TOP 100 REVIEWERon 27 October 2010
It may be on the old side now but its still the best Rollercoaster Tycoon game there is, its fun and addictive. I had to order another copy from Amazon as i lost my old copy, very good service delivery wise and at a good price!
on 12 November 2011
the options in this game make it endless hours of fun for any one. adult or child alike.
everybody loves theme parks, nothing can be better than building your own.
i do have the new rct3, but the graphics spoil the game.
this game has much more options and bigger parks to build.
the new game lacks in both dept, just to have graphics more aimed at kids (cartoon style)
this game is much more of a game than the new one.i will be playing this for a long time yet.
on 13 August 2010
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Deluxe Edition (PC CD)
A game for any sim game player,If you are into strategy and creativity, like to build your own adventure theme park then this game is a must. Once you have loaded the game it is very user friendly,a well thought out layout of the controls and can get you hooked within minutes of playing, and if this was not enough to keep you building for hours and hours they have gone and given us more, I know what you are thinking how could this game get any better than it already is, well look out for those expansion packs that are available, not only have they given us one expansion but two the first being the time twister expansion pack that gives you more shops more stalls more detail and yes more rollercoaster's with more and more excitement to keep you entertained for hours you will find it difficult to contain your excitement and enjoyment of this classic game and while you are still wanting more there is the wacky worlds expansion pack this gives you more of what you want when comparing your park to the real parks that we all have been too. If you can contain your excitement long enough then I would urge you to play rollercoaster 2 first and get to know your parks and what you like within them then when you add time twister you get this whole new game but the same with added extra features that just keep coming. and then again with wacky worlds.
on 30 July 2013
This game took up many hours of my youth and I would still recommend it.

Managing and expanding your theme part is simple yet engaging. Building your own rollercoaster lets you get creative. For the price, there's still plenty of hours that can be had building up a park from scratch.

Very user friendly, yet surprisingly challenging. A definite purchase!
on 10 December 2012
I have enjoyed the RollerCoaster Tycoon series since a young age. It gives a more realistic gameplay than other theme park games on the market but is still a great deal of fun to play. I admit the 2nd is not as good as the first in my opinion but I also haven't had as much chance to play the 2nd so maybe my opinion is incomplete. Still a great game.
on 4 September 2011
My 9 year old bought this with his own money and absolutely loves it. He has even designed roller coasters so scary that no one dares go on them. He has been teaching his 5 year old sister to design her own theme park, and she loves it too.

The only complaint my son has, is very minor. He has seen a friend make the roller coasters go underground but the tutorial doesn't cover it, so he can't make that work.

It works perfectly on our old windows XP computer, we haven't tried it on anything else. A highly recommended game.
on 31 May 2014
Item arrived quickly and was as described. I was a little worried it wouldn't work on my windows 7 laptop but it works fine. Very happy.
on 4 March 2014
I recently rediscovered RCT2 and I remembered how addictive this game is. I used to play it as a child but I was just building the most ridiculous rollercoasters. The challenges are actually really good as well, it keeps me entertained for hours!
on 23 July 2013
The game doesn't work properly. When I am in the middle of playing it, it randomly takes me to the windows screen and closes the game. Its not the computer that has a problem because it only seems to do it with just this game.
on 4 October 2013
At near 68 years old I found this more mentally challenging than doing large puzzles. One of my Grandchildren has this game which I thought was great entertainment, so ordered it through Amazon. Now fully retired I find this quite stimulating to play a few times a week.

See one answered question