Size: 64GB|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:£16.95+ Free shipping

on 30 December 2008
Purchased from Amazon. Images suggest Class 4, and Sandisk themselves show images that this is a Class 4 speed memory card. Actual card received from Amazon has a very small Class 2 image on it, meaning it is not nearly capable of the promised speed, and is potentially a fake. Item returned.
22 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 March 2011
In today's modern times, people are crying out for my space on their memory cards and hard drives. I bought this walloping 64gb memory card specifically for my new DSLR camera as I will be shooting in RAW format that requires more oomph in terms of space. Bearing in mind that I might also take a few videos too and this card comes in quite handy when it comes to relieving your mind of it saying to you:

"How much memory have I got left on my card?".

As I was using an old 512mb temporarily, this 64gb card has made me breathe out and go "ahhhh" at the prospect of fitting approximately 360 photographs on it. This will do nicely and it was the cheapest price I could find for it too... anywhere....
44 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2008
The picture shows this as a class 4 - but its class 2 so watch out if you need class 4
Over the years I've had memory cards from most of the major manufacturers and some of the minor ones too. Based on that experience, I now only buy SanDisk cards for the simple fact that they are the only ones that have reliably performed in terms of speed and, just as importantly, data integrity.

These 16Gb Ultra cards are no exception.

With the latest batch of cameras offering ever high resolutions and HD video cameras consuming storage at an alarming rate, a 16Gb card is a sensible minimum size. There's been discussion over the Class 4 rating shown in the image on the website. from experience, this card has been fast enough to keep the buffer of my camera clear for continuous shooting - I managed about 10 shots (Fine JPEG) in about two seconds with my A580 without running into a buffer issue (it might be less impressive if shooting RAW images) and it should be enough to capture video without any glitches or lost frames - I used it to record several 60second HD video with my Sony A580 and it worked fine in terms of frame-rate, sound and image quality.

In terms of capacity, my A580 reported that there was enough space for a staggering 2,200 photos - more than even I can shoot in a fortnight's holiday, so plenty of room for pictures and video should you want to use it for both.

If you think you need a faster card you could go for the Extreme version but for me, the Ultra does everything I need at a decent price.

Highly recommended.
on 2 March 2010
I ordered an Ultra 11 scan disk when it arrived it was defective. I e mailed the supplier who did not have the courtesy to reply to my complaint, a great disappointment. I can accept a product will be faulty, but when the service is also defective it is an unacceptable situation.
on 19 March 2009
At the time of buying this card I was slightly concerned with the write speed. However to m amazement the card had vastly exceeded by expectations. I used this card in my D90 Nikon camera and recorded movies, took snapshots without any problem. I even recorded several continuous shots at the rate of up to 4 frames per second and every time the no problems was seen. I would definitely recommend this card to any body that uses D90.
on 4 June 2009
Purchased this in October 2008. Failed to work in my Nokia N82 in May 2009 - needed reformating which could not be carried out as the card showed a capacity of 1.3 Tera (yes Tera) byte. Lots of similar failures shown on the forums for this model of card. Trying to get a replacement through Scandisk was a nightmare. They wanted a picture of both sides, the serial number which is illegible even with an eye glass & as the final straw refused to accept Amazon's proof of purchase. The card was supplied by total discount stores so I will go back to then & request my rights under the Sale of Goods Acts.
on 10 September 2009
This card eventually arrived without any supporting receipt or paperwork. The card was contained in the unsealed standard transparent case but not in the usual sealed wrapping normally associated with Sandisk OEM products. Although the card appears to work OK I am not convinced this is genuine. I would steer clear of this seller..
on 9 February 2009
SANDISK ULTRA II SDHC 16GB 15MBS

I got one with my D80 in August 2008 in Tokyo. Had to choose between Ultra III 8GB and Ultra II 16GB. Chose the latter since, I believe, with 3fps continuous shooting, my camera would not have fully utilized the Ultra III bandwidth. And...

It works like a charm - no errors, lost pictures or any troubles whatsoever (I shall not mention an incompatability with old SD card-readers here).
Plenty of room for 10MP JPEGs for a few days of robust tourism shooting. 5.6MP JPEGs will give you two weeks of shooting until fully capacicited. You will fit appx. 1000 D80 RAW files on the card.

"Copy from" speed will normally be 8MB/sec, with appx 10MB/sec max transfer rate.

Would have got a second one... but do not see a reason why I should atm.
on 22 February 2013
The problem with reviewing items like this is that they keep changing. The card I purchased is a Class 10 but the Amazon descripion picture shows a Class 6 device which is what I wanted. Reviews are often for a previous device of a different spec because the listings don't keep up with advances in technology.

Anyway, what I received is a 16GB Class 10 and I have tested it at 12MB/s continuous write speed so it is up to spec.

It came in the proper Sandisc retail packaging so I am totally happy with this item and would recommend it.

See one answered question