4.0 out of 5 stars Great game
I love this game, this is my second copy (i lost my previous copy). I will however say that
While it IS compatible with Vista and windows 7.
It is NOT compatible with 64bit windows.

This made me want to cry as it is not compatible with my computer. Guess that is means that I will be reinstalling windows on the weekend!

Wonder if it will run...
Published on 29 Jan. 2013 by Gem

1.0 out of 5 stars Explains a lot.
A cruel person might hazard a guess that the game company who developed this...anomaly would go bankrupt.

JoWooD games did exactly that and it's not hard to see why. They also developed the hideous mouse click-fest-for-combat that was the mess known as Gothic.

Loaded the game, added keycode, played tutorial. Stopped. Played again next day - added...
Published 18 months ago by T.C.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 29 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Spellforce Universe (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
While it IS compatible with Vista and windows 7.
It is NOT compatible with 64bit windows.

Wonder if it will run in compatibility mode...

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes to Win 7 users!, 8 Dec. 2012
Alec - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spellforce Universe (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Most people looking at this will probably already be familiar with the game, and other reviews do it credit. My main problem was I had upgraded my laptop which now runs Win7. I couldn't get previous versions of this game to run successfully on Win7, and seeing the online gaming community talking about the difficulty of this, and various fixes and patches that I still couldn't get to work, I had almost given up playing the game again. However, I had one last try on this version. It was successful, no blips or bugs and comes with all the extra sequels and add ons as a bonus. Bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth The Money, 6 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Spellforce Universe (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I had been looking for a game that wasn't just simply hack and slash and, thankfully, I stumbled across this game on Amazon's recommendation. I am so pleased with Spellforce - hours and hours of fun (even if I have had to rely on walkthroughs a few times to complete a level). I just wish there were more games like this (a mix of RPG and RTS) - just city building or killing things gets repetitive but a mix of the two adds a wonderful dimension to gaming.

I have played all the campaigns (so trolls, orcs and crawlers beware, I'm now a force to be reckoned with ;-) )of which there are several (not just one game or one level) and, with the absence of anything comparable (that I can find), I am now replaying it all again.

Well done JoWood and Phenomic - just sad there won't be more from you.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Spellforce Universe (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
spellforce universe features spellforce 1 and all of the expansions and spellforce 2 with 1/2 expansions, both games are alot of fun, you can play in either 3rd person mode like a rpg game or you can play spellforce like a rts game, there is also alot of ways to customize your character (avatar) such as gear, talent tree and adding runes to add different types of units for the game, the story isnt fantastic by any means and can come across quite amateurishness sometimes.

the graphics on spellforce are not great however the game is a few years old, but that shouldn't put you off, but if you like games with magic, intrigue, building, then you will probably like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value & gameplay, 20 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Spellforce Universe (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Im gutted I didnt find this game long ago its the perfect blend of RPG & tactical gameplay e.g C&C. Any C&C player will know the stratergy part right away & the RPG elements flow fine for any game player imo. You get 5 games in this pack, SF1 + 2 expansions & SF2 + 1 Expantion, they was making a 2nd expantion but it never got made it looks like witch is a real shame & part the reason im gutted I didnt spend money on it long ago to keep it alive. SF1 plays like C&C with some addon RPG but SF2 puts the RPG elements to the front imo & I did enjoy that a bit more as I cared more for my guys but both stories did keep me right in the action.

Picture this one moment, I had the battle field C&C style on an equilibrium with my forces & the AI spawns/patrol wile I stood my main char in a town shopping & chatting, it was a realy nice touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spellforce UPDATE!!!!!, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Spellforce Universe (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Spellforce: Faith In Destiny (PC DVD)Well,the Spellforce series has survived in a different form,ressurected you could say ( in joke). 3 expansions have been released since the take over of the original team so that's 3 sequels in all to the Spellforce 2 saga to keep you amused.I believe they are both stand alones but check on that so even if you got Spellforce 2 Gold you now can add Faith in Destiny and Demons of the Past.Plus check Steam for further additions to Faith in Destiny.If you have this original trilogy then Spellforce 2 and its growing companions should keep you occupied for a good long while yet.Enjoy!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Spellforce Universe (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This is one of my favorite PC games to date. The game has everything i was looking for. Building, Battles and Adventure. You really do get lost in the game and I love the story that goes with it. There is so much to get through it will keep you busy. In fact i believe SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny will be launched in May 2012 so the fun doesn't stop with SpellForce Universe. SpellForce Universe comes with the series to date and with all the Addons. PS if you want to start at the beginning of the series start with Spell force platinum one of the two discs that you will get in the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game and great price!, 18 May 2011
Mr. Richard W. Hallam (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spellforce Universe (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
a really good game has both spellforce 1 and 2 with the expantion packs! very very cheap!! definately a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spellforce Universe PC DVD, 24 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Spellforce Universe (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I am so pleased I got this compilation of games. I like the mix of RTS&RPG. OK the games might be a bit dated but who cares.I was a bit apprehensive about purchasing when I read reviews that stated the games would not run on Windows 7 64 bit but thought well I can always run them on my old 32 bit computers which I tend to do with older games I play. But to my surprise and delight they installed perfectly well and I skimmed through the various games to satisfy my curiosity and no problems what so ever. The delivery was on time and the packaging was in good order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big chunks of my life have gone for ever., 29 May 2013
This review is from: Spellforce Universe (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I bought this as a budget game set and as it was pretty dated and thought only to amuse myself occasionally with it. In reality I found it surprisingly captivating and have found that hours drifted by while I played. The pack includes two games and three expansions, well worth the small number of pounds I paid for it. Of course being oldish games they do not have the graphics of the new games but they are good enough and I found the games absorbing and addictive.

Spellforce Universe (PC DVD)
Spellforce Universe (PC DVD) by Mastertronic Ltd (Windows Vista / XP)