5.0 out of 5 stars TOP DRAWER > BAND > LIVE SHOW AND ALBUM
Although it's timing may be a liitle late as PT have just toured with the incident album. This previous album tour shows just what a class act this band are.
First class production, fantastic musicians and absolutely haunting music.

Published on 24 Jun 2010 by Renegade

3.0 out of 5 stars blue ray
The Blue ray quality is no better than the standard DVD, however the concert is fantastic and recommended, the Audio is very good but the vision is a let down HD cameras didnt appear to be used in this Blue ray
Published 19 months ago by Geoffrey Dixon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars TOP DRAWER > BAND > LIVE SHOW AND ALBUM, 24 Jun 2010
This review is from: Anesthetize [DVD+Blu-ray] [2010] [2001] [NTSC] (Blu-ray)
First class production, fantastic musicians and absolutely haunting music.

FOABP was a step up in tempo and musicianship I thought but all the songs play so well live and the live raw egde brings something extra to the mix. The album is played in its entirty with then a dip into the back catalogue with an unsual but very effectice song choice - Half life and Dark matter not what you expect but produced so well.
This band really are the real deal and testament to what prog rock music is all about. Everything I pick up from this band is just awesome and although I got into PT after this tour it brings it home what I missed. I have since bought back catalogue seen them twice on the incident tour and have my tickets for the royal Albert Hall in October.

I thought the previous arriving somewhere could not be bettered - and possibly can't but this is just as good yet equally different.

This band cannot be praised enough - superb.In time no doubt the Bands stature will become as big as their playing but in the mean time I'll just enjoy them out of the mainstream in the concert halls where everything works for both the band , audience and the home DVD viewer so, so well as shown on this DVD.

Superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 13 Jun 2010
S. Gibson (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anesthetize [DVD+Blu-ray] [2010] [2001] [NTSC] (Blu-ray)
This is one of the greatest things I have ever put in my dvd player. I was a huge fan of the "Arriving Somewhere.." dvd and thought it easily rated as one of the finest music dvds out there. This dvd actually feels more intmate (largely due to the camera work I think and the audience), and almost cinematic.

I have to hand it to PT, I don't think there are any songs repeated from their last dvd. A lot of interesting choices, including the brilliant b-side "Drown with Me" from the In Absentia bonus tracks.

Highlights for me included "My Ashes" which is just heartbreaking, as well as "Anaesthetize" and "Dark Matter" (which for me is brought to life even more).

I went to see them during their Incident tour just passed, and I have to say this dvd captures pretty well actually seeing them live... not many dvds do that! Buy it, you will not regret it... I'm recommending it to everyone who is even remotely interested in music.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING, 16 July 2010
This review is from: Anesthetize [DVD+Blu-ray] [2010] [2001] [NTSC] (Blu-ray)
What can I say that gives enough credit to an amazing band? As you listen to the many PT albums you Astarte to realise that these guys are really on the money. This show is quite different to arriving somewhere with a different atmosphere and new and creative camera work. The band continue to impress me and Lasse Hoile is a great choice. This is PT at their best.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best group and musicians I've ever heard in rock music...., 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Anesthetize [DVD+Blu-ray] [2010] [2001] [NTSC] (Blu-ray)
The best group and musicians I've ever heard in rock music...., The best group and musicians I've ever heard in rock music...., The best group and musicians I've ever heard in rock music...., The best group and musicians I've ever heard in rock music....

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Anesthetize [DVD+Blu-ray] [2010] [2001] [NTSC] (Blu-ray)
Can't get anything better. My life's good watching this. Both video, audio -top notch. This will surely take you to another high, if you watch it on full HD medium.. on big HD flat screen and 5.1 HD DTS Master audio surround. I never did anything wrong on PT, Wilson; and this investment is something that one would cherish life long. Thanks Amazon in getting me what I wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mellow Mania, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: Anesthetize [DVD+Blu-ray] [2010] [2001] [NTSC] (Blu-ray)
I am so glad that they released this on Blu Ray
This show includes the whole Fear of a Blank Planet from start to finish with a whole hour more of other songs
Steven Wilson has a stage energy like no other and vocals as true as the studio albums themselves.
Backing vocals by John Wesley just adds an even greater spin to songs like "Anesthetize" and "Way out of here"
Percussion is done brilliantly as always by Gavin Harrison.

I highly recommend this one as a PT fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was fixed to the spot watching this!, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Anesthetize [DVD+Blu-ray] [2010] [2001] [NTSC] (Blu-ray)
This is just incredible. I don't like live videos with effects covering up what is really happening. The sound quality and the execution of this music is the as good as it gets. Turn it up loud and witness pure genius.
Corvus Stone

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 25 Mar 2012
This review is from: Anesthetize [DVD+Blu-ray] [2010] [2001] [NTSC] (Blu-ray)
Firstly I must thank iTunes genius for bringing Porcupine Tree to my attention. I'm in my 50s so grew up with prog rock and whilst I have eclectic tastes and genuinely love all types of music - I particularly love Floyd, Genesis, Yes, Deep Purple & Zepellin to name but a few. It's not often I purchase new stuff that grabs my attention in the way that Steven Wilson has. Great music, I'm really pleased to be embarking on a new musical journey. Thanks to You tube I've looked at footage and interviews. Absolutely top notch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Dec 2011
This review is from: Anesthetize [DVD+Blu-ray] [2010] [2001] [NTSC] (Blu-ray)
I recently wrote a review for the DVD of ASBNH and was a little critical of the grainy quality and poor camera work. However, I also made mention of this Blu Ray.
This is just brilliant. The concert is incredible and the Blu Ray and sound quality only serve to enhance the experience.
PT are starting to receive the critical acclaim that they deserve and their musicianship is evident throughout. Some of the apparent 'throw away' guitar riffs and bass lines, not to mention Gavin Harrison's drumming left me speechless. There are no real stage effects just a video back drop to some of the tracks. Whilst they are good, I found myself so engrossed in one or other of the musicians that they really are a back drop.
I have watched this repeatedly and still marvel at the whole experience and you may catch the wry smiles on all the group member's faces at various stages in the concert, which indicates how much they are enjoying it and know that they are creating something special.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must, 11 Nov 2011
This review is from: Anesthetize [DVD+Blu-ray] [2010] [2001] [NTSC] (Blu-ray)
Just like all their stuff, this DVD is a must. Make sure you have a good surround sound to get the full pleasure and play it to the family, Indoctrination Rock. Ah, now there's a good name for an album.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Anesthetize [DVD+Blu-ray] [2010] [2001] [NTSC]
Anesthetize [DVD+Blu-ray] [2010] [2001] [NTSC] by Porcupine Tree (Blu-ray - 2010)
17.99