Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 July 2010
Dimitri from Paris is a well known disco lover. So, this cd is no expection. The cd is fully devoted to the orchestral disco sound of Philidelphia in the 70s. CD 1 is filled with the originals, some well known, but also the less obvious tracks. CD 2 is the real reason for this purchase. Great re-edits of the originals. Esxpecially the re-edits of "The love I lost" and "You can't hide from yourself", have been reworked to epic tracks. The only down side is, I expected - considering the title of the cd - to find - first time on cd (?)- Instant Funk's "Get down with the philly jump", but ... it's not there..
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 June 2010
A great selection from the Philly vaults by Dimitri from Paris. I'm no Philly expert but I didn't know too many of the tracks on these CDs. CD1 contains the original tracks which are all wonderful. CD2 contains Dimitri's remixes - 'The Love I Lost' (a personal favourite) is transformed into a stunning epic 11 minute reworking. If you have a feeling for the Philly sound and/or classic 70s disco then I'm pretty confident this collection will put a smile on your face whilst inspiring you to dance. Perfect groove-tastic Summer sounds. Also comes with a comprehensive booklet containing detailed background information about the birth of disco in Philadelphia.
on 15 July 2010
Timeless classics on one CD, clever re-mixes on the other. Not usually a great fan of re-mixes but these are fantastic. Made me feel young again!
on 10 August 2010
Having a broad liking of music from soul to heavy, rock ultimately the smooth quality of Philly keeps me coming back for more. There are lots of tracks of great quality on here (lots of Teddy, the man!)but the one track mentioned in other reviews "The love I lost" 11 1/2 mins long has to be a 'driving' classic, start up the car turn up the volume and listen.......what a piece of genius. I will get around to more of the other tracks but the album is worth this one track alone..." no no never, no no never, love again......."
on 6 December 2010
Right from the opening chords of Teddy Pendergrass's You Can't Hide From Yourself, this double album is a winner. Beautiful rich sound and impeccably chosen tracks give a memorable experience of why the Philly Sound was the phenomenon it was. I'm not sure the remixes on disc two add much more than the originals on disc one have already delivered but they are interesting in their own way and give some variations at times that open up other sounds and perspectives on this amazing music.
on 16 October 2010
The Genius of Dimitri, along with the soulful voice of Teddy make this a compelling purchase. There are many other good tracks on the cd as well, but when I heard "The Love I Lost" remix on a podcast, I had to get the cd for that track alone - phenomenal is an understatement.
You could imagine seeing Teddy live, as he belts out that (intro) accapella " Have you ever loved someone !" , and you feel the hairs tingle on the back of your neck. Don't wait till it's too late; ... no no never, no no never ....
on 27 August 2010
If,like me,you love this old Philly sound stuff,this is perfect.Teddy Pendergrass puts in a Tour De Force performance that is much more in evidence on these great remixes than the originals that it reminds you of what a great soul voice he had.If in doubt ,listen to the fantastic 11 minute remix of The Love I Lost .MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!
on 15 July 2010
Outstanding cd ,i have all the orignals on vinyl as i do a bit of djing,i found the remixes outstanding!have used and will do in the future?outstanding cd ,may buy them on vinyl really that good,lets have more please?
on 9 March 2011
I knew most of the songs on this CD but was pleasantly surprised by the mixes of those songs and loved the songs that were new to me. Love the whole CD and glad I bought it. You won't be disappointed.
on 23 June 2010
a great cd that enhances the original mixes and show's off the talent called MFSB an essential purchase if your into the philly sound ,the mixes dont add things that are not there which for me is how a remix should be.