offers great training for a beginner, but first thing to mention, it is the most inexpensive way to get certified. The video teaches command line workflow and exams ask smart practical questions. The training is organized in logical groups of short lessons. It is not a Hollywood movie; to follow this training you need typing the commands, reading man pages, learn options etc. The training is very practical. I was reading few books on Linux command prompt before; none of them offer this level of practical engagement and intensity. One thing is reading, another thing is life demonstration and exams reinforce self-confidence. You also get a contact email for training questions. To their credit, UNIX Academy answered all my questions with great attention.
I've been using various Linux flavors (Fedora, Slakware, PCLINUX, and later Ubuntu) for 8 months. This training gets you to a terminal window, to command prompt and teaches you many commands. You get three attempts for each exam included in the price. I passed first part with first attempt, second and third parts required two attempts and I used all three attempts for the final fourth exam. My certificates arrived in two weeks in large envelope. If you are in a mood for learning this is great!