I thought I was buying a 'Kilner Jar' as the product title states it is a quote: Glass Preserve Food Storage Kilner Jar - with Clip - Size - 2.0Ltr' The brand name of Kilner should not be in this product description as what I received was a 2.0Ltr glass storage jar by Utopia! Now in my book and in anybody's book, a storage jar by Utopia is NOT a Kilner jar! Kilner is a brand name and describes a specific product by a specific company. I therefore was somewhat shocked to receive a Utopia jar when I ordered a Kilner jar.

I came on to check all the other reviews to see if anyone else had commented on this issue. No, but I also note that none of the other reviews describe the jar as a Kilner. Maybe some of the other reviewers think a glass storage jar is called a Kilner jar? they're not, its a brand name.

However, the jar is fit for purpose and will do the job so I cannot be bothered with the whole process of sending it back when it appears to be just as good as a Kilner jar, but is in fact not one, its a Utopia jar!

So, I'll keep it for storing my lentils in, but just wanted to make you and the seller aware that this is not a Kilner jar so maybe that should be taken out of the title.

Edited to add:

Upon contacting the seller to mention that I was sent a Utopia jar and not a Kilner jar, I was immediately refunded in full. So, buy with confidence as this was a packing error and you will receive a Kilner jar.
on 13 January 2011
I bought these big jars to make vodka cranberries as I couldn't find any bottle with a top wide enough to stir the mixture.
It had been perfect for what I wanted and now the vodka is done, I can store dry wood such as rice or pasta, whatever I want, there are really big.
I am really happy with my purchase.
on 22 February 2014
Bought these for spice storage etc; Do the job really well. Would keep wife's heart in one but she hasn't got one!
on 16 April 2015
I have a fetish for Pickled Eggs. Hard to write a review on a glass jar but, it holds about 24 eggs (large). Sorry I cannot get more enthusiastic about a glass jar.
on 8 April 2013
Simple but professional way of storing wet and dry ingredients safely in your kitchen cupboards. Easily sealed and reopened. Easy to see contents.
This is a good sized jar for storing flour etc .. it came very well packaged and really is fit for purpose
on 21 October 2015
The metal clip and ring that holds the lid on is really flimsy and weak compared to older versions. Seems more cheaply made and possibly may break in time. A real shame!
on 11 May 2013
Good quality jar. Totally airtight unlike the cheap ones you can buy from the supermarkets.
Had it a good few weeks using it daily and it's as good as new.
on 15 November 2013
Large jar with rubber clip lock that I initially bought for storing my home made juices. Does what it says on the tin. Good value for storing anything.
on 8 December 2013
Fantastic size of these jars. I ordered 3 and am very happy with them. The seal on them is very secure. Arrive very well protected. Would recommend.