5.0 out of 5 stars Great model
After breaking several cheaper headsets in the last couple of years I decided to go for something of better quality. This is just perfect. The cable is nylon-sheathed for strength (I snapped the cable in half on my last headset...), and the frame and mic boom are made from unusually heavy-grade matte black plastic. This thing feels tough.

The downside of this...
Published on 17 Feb 2011 by Entropy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Headset, but some drawbacks.
For the money you cant complain with the quality.

The pro's:
-It seems to be made of toughened rubber and plastic, it doesn't feel cheap. This looks like it will be one of the most durable headset I have owned.
-The sound quality is good, but, it is better and more balanced if you use an equaliser to give the bass a bit of a kick.
-The microphone...
Published on 19 April 2011 by Edward Wilding

5.0 out of 5 stars Great model, 17 Feb 2011
This review is from: Ozone Gaming Gear Spark Stereo Gaming Headset (Electronics)

The downside of this set is that it's very heavy - over 1/3 of a kilo - but somehow it's still really comfortable. I think it's because the headband is not highly sprung so it doesn't put pressure on the sides of your head, and the headphones themselves are mounted on nice 2-axis swivel joints. Others have said here that they do not fit tightly on your head, and this is true. They will probably fall off if you look straight downwards. The other side of this is they won't give you earache after wearing them for many hours.

The only bad part of this set that I have yet found is the sound quality. It's still good, and perhaps I've become spoiled by having used a kickass speaker setup and subwoofer for a while, but it seems to be a little treble-heavy. This can probably be sorted out with equaliser fiddling if it bothers you for music, but for gaming and Skype it's fine. Speaking of Skype, I'm told by my friends that the microphone quality is good also.

Overall, this is a great model and I'd strongly reccomend it!

EDIT (2nd November 2011: 8 months on and they're still going well. I had to do a small tape repair to the cable when it became loose after being yanked, but that caused no further problems. There is no more play between the components than when I bought the set, and no part of it has broken. I've been using them roughly every other day since I bought them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Headset, but some drawbacks., 19 April 2011
For the money you cant complain with the quality.

The pro's:
-The microphone is of outstanding quality, I use it on skype with no complaints about the usual demons of background noise, feedback or static.
-The wires are fabric sheathed to avoid wear and tear that can affect some users. There is plenty of length to the wires as well, they aren't the longest wires I have ever seen, but they are certainly above average.

The cons:
-It doesn't seem to sit on my head right, for me this headset is not tightly sprung enough, even on the tightest setting. When I tilt my head forward too far the headset slips off, I have less problems tilting my head back.
-As another user has commented, this is actually surprisingly heavy. I sit at my pc with very little back support, and after an hour I can feel this working my neck muscles, I'm sure I will get used to it, but only time will tell.

The headset is comfortable around the ears, and across the head, but i think that it's weight will be the main drawback in terms of comfort.

I am giving this headset 4 stars. It loses 1 star for the weight which can be a major drawback depending on how you sit. It would lose a star for the microphone having static and the sound quality being low on bass, but these can be fixed so easily to produce great results that nobody has the right to complain about them, especially when you consider the price.

A good buy and a happy customer.

EDIT: 3 Months after purchasing.

As I suspected the weight of the headset is not a problem at all, it was only really a problem for the first week or so as I adjusted to the new headset.

EDIT 2: 6 months in, and after a lot of travelling and being bumped around the microphone stopped working, so perhaps not as durable as it first seemed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Fault It, 5 Aug 2011
For gaming purposes, which this is designed for, I cannot fault it.
Sound Quality - Great - It's also decent for music, but plays tunes at a noticeably worse quality than dedicated headphones, but nonetheless it is still above average.
Build Quality - Excellent - I love the material that the encases the wires, and for a gaming enthusiast with wires everywhere, it makes it easy to pick out which wires are your headphones'!
Comfort - Excellent - Yes, it's heavy, but after a month of use it becomes second nature. In fact, my old Sony headphones feel light and cheap now in comparison!
Microphone Quality - Excellent - There isn't too much to say here. It works, everyone else hears my perfectly.
Value - Great - It may just be that I'm a tightwad, but i don't really like to spend money to get more out of some games that I have already bought. However, I have had no trouble justifying the price, especially when you see higher-end sets costing upwards of 50 pounds.

Overall - Excellent - 5 Stars! I was stuck for choice as there were several headsets on Amazon for similar prices, but I in no way regret buying this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, Good quality headset!, 28 May 2013
Mr. Neil Parkes "charlester" (birmingham,england) - See all my reviews
First of all, i have owned this product for about 4 hours, i have used in non-stop after receiving via the post. People in my Skype call were saying how clear my voice was, not to mention the fact that background noise was reduced. Wearing the headset. People say that it doesn't fit you're head properly and that it is heavy. I as a teenager have a fairly small head, and i find the headset very comfortable to wear. The ear cups are cozy and comfortable, as for headband strap thing, that seems pretty snug too. Even after only owning this headset for a short amount of time i am chuffed with the price and quality of this product. It very solid, and i can see this headset lasting a very long time. People also say that the bass and treble isn't right in the headset. i ahev sat here on my computer listening to a variety of different songs and genre's. it seems that it performs well as earphones, as well as a Gaming Headset.

Overall:
Solid build
Comfortable
Great Mic
Amazing sound quality.

As i said, i am extremely pleased with the headset, and i would definitely re-buy it in the past, i'm glad i chose what i did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good headset!, 26 May 2013
Really good headset, sound quality is really good and durable too!, really worth buying in my opinion, an all round great piece of hardware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery. High quality. Low price., 17 Jan 2012
These headphones are amazing for the price and the mic is very high quality too - the quality is absolutely amazing for the price. I would definitely recommend these for anyone who is looking for some low-price head

5.0 out of 5 stars Good so far., 24 Oct 2011
Hello, I got these headphones a few days ago and since then I haven't put them down. In my opinion these are amazing. I bought them for Skype chat and listening to music.

Mic:
One complaint, the microphone is a bit quiet on Skype and I get some background noise using "Windows Microphone Boost" (Auto adjusts to +30dB). I have solved this problem using Ventrilo (Chat client)as it has its own outbound booster. Other than that, the microphone is clear and crisp.

Headphones:
In one word, amazing. For the price these are pretty amazing. The bass is good (despite what some other reviews have said) and quality is consistently good even at full volume.

Comfort & Design:
The folding, rotating and easily adjustable style makes these headphones extremely comfortable, even if you wear them for long periods of time. The colouring is nice and matches my laptop, (I just wanted to brag!) The woven fabric cable looks and feels much more robust and much higher quality than a plebeian, tacky plastic one. All jacks are gold plated for better quality.

Overall: If you are buying these for the microphone, make sure you can fix the volume issue either using the features provided in your chat client or if you just want to speak a little louder that would be fine too. If you are buying these for music and gaming you can't go wrong for the price in my opinion. Really good headphones, outstanding microphone quality (once the volume is sorted) and very comfortable. I don't know what more you people want.

(If you want another aspect of them reviewed that I haven't covered please feel free to comment)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best headphones I have ever used., 16 Jan 2012
Before I bought these I used a couple of expensive gaming headphones like the creative soundblaster WoW series or the logitech ones which costed me about 5 times the spark sets cost me.But I must say that if I have a get a do-ever I will chose these headsets over those expensive ones.This set is extremely sturdily built which is a good thing for rough users like me.The soundblasters i brought broke on both side in roughly 3 days after i recieved them.No complaints whatsoever regarding the playback quality.Tested by using the mic in a very noisy environment and when played back i was surprised to see as to how clear my own sound was with the noise in the background at a minimum.They are a bit loose on the head though as other users have explained but as long as your not dancing or jumping up and down whilst gaming i think you will be fine.

In short, This is the best deal for your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely satisfied, 18 Dec 2011
Well firstly they came early to my surprise was very eager to test them out and get them on. I thought they were bit heavy at first but after an hour or 2 I was used to it. I find that they can be a bit uncomfortable on my ears after a while but most of the time they arn't, I found the sound quality really good and the mic is very clear in skype, it is a bit further away from my mouth than i expected but it has no trouble picking up sounds. Overall its a very good mic and a plus it's very cheap !

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cheep Headset Out there, 14 Oct 2011
I was looking for a headset to use for skype and to use untill I could afford top of the range Headphones. I found these on a review site and thought I would give them a try. They came promptly in good packaging and have a great sound quality. The sound produced is very clean accross the frequency range and they have a good volume. After using them for a few weeks I have compleatly switched to them for all of my listening needs. The microphone is very crisp and gives a good clear sound. Very good headset at an amazing price