4.0 out of 5 stars Ultra vs Ultra II
After positive experience with two 4 gig cards from the same Ultra II product line, I ordered this 8 gig version from FLASHSUPERSTORE. The product I received came only in an SD card case in a padded jiffy pack, with no SanDisk packaging to confirm that the card is genuine. More worryingly, the card was labeled "SanDisk Ultra", and not "SanDisk Ultra II".

I...
Published on 6 Sep 2009 by C. Paton

1.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect class rating in images
Purchased from Amazon. Images suggest Class 4, and Sandisk themselves show images that this is a Class 4 speed memory card. Actual card received from Amazon has a very small Class 2 image on it, meaning it is not nearly capable of the promised speed, and is potentially a fake. Item returned.
Published on 30 Dec 2008 by S. Laurens

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultra vs Ultra II, 6 Sep 2009
C. Paton "Chris Paton" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews

I contacted SanDisk support with the serial number and photos and they confirmed that the card is genuine, and part of a new "Ultra" line. They also confirmed that "main specifications have remained the same. Both the Ultra II and the new Ultra cards are Class 4 cards (guaranteed minimum transfer speeds of 4MB/s) and they can both have transfer speeds of up to 15MB/s."

So don't be afraid if you do get an Ultra branded card; it sounds like you aren't being ripped off. So far, I've had no issues with the card and it's lived up to the high standards set by it's 4 gig brethren.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding value and capacity!!, 20 May 2009
A. Riley - See all my reviews
A number of reviews of these products mention transfer speed so I thought I would do a timed comparison. I tried this comparison with 1) the ScanDisk Extreme III 4GB card, 2) this 8GB type II card and 3) an Innovate 2GB type I card. I ran all three cards in my Nikon D80 running in burst mode in bright light. In Fine definition (what I normally use), all three cards produced the identical result of 14 frames in 5 seconds. In RAW + Fine mode, the Extreme III card managed 8 frames in 5 seconds, the others 7. However, the first 5 frames took the same time in all cases. So I cannot see the point in the ultrafast SD/SDHC cards unless one has a very fast camera with a very large Mp rating. This card comes out as fantastic value-for-money!

5.0 out of 5 stars fast & reliable, 26 July 2008
As the above review states ensure you do have a SDHC compatible camera.
We used this when travelling around Europe for a month, took approx 1300 photos & some small videos and still had over 1-2gb's left. Used the card reader to upload photos at various internet cafes and all worked accordingly, very pleased with the product & would recommend it if a large capacity memory card was req'd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Card!, 28 Aug 2008
Hani (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a superb card. I use it with my Canon EOS 450D and it rocks. Very fast and reliable and the card reader makes it far easier to move your photos. Still there is one downside that has nothing to do with the card: the 8GB doesn't help a lot when shooting RAW photos.

1.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect class rating in images, 30 Dec 2008
S. Laurens (London, UK) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading picture, 31 Dec 2008
Mr. Andrew Langley (UK) - See all my reviews
The picture shows this as a class 4 - but its class 2 so watch out if you need class 4

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable & Consumer Unfriendly, 4 Jun 2009
Stewart Gillies (Stevenage, UK) - See all my reviews
Purchased this in October 2008. Failed to work in my Nokia N82 in May 2009 - needed reformating which could not be carried out as the card showed a capacity of 1.3 Tera (yes Tera) byte. Lots of similar failures shown on the forums for this model of card. Trying to get a replacement through Scandisk was a nightmare. They wanted a picture of both sides, the serial number which is illegible even with an eye glass & as the final straw refused to accept Amazon's proof of purchase. The card was supplied by total discount stores so I will go back to then & request my rights under the Sale of Goods Acts.

5.0 out of 5 stars If my memory serves me well...., 22 Mar 2011
S. Linter - See all my reviews
This review is from: SanDisk 64GB 15MB/s Ultra SDXC Card (Personal Computers)
In today's modern times, people are crying out for my space on their memory cards and hard drives. I bought this walloping 64gb memory card specifically for my new DSLR camera as I will be shooting in RAW format that requires more oomph in terms of space. Bearing in mind that I might also take a few videos too and this card comes in quite handy when it comes to relieving your mind of it saying to you:

"How much memory have I got left on my card?".

As I was using an old 512mb temporarily, this 64gb card has made me breathe out and go "ahhhh" at the prospect of fitting approximately 360 photographs on it. This will do nicely and it was the cheapest price I could find for it too... anywhere....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great SDHC card + reader, 21 Mar 2008
Much faster than my other (cheaper) 4 GB SDHC card and comes with a nice reader so no need to run around finding a separate card reader. Thoroughly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent SDHC card, 3 July 2009
SanDisk Ultra II 8GB SD Card works very good, with my 10mgpx camera Panasonic TZ7[2009 top model]. Camera takes HD video, and theres no problem with HD video recording. The recording is very smooth due to capability to story quickly large amount of data. Reading in PC card reader is between 14 up to 21 MB per sec, writing somewhat around 7MB/s on average up to maximum 9.5MB/s. Highly recomended for digital camcorders up to 10MPX and modern digital cameras.
The card might not work in old machines which doesn't support newer SDHC format.

SanDisk 64GB 15MB/s Ultra SDXC Card