4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best value for money wipe you can buy
These wipes are in a packet similar to other kinds of wet wipes with a flap that fails around 3/4 of the way through them. They are large enough and tough enough for the dirtiest of clean up operations so they do as promised.

They are advertised as un-fragranced, but there is a delicate non-perfumed smell to them which is pleasant enough.

These do...
Published on 22 May 2011 by SBno1

3.0 out of 5 stars The price is out of reach for some people!
Published on 30 Mar. 2011 by Jason Gaston

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best value for money wipe you can buy, 22 May 2011
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Naty by Nature Babycare Wipes with Lotion--10 x Packs of 70 (700 Wipes) (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

These do the same job as any other wet-wipe I have used and I only mark them down because the price is higher than other brands you can buy that do an equal job of cleaning up.

Bottom line (excuse the pun) they do the job they are designed to do. Understandably you are paying a little more for the bio-degradability, but these are not the only bio-branded ones you can buy and there are other cheaper products out there that do the same job

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?, 14 Mar. 2011
Asphodelia (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't normally use wet wipes because I always feel that they leave my face a little bit sticky - and to clean my hands I tend to prefer anti-bacterial gel.
However, I do use them when I go to Bikram yoga straight from work, and need to remove my make-up. Now, these wipes are not sold as make-up removing wipes but that's what I've tested them for and they did the job pretty well. My foundation came off and so did my eye make up (mascara and kohl pencil) - albeit with a little bit of rubbing.

I always wash my face afterwards as normally I'll have access to water in the yoga studio's changing room, but my face didn't feel sticky after use, so they could be used 'on the go' without that unpleasant effect.

The wipes are marketed as a 'Baby' product but I don't have children so I can't comment on that particular use, although they seem to be gentle enough to be used on infants' skin.

I like the fact that this is a biodegradable product and the packaging is less plastic-y than similar products (the label says 'eco packaging based on natural material). It doesn't quite feel like paper so I'm not sure if it could be put in the normal paper recycling. The recycling symbol on the back of the packet just states '7- Other' so I guess it's not paper.

The wipes are supposed to be unscented but they have a slight aroma of almonds, which I liked. They are also chlorine free which I guess is also good for the environment and for the skin.

The packet contains 70 pieces, which is quite a lot. It is a more expensive product than most but I would certainly buy it for occasional use of 1-2 wipes a week when going to yoga. I'm not sure how feasible it would be with the heavy use necessary for a baby, as the cost would add-up, but there are many 'green' families out there who would be happy to spend a little bit more for a 'greener' product. However, Amazon sells these wipes in bulk packs of 10, so the cost would be greatly reduced in this way.

3.0 out of 5 stars The price is out of reach for some people!, 30 Mar. 2011
Jason Gaston "Uncle Jay" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I will start with the positive, this is a VERY good product, green to the max for the people out there who care about the planet and the environment and dare I say it the future. The wipes themselves are very soft but tough as good wipes should be, they smell delicous too kinda like almond or marzipan and as a baby wipe they do the job fine, very gently and delicate unlike cheaper shops own brands that can cause mile rashes or irritation, have an overbearing smell and are not good for the environment. Overall as a product I would give this 5 stars all day...... BUT.......and there is always a BUT...

THE PRICE!!! all too often the things we SHOULD buy and the things that are better for us, better for our waistline, better for the environment are more expensive! This falls firmly into that catagorie. I truly belive the goverment should step in on things like this to make the things that we SHOULD buy (and frequently would prefer) more competetive. A young couple with a new baby or dare I say it a single mum will definately not be buying these wipes, Id even go as far as to say many well paid couples or celebrity mums will not be buying these wipes at the current price.

In a nutshell (almond being the nut that springs to mind) Excellent product overall in perfomance and environmental issues but massivly let down by the pricetag!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, Effective, and Kind to Skin, 17 Mar. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have very delicate skin, and to be quite truthful, while we do have a toddler present at our home on a regular basis, I tried these with my own skin in mind. I'm very avid on making certain that my face and neck are perfectly clean before applying make up or going to bed for the evening. Soap and water can be too harsh, and make up removal wipes are not only costly, but often irritate either my eyes or skin.

I found these wipes to not only be soft, but not too wet feeling. In fact, this worried me a bit as I was not certain the wipes contained enough solution to be effective. I needn't have worried, as these easily removed my foundation, lipstick, eyeliner, and even my waterproof mascara without having to scrub. One wipe was enough to do my entire face, making this quite economical. A bonus is that these did not overstrip my skin, so that my face was not only left clean, but soft, and I did not suffer any reactions for any of the ingredients.

I also found these excellent at helping wipe up the toddler after using the potty, as well as for cleaning grubby hands and faces. neither the toddler nor the older children suffered any irritation, and again, no scrubbing or extra wipes were required. Altogether a quality product that I don't hesitate to recommend for either baby or yourself.

3.0 out of 5 stars They're OK, 24 Feb. 2011
Tim (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These wipes are fairly thin but sturdy, and clean pretty effectively. They don't feel as greasy as some moisturising wipes. They are made from biodegradable viscose, although that would seem to be negated if you dispose of them in plastic nappy sacks and bin liners, as most parents do. Also, viscose production has been associated with polluting byproducts such as carbon disulfide, so I'm not sure quite how eco friendly it all is. I was also rather surprised to see that these "sensitive" wipes contain benzyl alcohol as their main solvent after water. The next ingredient is the synthetic moisturiser cetearyl isononanoate. All in all, it doesn't seem quite as "natural" as the packaging suggests.

But my reason for docking two stars is more basic: the resealable hole for pulling the wipes through is far too small. Multiple wipes normally come out at once since the perforations don't work to dispense just one at a time, meaning I end up having to try to shove surplus wipes back into the packet, through the tiny entrance hole. Presumably it has been done like this to prevent the packet drying out too quickly, but it's rather frustrating. Pampers Sensitive wipes manage to have a much larger hole.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for babies but how green are they?, 29 Mar. 2011
Tommy Dooley "Tom" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These do not do exactly what it says on the box, but in a good way. They actually smell really nice, a bit like marzipan (which I love) - so not really 'sans parfum', but I think that is a bonus.

They are really nice wipes, but the selling point is, are they green? Well they are chlorine free, so good news for dolphins etc. They are biodegradable, so good news for land fill and they have eco packaging - so good for packing type things. But I wanted to check out their carbon foot print, it probably should be 'bum print', but never mind. Anyway I could not see where they are actually made. All I could find was that they are distributed by some place in Sweden called Nacka.

So a great idea, a great product and I like the smell. But if you are selling this as tree hugger friendly, then at least tell us it has not been on a global safari before it gets to clean our loved ones nether places. So sorry guys that's why the 4 stars - still like them though, oh and they are re-sealable too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but..., 1 April 2011
Ms. M. Cheung (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good baby wipe - it's moist, it's tough, and it does what it's meant to do. On top of that, it's eco-friendly (I'll take the manufacturer's word for that, I'm not about to leave it for a few months to see if it biodegrades!) The smell is pleasant, and it does leave a moisturising residue on the skin, which dries quickly. It's quick and easy to use, and does not rip easily. BUT....

The price is the main drawback of this product, and what a major, major negative. It's so expensive, and it's so similar to wipes made by major nappy manufacturers, that it's really not worth buying unless you are adamant that you want to be green. If you consider being green the most important factor behind your purchases, this is a good buy because the wipes are of good quality. Personally, being on a tight budget, price is a major factor in anything I buy - and this product is not something that I would consider to be worth the extra expense.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the fragrance free version, 7 Mar. 2011
debbie8355 (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These wipes are o.k. The eco friendly nature of these wipes means I've upgraded them from the two stars I would have otherwise given. Biodegradable wipes are a great idea and I may have been persuaded to use this brand occasionally if the performance had been at least equal to other wipes but they are not as smooth or free flowing on use. Slightly closer to a cotton wool texture than other wipes I've used.
They smell much better than the absolutely foul smelling fragrance free version. You can't feel the lotion but it does mask most of the natural odour of these wipes.
The packaging feels 'chalky' as it isn't made of plastic but recycled material.
The small plastic resealable cover while similar to other brands is very small and not very sticky so the pack doesn't reseal well.
I'm unlikely to buy another packet of these as they don't perform as well as my usual Tesco wipes (or any other brand) and are over twice the price per pack.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice baby wipes, 4 May 2011
Amazon Customer "Fiona" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Again the topic of baby wipes is not that thrilling, but here goes. The wipes came in an eco-friendly biodegradable package with the obligatory picture of a happy baby on the front. The wipes are the lotioned variety and smell pleasant enough, not overpowering. You can also feel reassured that there are no chemical nasties to irritate skin.

They are very moist so one will suffice for most clean up jobs, kids get VERY sticky. I like them and would use them again, the eco theme negates some of the guilt over using 'throwaway' products. All in all a good baby wipe.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent wipes but nothing special., 11 Mar. 2011
JK "J. K." (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Large sized and very moist baby wipes that are no better or no worse than any others for sensitive skin. They're marketing the wipes as Eco sensitive and aiming the concept at people who care about the environment - no bad thing - but you're paying extra for the privilege. There are plenty of super sensitive baby wipes on the market for a lot less money. The wipes have an odd perfume that's more like almond essence than baby lotion and I didn't care for it. Not impressed one way or the other. Nice wipes but nothing special.