5.0 out of 5 stars ANCOL PLASTIC DOG MUZZLE
Published on 7 Jun. 2012 by jabreclimoh

3.0 out of 5 stars not as described
The muzzle itself was fine ..,,.

but not as described and not as shown on packaging .....

did not have metal buckle ....but had a plastic clip which slipped so dog could get it off !!!!

I had to cut strap to size and sew it securely ...

only kept it as needed it to go on holiday next day
Published 10 months ago by Patricia Langston

5.0 out of 5 stars ANCOL PLASTIC DOG MUZZLE, 7 Jun. 2012
Our Border Collie had a terrible habit of picking up and eating absolutely anything she found on the ground which often made her quite ill. After one particular episode which almost killed her we decided that a muzzle was necessary. We didn,t like the idea of a muzzle but her health was very important to us so a muzzle was the only option. We wanted a muzzle that was easy to get on and off, light-weight and comfortable for her to wear, and most importantly a muzzle that allowed her to breathe and pant normally whilst out walking (unlike the fabric type). We also needed a muzzle with a second shield (removable) at the tip to prevent our dog getting her tongue through the end. Many similar style muzzles do not have the double shield and thus do not make very good anti-scavenging muzzles. The ANCOL PLASTIC DOG MUZZLE fit all of our requirements. We bought size 6 for our small to medium size Border Collie and it is perfect. We can now walk our dog unleashed (most of the time) without having to worry what she's going to eat next. It has made our walks totally stress-free. Yes the muzzle can look a little big and clumsy at first and it may take your dog a while to get used to it but you're doing this for their own good right? Oh, by the way, the muzzle doesn't prevent your dog from shoving it's nose into, and thus licking / eating cowpats, horse manure and other soft substances, so care still needs to be taken in these and other similar situations LOL. So anyway, if you have the same problem with your dog then I could not recommend this product highly enough. WARNING Please check that your dog is able to breathe and pant normally whilst wearing ANY muzzle, ie is there sufficient room for your dog to open its jaw with muzzle on. I would recommend a muzzle for steady walks but not for over-energetic activities.

If you are having difficulty deciding which size is best for your dog then the official Ancol website has a size guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Muzzle Natural, 10 Oct. 2013
I ordered a size 8 for my large lab x.
The muzzle itself it good, it completely covers his mouth so he can't bite other dogs if they get too close (which is why we got it).
It stays on and he can't get if off if he tries, which he did alot when we fist got it.
The only thing i will say is that if you find that you have to take the strap in quite a bit as we did, do not cut off the excess!
We did and the end started to unravel, although this is our fault for cutting it, its been easily sorted with a bit of sellotape though.

5.0 out of 5 stars muzzle, 20 Oct. 2011
We were at our wits end how to stop our little rescue dog nipping and barking.He is okay most of the time, but he is over protective.
This muzzle is the answer we will gradually get him used to it.
It fits him just right and who knows it will stop him living up to his name Nipper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for a defensive/aggressive dog., 12 Aug. 2014
We have a very nervous retriever/collie cross who came from a rescue kennels. He had been beaten when a young dog and when he is very frightened he can respond aggressively. He has nipped strangers so he now wears a muzzle when he is likely to meet anyone. Previously he had a fabric muzzle but we live in a very hot area of France and the fabric muzzle did not allow him to pant. This new basket muzzle is perfect. He took to it immediately and now associates it with going for a walk. He sits patiently for me to put it on, along with his lead. The muzzle is very light and has the added advantage of warning other people not to just dive in and pat the dog. I highly recommend this muzzle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job perfectly, 8 Oct. 2014
Got these for my 2 Jack Russell/spaniel cross 6 month old puppies to stop them eating acorns, walnuts, fallen plums + poo on our walks which was making them sick. I took note of the size comments from other Amazon reviewers + found that size 4 was perfect for the female who has a short snout + size 5 was good for the male who has a longer snout. Both have smallish narrow heads. We may need to go up a size as they grow.
After 2 weeks wear they have accepted the muzzles but are not keen + try to hide them before I can put them on, but I'm sure they will get used to them after another couple of weeks.
For me it makes walking them less stressful as I am not constantly looking out for 'bad food', and can happily let them off leash in the field without them digging up + eating dead voles!

5.0 out of 5 stars WELL MADE, 19 May 2013
Ms. F. Stanley (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plastic Muzzle Natural Sz 3 (Misc.)
Bought this as a last resort for my dog to stop her licking a small wound she has on her front leg. It works! And she doesn't even try to pull it off. It's soft for her to wear and does exactly what I needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars mini snappy datschound, 9 July 2011
excellent value easy fitted muzzel which the dod liked and within the week he had given up yapping and snapping.
Now he is the perfect little gentleman and liked by all

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 19 Dec. 2013
J. R. Anderson (uk) - See all my reviews
got this for my jack rustle when my girlfriend moved in with her cat that my dog seen as a tasty treat! i kid you not it changed her behaviour to the point after less than a week she is walking round without it ignoring the cat. if she gets excited with it we just pop it on for 5 minets and it settles her down. perfect fit! and good quality. cant fault the product!
however do make sure you move the cat food out of the way becuase my little mut decided she could get the cat food if she just pushed her face into the bowl hard enough with this on. her logic was sound! she pushed her face in, the food squished thru the holes and she licked it from inside the muzzel. shame she dosnt have thumbs to clean up the mess she made.
only quetion is do they make muzzels for the cats claws?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 5 Jun. 2013
Just the job for my 2 jack Russell's.
Good value for money and is exactly as described.
Easily wash able

3.0 out of 5 stars not as described, 5 Jun. 2014
The muzzle itself was fine ..,,.

but not as described and not as shown on packaging .....

I had to cut strap to size and sew it securely ...

only kept it as needed it to go on holiday next day