5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and convienent

To: 'Gillian Hawson'
Subject: Clovis
Importance: High

Dear Mrs Hawson,

Clovis is back at home since yesterday evening. I add the last report...
Published on 12 Aug 2012 by Sissi

1.0 out of 5 stars Follow-up Armitage Pet Care, 12 Aug 2012
This review is from: Good Boy Deli Dog Treats Chicken Fillets with Rice Bones 100 g (Pack of 8)
Follow-up for your information

Letter to Mrs Gillian Hawson Customer Services Armitage Pet Car

From: Ensmann [mailto:re.ensmann@gmail.com]
Sent: 16 August 2012 18:40
To: 'Gillian Hawson'
Subject: Clovis
Importance: High

Dear Mrs Hawson,

Clovis is back at home since yesterday evening. I add the last report from the Royal Veterinary Clinic as well as the last invoice to give you full information what had to be done to open the stretcher in his oesophagus.

He can still not eat solid food; I have now two weeks to observe the dog and to hopefully achieve to feed him again dry food to maintain the oesophagus open. Dr Kristine Jensen can be called any time if new problems occur and if not, I have to give a final report the 29th.

The whole procedure to extract the Deli Treat Biscuit did cost me up till today roughly £ 3.500,--. You find the complete listing at the end of this mail.

On top I had to drive up till now 5 times to the RVC that adds up to more than 900 miles.

For these complicated interventions, a normal Vet is not equipped and our local vet gave me the alternative in Brighton or the RVC. The RVC was faster to reach and is better equipped as a teaching veterinary hospital.

I give you all this information as you told me that you had up till now only one other complaint.

When you add up the cost and the time I invested I think many other problems might have happened but your company never had the feedback as an adequate hospital was not in reach, and the incriminated biscuit never was extracted given the money involved. I fear that a certain number of animals had to be put down, when they had reached this situation and nobody ever had the evidence, that the case was a Deli Treat biscuit.

I add some photographs I made from one of those biscuits I left in a humid surrounding for more than two days, you can see yourself the Deli Treat biscuit remains fully intact, and has not softened, even a bowl of clean, fresh water as suggested, would not change the structure.

You told me on the phone that this biscuit is intended to be hard.

The way the biscuit is promoted "Chicken Fillet with Rice Bones" does not at all give a hint that it is rather bone like in its structure than a biscuit. The only warning is for dogs under 4 months.

Every responsible dog owner does not leave a dog with a hard bone with no supervision. Once the bone is chewed to a smaller piece with the risk to be swallowed it has to be taken away. For your very hard biscuit no warning apart for puppies under 4 moths is given.

For me your company's responsibility is engaged and I wish to know what measures your company will take that such an incident should be avoided.

I know your company will play the ball low to avoid more problems and I do not intend to go further than Amazon, already informed since the beginning. But I await a responsible reaction from Armitage Pet Care.

This product is simply too dangerous to let it be as it is.

Yours sincerely

United Kingdom
Tel: 0044 (0) 1797 22 27 51
Fax: 0044 (0) 1797 22 41 18
Email: re.ensmann@gmail.com

Copy of this letter is also mailed to Amazon for follow-up

Budget Invoices

Royal Veterinary College 03 August 2012 1 - 1.500 UK-£ £1,647.64
Royal Veterinary College 15 August 2012 1.5 - 3.000 UK-£ £1,338.19

Total invoices to extract Deli Treat £3,475.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and convienent, 11 Mar 2012
This product arrived fast and as stated. This is the second time I have bought this product and I've always been pleased with my purchase. The only downside this time round was the price had increased £7 from when I bought it only a few weeks prior to this purchase, I understand prices have to go up at some time but thought £7 was rather a lot and this would affect me possibly buying in the future as its something I buy regularly so would look else where to get cheaper. Shame many sellers do this to gain more income instead of thinking about their good customers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Woof woof, 3 July 2014
Our dog's favourite treat

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get enough, 22 Mar 2014
Our Pharaoh Hound loves these, can't get enough. We choose them because they are also very low fat and without additives. Really need to look for special offers as they are relatively expensive for a treat but Amazon usually comes up with special offers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 17 Oct 2014