1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars No Puzzle here... buy it!, 27 Sept. 2011
Chloe S "Chick Lit Chloe" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Disney Cars 104 Piece Super Colour Jigsaw Puzzle 27749 (Puzzle)
This puzzle is made by Clementoni, a company I haven't heard of before but after doing a bit of research online, it seems they produce a lot of Disney puzzles for children, although you can only seem to buy them in a selected places. This puzzle is called 'SuperColor', perhaps because the colours used in the puzzles are really bright and vivid, but it's certainly a distinctive name anyway. As I already mentioned, the puzzle has 104 pieces, and is a really nice size when it's complete because the pieces are a fairly good size. I didn't want a puzzle with tiny pieces as Harry might struggle but this is the perfect compromise - its completed size is 48.5cm x 33.5cm and therefore the image is nice and large when it's completed, giving you a great picture.

The quality of the puzzle is really good. The pieces are nice and thick, made of sturdy cardboard so they won't crease or bend too easily as long as your child is sensible with it, which luckily Harry is now. The image is really nicely printed onto the pieces, lots of bright colours are used to make it really pop out and I especially love the turquoise Mater shown on this picture. The cut of each of the pieces is really smooth, and they fit together and pull apart with ease, and without tearing too which is great as I know it will last. I always store Harry's jigsaws in a zip top bag when we take it apart so I know all the pieces are altogether in the box, as it doesn't come with a bag for the bits. I do have to say the box is a good quality too, quite sturdy and has withheld Harry sitting on it accidentally more than once! Due to the large Mater and some darker bits, it isn't an extremely easy puzzle to do, but Harry sections bits off and finds completing it that way easier, although you'll find your own way of doing it!

Overall, Harry loves doing this puzzle, and its probably the one he has done the most often since we bought him a few puzzles. I've been really impressed with the quality of the pieces, the image printed which comes out really beautifully when the puzzle is complete, and I think for the cost, it is a really good value jigsaw. There are lots of different scenes to pick from, we have Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, 101 Dalmatians, and Monsters Inc and they are all great, and there are plenty of Disney princess ones and Toy Story images to choose from too so there should be something for everyone there. If you have a child who, like Harry, is a bit jigsaw mad, then I'd definitely recommend this Cars 2 Clementoni puzzle without a doubt!