5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product
I purchased this webcam to use on Skype.Knowing absolutely nothing about webcams I had to rely on the reviews for this particular product.

The reviews were spot on. It is an excellent little camera, neat, well designed and with a built in mic. It was perfect for my needs.

Published on 19 July 2010 by Molly Seagram

2.0 out of 5 stars Logicam webcam
Bought this because of the Amazon reviews. I quickly realised that the device is in a way useful but is actually a con.
Although it does indeed connect up easily and provide video and sound, the quality all around is not good.
The video is passable, if you want something basic.
The sound quality is terrible...you have to boost the mic volume to maximum to...
Published on 13 April 2011 by Michael da Costa

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 19 July 2010
This review is from: Webcam - New USB PC Webcam - Built-in microphone, 5G Lens, Plug and Play no driver needed, Works with Skype Yahoo MSN Etc - Share your golden moments with loved ones any where in the world. (SAME OR NEXT DAY DISPATCH)

Both picture and sound quality are excellent and when I contacted the company as I couldn't work out how to fit it onto the monitor (having a dumb day) they were extremely helpful and e-mailed pictures to show me how to do it.

I would highly recommend both the camera and the company.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good little webcam, 16 Dec 2010
There's no doubt about it - this is a great webcam backed up by superfast and very-eager-to-please service.

Why only four stars, then?

The webcam comes with a handy page of instructions, written by the seller, boxed in what seems to be custom-made packaging, which has no clue as to the camera's manufacturer other than it is 'made in China'. My box was a bit the worse for wear, and had been repaired at the bottom with brown gaffer tape before the whole thing was sealed in a blue plastic cover. Just as well, as the postman simply left the package out in the snow.

Once plugged in, the camera was immediately recognised by Windows Vista as an Altair Vimicro USB Camera, which seems to be at odds with the clear Logicam logo on the base of the webcam itself. If it really is a Logitech product, why not use the name in the marketing?

There was also some confusion as to whether the webcam supplied was actually the one advertised, as some illustrations showed the camera to have built-in lights, and there is a large button on top of the webcam which seemed to have no function other than to go 'click'.

I emailed the seller and got an almost instant response explaining that the webcam came in two versions: one with and one without a CD. The button provided enhanced functionality in the version that had the CD.

The ring base of the camera can be used as a simple stand, or split apart to provide a clip for attaching to the top of a laptop screen or computer monitor. This works reasonably well, unless you have a CRT monitor or a backlit flat screen with a bezel depth greater than about 25mm (1 inch). The stand will accommodate larger depths, but then has no grip. A lump of BluTack will do the trick, here.

One thing to be aware of, which also applies to a lot of other webcams. The composite lead, providing a USB plug and a stereo microphone lead, is not very long. If you are using a desktop computer, unless it is sitting next to your monitor you may, like me, have to plug the USB connector into a hub, and use a male to female extension cable for the microphone. Seems a bit odd that it should need to be a stereophonic cable, though.

All in all, this is indeed a very good webcam. The images and sound are very clear, and it adjusts to ambient lighting automatically very well. The focus ring around the lens allows for sharp adjustment.

However, with the huge choice of webcams on the market, it does seem a tad overpriced (including postage) for a camera that claims no branded provenance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Web Cam, Just Buy It..., 3 Jun 2010
Great little Camera, Picture Quality is superb, worth a lot more than what it did cost, will be buying more for all the Family, great for MSN, and Skype, nifty scroll wheel for the LED lights, if you need a great web Cam, then look no further, worth 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% satisfied - Best Seller - Best Webcam, 3 Jun 2010
100% as described - Fast delivery , Fab quality , 100 % true to description

I used this webcam and i will highly recommend it - Also experience with this seller is excellent - This cam is light weight, easy to install and good picture quality

I will say I am 100% satisfied with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 18 Dec 2010
My initial reaction when I saw the plain packing was "have I made a big mistake" however when I set it up which was easy to do, I was delighted with the product which was perfect for our needs (skyping my family on the otherside of the world) I feal I really got my money's worth. To the person who doesn't think these reviews are genuine, you have got it wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 16 Aug 2010
Quality webcam, purchased on reviews already given.

Simple to setup.
I hate the term 'plug & play' but this is, it is as simple as it gets, anyone could get this webcam up and running in a short time.
My daughter uses it for MSN & Skype without any problems.

Excellent image quality.

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Webcam, 6 Feb 2011
I live in Canada and bought this item from Amazon uk for my mum who lives in the UK. I get to see my mum maybe once every two years at the most so I sent her this for a birthday present so we could connect on Skype.
I placed the order late on a Thursday night and to my surprise she received it within 2 days of me ordering, which actually was more like 1 day with the time difference. Excellent service the product is fantastic. She was easily able to hook it to her PC with no issues and within minutes we were talking and seeing each other on Skype. The picture is clear and sound is perfect, it's almost like being in the same room, not two different parts of the world.
The price was very inexpensive for the pleasure this has bought me and my family.
We will not hesitate to use this seller again when looking to purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars New USB PC Webcam Built-in microphone, 5G Lens, Plug and Play no driver needed, 12 MegaPixel, Works with Skype Yahoo MSN Etc, 9 Jun 2010
This is a great item could not believe the quality of the picture when using it people see me in a sharp and crystal clear image from this web cam all the way to Australia the item was well packed and so easy to install 150% happy with this and recommend it to everyoneWeb Camera - New USB PC Webcam - Built-in microphone, 5G Lens, Plug and Play no driver needed, 12 MegaPixel, Works with Skype Yahoo MSN Etc

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to use camera, 24 Sep 2010
This web cam is simplicity itself to use - simply plug into a usb port and microphone jack port and that's it ready to go. I've only used it on Skype but had no problem sending an acceptable picture.

Service from the provider was virtually immediate when I had an initial microphone glitch, and solved my problem straight away.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and Play Webcam, 4 Oct 2010
Does what it says straight out of the box. Don't like the idea of 'forcing' a good review to get 6 month's extended warranty. The product shouldn't need it.