5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Length, Thick, Durable & Excellent Quality Cable!
Published on 25 Nov 2010 by MyKeyReviews

3.0 out of 5 stars excellent quality HDMI, very 'twisty'
From a HDMI point of view the quality of the image and sound is excellent...I also have couple of very cheepo ebay HDMI's and they sometimes drop the sound for a second but this one hasn't done that yet. So I'm very impressed.

Published on 24 Nov 2010 by Mad Saint Uden

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Length, Thick, Durable & Excellent Quality Cable!, 25 Nov 2010
MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet Braided 6.5 Feet / 2 m (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Just some information for those who do not know; HDMI cables with Ethernet are also known as HDMI 1.4, this version is needed for anyone wanting to play 3D films on their blu-ray player connected to their HDTV, also the cable allows people to view 4k resolution movies and allows upto 100Mbps Ethernet connection between two HDMI connected devices. So lets say you have a TV that can be connected to the internet but at the same time you want a blu-ray player to be connected also, instead of having the hassle of linking the router/modem to all your devices, you can connect it too your TV and use this HDMI cable to transfer internet from your TV to your device connected on the other end... who would of ever thought that one day all this could be in one cable, I surely didn't even think about it!

TV's and devices that can support the Ethernet connection should have by the HDMI port labelled as "HEC", however not all of them do so if your unsure, check the manual to see if it supports this extra connection, if it doesn't no worries as this HDMI cable will still work for those devices and TV's that can't support the Ethernet, you just wont be able to use it to connect them to the internet.

For me I was rather disappointed that my HDTV does not support the extra features of 1.4 whereas my other device does, so I cannot comment of the speed of the internet connection, however I can comment about the quality of the cable; It's the perfect length, it's pretty darn solid and thick (I can't imagine this cable getting tangled up) and the Audio/Picture quality is just what you expect from an HDMI cable.

So once again full stars for a truly great quality Amazon Basics item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job as well as the expensive versions, 23 Nov 2010
Rosey Lea (london, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Thick cable, the braiding makes it feel a much more expensive item, though the cable is flexible enough not to put a strain on sockets. Good solid connectors at both ends mean you're going to get a solid lock between your TV & hi-def device of your choice. You want a top quality cable without having to pay the earth, don't you? Get this then.

3.0 out of 5 stars excellent quality HDMI, very 'twisty', 24 Nov 2010
Mad Saint Uden "Mad Saint Uden - it's an anagram" (Kent - UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The cable itself has the texture of an iron lead (fuzzy & materiel like rather than plastic). It's also quite thick. I have found it likes it rolled up in the box shape and is a bit tricky to get both plugs in the sockets without curliness.

My own fault but 2m with the curl isn't quite long enough to reach from tv to laptop if the laptop is on my sofa but it's fine for sitting the laptop under the telly.

I'm unable to test the ethernet part as I didn't realise that you need 'special' hardware to plug in, but I'm sure as technology develops I'll be needing that functionality.

Next time I think I'll get one with the swivel ends...

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb, but awkward, 20 Dec 2010
The Evil Doctor (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not much to say about this really... Its an awesome quality, braided, ethernet-enabled cable. The build quality is second to none resulting in a superb quality picture. Ethernet ensures that its future-proofed, although you probably won't need ethernet for the forseeable future. The only downside is that because of it's braided thickness, its awkward to bend, so *might* look untidy (and will definitely be a tough job) if you've got to position it into a place where there's limited space.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid, quality HDMI cable, 22 Nov 2010
khisanth "khisanth75" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Another solidly manufactured HDMI cable from Amazon basics, this one comes with ethernet capability too. Hooked this up to my 1080p plasma and the picture was perfect. Not much to say apart from the fact that it works very well !

5.0 out of 5 stars A high quality, excellent value HDMI cable, 22 Dec 2011
Mr. Ian Thomas "Swarley" (Cambridgeshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
FYI - I've reviewed an AmazonBasics HDMI cable before, so to save repeating myself please see my review of AmazonBasics 2M Dual-Shielded High Speed HDMI Cable for my general comments on how to avoid over-priced high street HDMI cables!

This is another fine example of a supposedly "basic" HDMI cable which represents excellent value for money and offers a decent quality alternative to over-priced big brand options (that are pushed by most salesmen when you buy a new tv!). The cable is robust and surrounded by a thick protective braid covering to prevent any accidental damage. The cable is still quite flexible, but you may have trouble fitting it through a very narrow gap or bending it round a tight corner.

The plugs are gold-plated for optimal signal strength and to prevent corrosion. The cable has built-in shielding to minimise interference from other electrical equipment in close proximity. It should support the latest HDMI devices, including 3D televisions and blu-ray players. It also supports sharing ethernet network connections with other compatible devices.

I would not hesitate to recommend this excellent cable, even if it was selling at a higher price point, as it offers excellent features and quality. Top marks for Amazon and their full range of "Basics" cables - I haven't yet found a bad example in this range.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Cable, 28 Mar 2011
Scott A. Mckenzie (Selkirk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Another high quality cable from the AmazonBasics range.
The cable is very well made with a thick braided sheath and gold plated connectors. The picture qaulity is excellent.
A really good HDMI cable that looks and feels more expensive than its price tag!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 27 Jan 2011
Null Unit (England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For a basics item this cable feels very well made. The cable is thick, with a durable casing, unlike the cheap plastic casing you sometimes get. The only downside is that it is a bit stiff, but for the quality of picture you receive this is only a very minor issue.

Very good value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon 2m HDMI, 22 Jan 2011
Sanjay (Leicester) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this to replace a very cheap HDMI lead that was leading to picture quality problems. I can say that this lead appeared very well made; nice thick cable with plenty of shielding. The connectors are only plastic but seem sturdy enough.

In fact the cable is so sturdy that it tends not to bend that easily but this is a very minor gripe.

I think 2m is enough for most applications, certainly exactly what I needed to reach from the back of by plasma telly, which has an offset HDMI input, into the innards of my AV unit.

I cannot comment on it's v1.4 capabilities, it works fine on my PS3 (v1.3b?)& that's all I know about.

Certainly, there's no need to spend any more on a 2m HDMI lead (don't listen to all that marketing blurb from cable companies that tell you that you need a 100 cable for FULL 1080p). I think that this is a reasonble price for a good quality cable, you can get leads for less but you risk signal drop-outs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great HDMI cable but why write Basics on it?, 23 Dec 2010
Gortalath "Gortalath" (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This HDMI cable is high quality, gold plated has nice rope cable which is hard to bend. This gives it a high quality feel. The colour is fine and the connectors are well secured to the rest of the cable. I don't like it having Amazon basics written on it but it doesn't bother me much. The fit is very close making for the best signal quality transfer. I tried it between my PS3 and the signal was perfectly good quality, although I'm not exactly an expert on cables but this will do the job just fine. I have not tried the ethernet capability of the cable so cannot comment on that.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›