4.0 out of 5 stars A3`s The Complete Guide, 8 Mar 2010
T. S. Jones "TSJ" (Thanet) - See all my reviews
At last an end to Woolley A3 thinking !. This is an excellent comprehensive guide to A3s and using A3s for a specific purpose.Previous books have failed to convey the "how" part of using A3s. This book gives good step by step instructions for creating and using an A3 for improvments in all areas of your business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great book that gets into the operational detail, 20 Aug 2010
C. J. Calcutt (UK) - See all my reviews
I have read several books /articles on A3 and this for me is the best so far.

The authors start by warning that the A3 report is just a tool, and that as with any tool, you need to know how to use it to get any real value from it.

They then run through the 3 standard types of A3 reports and the thinking behind each section in each of the related templates and how to use them.

They also lays out clearly how other techniques (Pareto / 5 Whys / Ishikawa) mesh with this, and the links back to Policy Deployment (Strategic imperatives).

The only negative for me was that most of the diagrams seem to be from manufacturing, whilst I work mainly with clients in the service sector.

Overall all though, really great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally get A3's, 8 Mar 2010
This book is great as although I have used the model for improvement before and A3's i had never realised the two were so linked. This has helped me structure change management alongside my reporting so that it is meaningful to all involved.

Does exactly what is says on the tin...

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent start to A3 thinking, 1 Sep 2009
N. Schofield "Nicky" (UK) - See all my reviews
Having just began the road to 'Lean', I have been facinated by this A3 approach to problem solving and reporting. I am an HR professional who has struggled in the past to find a way to report and present to senior managers with little time (and often interest!) - I think A3 is the way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking to sustain exemplary quality and problem solving skills? Then this is a must have!, 18 Feb 2013
Allan Madhuram "Not Enough Mana" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
The title of this book justifies its cover - it talks about taking on quality initiatives and problem solving by adopting the well known PDCA cycle, which is the brains of Toyota's planning and execution process. The A3 thinking derives from a meticulously thought out and carefully analysed problem solving process which exemplifies personal and process improvement. This book is well structured and well laid out to read with proper case examples to involve and align your thinking process with Toyota's overall goal of organisational systems improvement.

This book starts out with a detailed description of the PDCA cycle of problem solving and then lays out Toyota's problem solving approach (which is commonly called 8D problem solving). This sets the pace for a detailed description on what the different types of A3 and how it's used in different scenarios along with exercises that truly immerse the reader into a holistic learning experience.

If you are looking to take your organisation to the next level, then this is a must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars A practical book on A3 thinking, 29 Oct 2011
This is an excellent book on A3 thinking in practice. I was surprised by how easy it was to use and from now on it will not be far from me. When I had tried A3 reports in the past I always found it easier to write a 30 page report than the A3 version. Now I know why and what I need to do to get the correct thinking to be able to use the A3 as an improvement tool that will get the attention of senior managment.
I used to think it was a short cut in the thinking process where as in reallity A3 reporting fully considers all that I would have put in 4,000 words. This book showed me how to do it.
The book also explains clearly what A3 thinking is all about. It also has three templates and examples to help you follow that thinking. This book is well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!!!, 23 Feb 2011
Great easy read book, with lots of information and examples. I absolutely love it and I think it's the best one out there!

ARRAY(0xae28d8e8)