5.0 out of 5 stars awesome
Published on 14 Nov 2010 by Lukas E. Schon

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a shame
I am a fan of HIMYM. I don't love it but it is an enjoyable show with a great storyline that provided a good few laughs, until this season that is.
The storyline is still great but the laughs are few and far between with only Marshall providing any. Another problem is that Lilly gets too much screen time which I'm sure some will like but personally I find her just...
Published on 3 Dec 2010 by ManMadeMonkey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 14 Nov 2010
Lukas E. Schon (CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 5 [DVD] (DVD)
I really dont understand how people rate this season so badly. I waited so many months for this. I loved the first 4 seasons and own them all. After watching them so many times i kind of lost interest in the show. But that was just because I knew every word they would say. But then this season arrived and after reading the reviews I wasnt expecting a lot from this season but i have to say this season is just great. It is not all about barney. We get to know see how everybody in the gang changes and slowly moves on from their life we know from the previous seasons. and i have to say they are not just random episodes. I loved them all (only slap bet 2 wasn't really good in my opinion). You get some more information in this season about the mom but not that much. Though he gets to see her ( at least her feet;) ). I really loved this season and i watched the whole season in 2 days! This season continues a wonderful show. And i am really glad that we dont get to know the mother yet. This means at least one more season. I hope even more will follow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, but not as bad as people say!, 4 Nov 2010
PTB (Leicester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 5 [DVD] (DVD)
Firstly reading the other reviews and the comparision to Friends is pointless, and frankly a little lazy, Friends was about 20/30 somethings finding their way in the city of New York.. HIMYM is set in said same. Thats where any comparision should end, Friends was a hugely successful sitcom of its time, HIMYM is quirky, when i watched the first season i didnt get some of the humour, it is a show which you have to watch a good few episodes before it crawls under your skin.

This season there is a move away from the arc of season 4, and as such there is an imbalance, there is less focus on Ted finding the mother, and it can feel very episodic in nature, this happens in american TV because the networks will say "we want a show anybody can watch without needing to know what happened last week" if you have to call back to previous episodes all the time, its less likely to attract casual viewers.

There are some brilliant episodes here, including Ted, moving towards all the time the goal, in one episode he buys the house he will eventually live in, even when everybody else is telling him otherwise.. Robin grows as a character, and chooses love over her career, (for the first time) Barney grows too, after having a relationship with Robin we see how he has changed, Lily and Marshall, they move forward to, eventually deciding the time is right to try for a baby.

Worth the price of the DVD alone is the episode The Wedding Bride. Remember Stella from season 4? The man she ran off with wrote a script about it, and the bad guy? One Jed Mosely, this episode calls back a number of references to previous episodes and is brilliant. Ted's anger about being written about on the big screen is awesome.

There are filler eps, but i think eps like The Playbook, Girls Vs Suits, Slapsgiving 2, Robots Vs Wrestlers, Homewreckers are as good as any. I think people need to remember this isnt Friends, it is a bit different, and sometimes yes Barney is almost a parody of a character than a real character, do you know anybody like that? But part of its charm is the fact it's quirky, which means its not for everybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV Show, 21 April 2012
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 5 [DVD] (DVD)
Very nice TV show, I recommend all to see it.
This DVD comes with:
Main language: English 5.1 Dolby Digital
Subtitles: Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, English for the hearing impaired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic box set, 6 April 2014
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 5 [DVD] (DVD)
Yet another fantastic box set. Item arrived brand new and in excellent condition allowing us to continue to watch an excellent sitcom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 5 [DVD] (DVD)
My son has started to collect these dvds and really pleased with his latest addition. Great dvd to add to his collection

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 5 [DVD] (DVD)
My niece asked for this for her birthday last year. I have not seen it myself so I cannot comment any further.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 5 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a huge fan of HIMYM, and just had to have this one. Shipment was fast and the item in perfect condition. If you want something new instead of "Friends" and something with a little more debt. This is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as always, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 5 [DVD] (DVD)
How i met your mother is consistently good fun, you can't help but love all of the characters, Plenty of singing and dancing fun from Barney

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 5 [DVD] (DVD)
This is a brilliant series and I bought this DVD at a great price. I am very very happy indeed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: How I Met Your Mother - Season 5 [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant show with great actors/actresses. Still really frustrating that the mother is unknown....but I suppose that's the whole aim of the programme!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

How I Met Your Mother - Season 5 [DVD]
How I Met Your Mother - Season 5 [DVD] by Jason Segel (DVD - 2010)
8.12